joefromchicago

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 02:26 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Do you really think that tolerance is not part of the bible and christianity, Joe?

Oh, I suppose it's mentioned in there somewhere, but tolerance isn't really a tenet of faith for either Jews or Christians. Any notion that tolerance of other faiths and religions is a Christian duty is not drawn from a strict reading of the bible.

Intrepid wrote:
Do you really think that to love God above all else does not include tolerance?

No, why should it? Love of God above all else means just that: love of God above all else. I see nothing in there about tolerance.

Intrepid wrote:
To love God above all else means to put God and his grace first. Do you really think that He meant for man to treat others badly if he would treat himself badly?

God wants everyone to treat their neighbors as themselves. Interpret that injunction as you may.

Intrepid wrote:
One would assume that one would treat himself with the utmost dignity, respect, love and tolerance. Do you really think that the bible presents this otherwise?

Yes. The bible certainly does not expect people to treat themselves with tolerance if they have deviated from the path of God. Those people are supposed to return to the faith or suffer the consequences: that doesn't sound like tolerance, that sounds like Rev. Lovelace.

Intrepid wrote:
Do you really think that God is a false idol?

I remain uncommitted.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 02:28 pm
NewSoul wrote:
Joe,

My name is Michael and I am a Muslim, do you wanna know why ?

No, not really.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 02:32 pm
Intrepid,

I have studied Bhudism rejected it , Hinduism same, Judaism of course , then got into ISlam actually to say bad things about it but then as soon as I read the first verses, I couldn't stop reading , reading...reading. Then I started reading books about Islam ...etc . I have read many books that say bad things and found out later after I read the Quran that they were lies to mislead people that didn't have the chance to read the Quran, then I was like , why do everybody say lies about Islam and everybody try to know Islam from some Muslims that were transgressing Islam's Laws. There are about 1.5 billion muslims in the world, and Islam is the fastest growing religion. I am sorry to disappoint you but I have found the truth, the proofs , recent scientific findings that match exactly the scriptures that even explain them better. I just couldn't disagree with the QUran, I couldn't find a single mistake, was hoping for a mistake. I realized that the Quran was a work of God that does not need updates. The Quran was revealed more than 1400 years ago and is still authentic. There are 66 bibles, they have being updated many times and how could we say that it is from God when it is being updated. How could we saying God has at least 66 different opinions about things, or he was not sure what he wants us to do ?

I am not in the place to convince you but it is you who can read the Quran by yourself and see with your own eyes. I have only tried to summarize how I became Muslim.

Michael.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 02:34 pm
Intrepid,

I have studied Bhudism rejected it , Hinduism same, Judaism of course , then got into ISlam actually to say bad things about it but then as soon as I read the first verses, I couldn't stop reading , reading...reading. Then I started reading books about Islam ...etc . I have read many books that say bad things and found out later after I read the Quran that they were lies to mislead people that didn't have the chance to read the Quran, then I was like , why do everybody say lies about Islam and everybody try to know Islam from some Muslims that were transgressing Islam's Laws. There are about 1.5 billion muslims in the world, and Islam is the fastest growing religion. I am sorry to disappoint you but I have found the truth, the proofs , recent scientific findings that match exactly the scriptures that even explain them better. I just couldn't disagree with the QUran, I couldn't find a single mistake, was hoping for a mistake. I realized that the Quran was a work of God that does not need updates. The Quran was revealed more than 1400 years ago and is still authentic. There are 66 bibles, they have being updated many times and how could we say that it is from God when it is being updated. How could we saying God has at least 66 different opinions about things, or he was not sure what he wants us to do ?

I am not in the position to convince you but it is you who can read the Quran by yourself and see with your own eyes. I have no interest on all this other than just conveying the Message to you.

Michael.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 02:45 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
NewSoul wrote:
Joe,

No, not really.

Dang, Joe! Put your bat down. Laughing
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 02:59 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
NewSoul wrote:
Joe,

No, not really.

You're not being very tolerant of a new member, Joe.

How very Christian of you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 06:35 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

Good point . . . i've never really seen this sensitive, spiritual side of Joe before . . .
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 06:49 pm
I tell ya', Joe, if I were the Devil himself, I'd sure want you to advocate for me. Yesir.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 07:29 pm
So, are we putting the Koran in the crapper?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 08:01 pm
God loves ya Joe
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 08:06 pm
I had a 1st edition of the first english translation of the Koran by George Sale (I think it was he) but my ex being a good christian and all had a need to burn it when we parted.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 09:56 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

You take that back!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 09:57 pm
Intrepid wrote:
God loves ya Joe

I'm counting on it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 11:20 pm
Sorry is this is already posted - but I would have thought the minister's nasty behaviour was forbidden in the book which he presumably believes he lives by.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is a pretty important bit of instruction from jesus, wasn't it?

I assume said minister would not like to be a prisoner and have Muslim captors throw his bible down the loo and such?
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 03:00 am
I don't think the pastor would worry, it's just a book. The Bible is always just a book to Christians, it's not an object of itself worthy of veneration (I think). As opposed to Muslims who believe that the Qu'ran is actually an artificat in Heaven and should not be descrated as it's not - in their eyes, hearts and minds - "just a book". That's the difference. The pastor knows that, he isn't stupid, he's just a bigot.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:14 am
If it was just a book then why the guards flushed it in toilet ?

Why would they do that , you think ? If not to upset those detainees.

The Quran is the life of Muslims, the 1.5 billion Muslims in the world.

So if Christians don't care if the bible get flushed on toilet that means that they don't really care about its teachings.

There are more than 2.5 million Muslims who remember the Quran by Heart, does not that tell you something about how special the Quran is ?

Now, is it fair to do something to hurt others no matter what it is ? Don't you have Hearts ?

Michael
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:24 am
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:09 am
They break out in hives.

A cruel torture, indeed.

We should all protest Islamic terror with a mass flushing--

I still can't believe anyone takes the flushing of a book seriously. Maybe they need to see the world won't come to an end because their book got mussed.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:10 am
Why not just put sharp sticks under their finger nails Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:14 am
You're really trying to make us all ill, aren't you Intrepid . . .

http://www.able2know.com/forums/images/avatars/12570171004294d13e33460.jpg

OK, OK, i give in . . . what's it gonna take to get you to deep six the Québecoise horror there? The rights to all the North American Tim Horton's franchises? A lifetime supply of poutine for you and all your mates?

We're desparate . . . just name your price . . . you gotta promise that William Shatner never appears in public again, too, though . . .
0 Replies