0

Do you think there will ever be any official DC/Marvel crossovers outside of comics?

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 12:11 pm
Hi. I am just a bit curious about this. For decades there's been various DC and Marvel crossovers in the comics, both officially and unofficially. The last major crossover in the comics was the JLA/Avengers crossover which came out over a decade ago.

I know DC is owned by Warner Bros. and Marvel is officially owned by Disney now.

Do you think we will ever see an official DC/Marvel crossover in other media? I know DC's and Marvel's respective parent companies would have to agree to do such crossover(s), reach certain licensing agreements and cut through a lot of legal red tape to do so.

I saw these video clips and was impressed:

These look like these could actually be parts of a major Hollywood movie.

That would be interesting to see such official crossovers in film and/or TV, live-action and/or animation, or even in video games. People would no longer have to make Mugen crossover games. People would no longer have to resort to doing parodies, which are protected under Fair Use, in order to do crossovers in film and/or TV, or make any kind of fan projects.

Please help- thank you.
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 360 • Replies: 13

1  
Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 12:46 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

You literally answered your own question. And unless Disney buys Warner Bros... or more importantly, ATT which owns Warner Bros. than no. It will never happen. Warner Bros probably would have to go bankrupt and sell DC to save its corporate life in order for Disney to pick up the rights to all the DC characters, etc.... We're a long way from that as Warner Bros is moving to open HBO Max, it's ultimate streaming service that will make the likes of DC Universe obsolete. SO, a lot is depending on how they succeed or fail in this department.

Please help- thank you.

I will never understand why you add this to many of your posts. There's no one here that can facilitate making this crossover. No one here has the networking power to arrange the appropriate meeting of the two corporate overlords associated with these two colossal IPs.

I do appreciate your courteous sensibilities to these threads though....
JGoldman10

0  
Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 05:22 pm
What's "ATT"?

3  
Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 10:27 pm
@JGoldman10,
Oh Jesus goldman, are you kidding?

google att and see what you come up with.

I mean, seriously.

JGoldman10

0  
Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 01:24 am
Did you mean AT&T? When did AT&T buy the rights to WB?

1  
Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 05:51 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

The rights? The bought the entire studio when it bought up Time Warner.
AT&T wraps up Time Warner purchase, ushering in new era for Warner Bros., CNN and HBO
JGoldman10

1  
Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 07:10 am
CRAP. Mad

I heard DISNEY bought FOX. That's JUST as bad.

1  
Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2019 07:38 am
@JGoldman10,
Given the relative tepid mess and disappointment that was X-Men Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix? Fox needs to lose executive studio control over the X-Men franchise.
JGoldman10

0  
Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2019 08:42 pm
That makes no sense to me. Why does more than one studio outside of Disney own the rights to some of the Marvel cinematic properties?

2  
Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 06:12 am
@JGoldman10,
You really don't pay attention to the news I guess? How have you not known that Fox owned X-Men rights; Sony owns the rights to Spider-Man; etc.... This has been common knowledge for decades.

Marvel, decades ago, when they were struggling financially sold the rights of differing comic book lines and characters to whomever wanted it. The respective studios (already mentioned) used those rights (and well ... had them for however long the corporate agreement stated).

When Disney came in to buy up Marvel, they could only get the rights to IP that weren't already signed away to Fox and Sony. So... they went ahead and bought most of the creative wing(s) from the parent Fox corp thus getting the X-Men rights to Disney.

This isn't a conspiracy. This is all public information. For someone who claims to love comics, I'm surprised you haven't tripped over these facts years ago.
JGoldman10

0  
Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 09:17 am
No, because I don't keep up with comic book movies. I am not a big fan of them. I didn't say I loved comics. I said I wanted to produce my own.

JGoldman10

0  
Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 11:23 am
I've expressed an interest in wanting to produce my own comics. I never said I was a big comics fan.

2  
Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 11:30 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

You do realize you're repeating yourself. I got you the first time you posted that (the previous posting ... literally right above this one).
https://i.imgur.com/pvW0FGV.jpg
JGoldman10

0  
Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2019 11:49 am
I was clarifying. I don't actively read comics. I don't personally own a comics collection. I occasionally read online ones. I've seen video showcases of comics. Whatever I know about comics I get from being online.

I have not bought and read any comics in years.

I have been to my local nearby comic shop a few times on Free Comic Book Day and picked up a few comics. I never went that often and I haven't been back since.

I tried finding out about how to approach comic industry pros- creators, writers, artists, publishers, editors, etc., about getting funding for your own comics, and about breaking into comics when going to Comicon and other comic book conventions. I have never been to any and I have yet to do that.

I've tried doing research on grants, awards and other monies for comic book creators, writers and artists and on various types of venues to get the funding I need but I never kept up with it. I recall contacting certain foundations about potential funding but had little success with that.

I am still interested in pursuing getting the proper training, materials, resources, tools, and the funding I need to professionally produce my own comics.

I hope this is clear.