DON'T SUPPORT THE WAR - AT LEAST SUPPORT THE TROOPS

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 01:42 pm
No one will give up anything that gives them an undue advantage over others, even if that advantage is shared to stalemate.

I see the problem to be "hypocracy"; the clarification of "motives" within arguements between honest and decent combatants always shames them into compromise. The secondary problem is finding "honest and decent combatants"!

And I will pre-empt obvious comments by pointing out:

There is only one problem in this world; oversimplification!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 01:51 pm
while i realize the rather constant allegations of the "liberal" media, i was just walking thru the living room where the T.V. is on (entertaining my parrot) and its MSNBC with footage of "anti-war protesters" that seques into a clip of families of US military demonstrating in support of the troops but this time labeled "patriots." bias in language?
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 01:57 pm
What? Bias in American mainstream media? Dyslexia! What Is Wrong With You??!!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 02:26 pm
If one wishes to avoid biased media, American or otherwise, one limits one's self to weather, TV listings, and the stock market ticker, and is specifically enjoined from considering analysis, opinion, and commentary.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 03:11 pm
Free press is a joke, except in the nooks and crannies where the great mass of the people never gets exposed to it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 03:28 pm
timberlandko wrote:
If one wishes to avoid biased media, American or otherwise, one limits one's self to weather, .

i think otherwise, we have had a record breaking snow here in Denver, taken me 4 days to dig out the driveway--I consider this a right wing plot of the neo cons in the Bush administration. :wink:
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 03:56 pm
Please take a break from all that shoveling, dyslexia. Even as we speak, so to speak, there is a radical right snow plow headed your way.

to bury you driveway under an additional 12'.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 04:04 pm
Wink
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 07:16 pm
I have discerned a very simple and easy way to determine whether a media source is biased right or biased left.

If it carries the photo of Hussein and Chirac happily chatting, it's right wing.

If it carries the photo of Hussein and Rumsfeld happily shaking hands, it's left wing.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 07:20 pm
Blatham
!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 05:39 pm
Here is how the administration will be supporting the troops after they come home:
http://www.vaiw.org/vet/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=59&mode=t
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 06:03 pm
Edgar -- I heard about that because sometimes at night I turn my radio dial to the Joyce Riley show -- and she is having fits about this and the lack of preparation for chem-bio warfare. The Pentagon has acknowledged that the masks don't work (faulty gasket or something), but haven't replaced them. It's very typical of what the administration and Congress are doing -- they've discovered that if they talk up one thing and do another, no one notices. (And those of us who do get slammed by the Foxies who think the news comes in one easy sentence with a sports/entertainment/Dow crawl.)
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 07:21 pm
Ban the Bomb but not firecrackers
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 05:40 am
NY Times: opposition to this invasion does not imply a lack of support for the soldiers.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 08:21 am
http://www.dubyasworld.com/support-troops.jpg
0 Replies

crucialmail

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 09:56 am
army, lethal to the country.
The subject above is translated from an ancient chinese book on war and army,written by sunzi.
It basically means there are two aspects if a country has a very strong army. anybody can get that?
0 Replies