Ever wonder where the snot comes from?

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 10:12 pm
Never mind the joking, I felt in deep **** a couple of months ago, re total body hacking.

- not to mention, how can total body hacking be good for eye pressure, and then my ophthamologist tended to agree with me, that the giant coughing might have been what put my lens off of its wee area before.. (my left lens sits in a sort of tenterhooks place).

I haven't coughed for several weeks until today and that damned sweater.
Grump.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 10:21 pm
Well good. Jo's all better, that's a relief; Albuquerque must be good for you.

Now what about our snot-nosed little friend? Has it all collected in your shoes? Do you sleep in a recliner? That's what I do when I have a bad, snotty cold--it's the only way I can get any sleep without being completely plugged up.

OK Bethie, give us the lowdown on the snot situation.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 10:33 pm
Well, given one has snot, isn't it a fine thing to draw out the string as long as you can make it?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 08:42 pm
and it's back

and it's weird again

and i still don't know why i feel better standing up than sitting down - it must be collecting in my feet
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 08:52 pm
Damn...... I have to thank you for the tip re: sleeping with chest elevated. It helped a lot last week.
0 Replies

barefootTia

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 09:02 pm
Just read through this thread Shocked :wink:

it reminded me of this egg separator

http://beancounters.blogs.com/daydreams/images/peter_petrie_egg_separator.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 10:46 am
ooooh, that reminds me, I should use the neti pot......
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 05:15 pm
that night I snorted the Fresca made me think of the Neti pot
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 21 Sep, 2005 05:57 pm
<grin>

I used the neti pot last night and this evening. It really does do wonders.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 08:52 am
@ehBeth,
and it's back

and I'm on the second box of kleenex

I am not amused
mismi

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 09:15 am
@ehBeth,
I'm so sorry Beth - you missed a spot Wink
feel better soon.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 10:14 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
and now i ask

why am i less plugged up when i stand up than when i sit down?

and most plugged up when i'm lying down

actually, i understand the lying down part - but standing up different from standing? it's not like the snot runs down inside my legs when i stand up.

does it?

I noticed that too. I have a sinus infection. And it's the same way. More discomfort sitting down....weird.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 09:52 pm
@ehBeth,
it's back again

time to dig out the neti pot

and the Buckleys
roger

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 11:07 pm
@ehBeth,
Since I didn't get an answer the last time I asked, how does a neti pot differ from waterboarding?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 11:33 pm
@roger,
Well the difference is You are not strapped to a board (head and body tilted) with a wet cloth over your nose and mouth while ' Dr. Mengele' pours a bucket of water into your nose and mouth, until you are almost drowned...you know..a near death experience. A neti pot unclogs your sinuses, and only makes you tilt your head in an awkward position., You can achieve the same result with salt and warm water in one of those bulb thing-a-majigs. You don't have to tilt your head, which I think is a plus.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2018 11:50 pm
@ehBeth,
Feel better soon!

As to opening up the sinuses, one method which worked for me a couple of times was a tube through the nose to the esophagus with cold water running through. (it was a medical test, the opened sinuses were a happy extra)

Oh yeah, feel better!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2018 08:06 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Since I didn't get an answer the last time I asked, how does a neti pot differ from waterboarding?

Even the CIA and FSB think neti pots are monstrously inhumane and gross.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2018 08:09 am
@roger,
Well, it's not uncomfortable or unpleasant. Actually what I like best is using the baby ultra gentle mist. You barely notice it.

Now keep in mind I swim a lot and have done so for many decades. A little bit of spray (or water) up my nose isn't going to bother me.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2018 10:40 am
Well, there'll never be changing the minds of people (who haven't even tried it), who think that neti pots are like water boarding, or some other monstrous, inhumane practice.

It gets kind of old.

Like honestly, do you think so many people would do it, even small children, if it hurt, or is frightening in any way, or even uncomfortable?

The only way it could even hurt, if if you try it with straight water, or with salt that hasn't been finely ground for the specific use in neti pots. That would sting.

So how does it compare to water boarding? It doesn't.

It actually doesn't feel like anything. I don't even feel it in my sinuses, and at first I thought it was just running from one nostril to the other. Then, maybe a half hour later, when I bent over for something, water poured out.

What does it feel like afterwards? Like you can breathe clearly.

roger

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2018 02:19 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

It gets kind of old.

I was just asking!