He wants to be alone?

BorisKitten

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 05:46 pm
No, you certainly don't have to be in a relationship. You do sound like you're fretting over this relationship, however. My point: No need to do so.

I've met too many women who take on flawed men as "projects," trying to make the man emotionally healthy and prove the power of love in his life, etc. It's pretty much always a waste of a woman's perfectly good time.

Instead of "find another," I could have said, "work on your PhD," or "finish that novel you've been writing...." or whatever, for YOURSELF and your own life. Your time would definitely be better spent.
0 Replies

-FreeLancer-

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 04:07 pm
I think it's pretty clear we agree on things here... Laughing but for the sake of the argument, here it goes...

Yes, I agree I'm fretting over this relationship, but that's ok the way I see it. I'm not making the poor guy (who I'm not so sure is flawed as you put it) my project (btw, after a 2-hour phone conversation we are back to being friends-friends which works really well).
Like I said, it's merely analyzing the things that are happening to me... does it take up all of my time? No. Not at all. Does it keep me from "working on my PhD"? No. I have priorities in life, and this relationship (or lack thereof) is *not* one of them.

Anyway, what you said about doing things for myself and my own life applies even if I were in a relationship.... especially if I were in a relationship... it's the only way to go through life... and it's the key to becoming someone interesting to be with and therefore interesting for the person next to you....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 08:00 pm
I'm a bit confused. FreeLancer is straightening BorisKitten out re this fellow having some flaw and that she is not making him a project. Gee, FreeLancer, re read your first few pages of posts. (only two weeks! What can I do?)

Boris Kitten and others were only trying to give their views upon reading your posts.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 03:23 am
ossobuco wrote:
I'm a bit confused. FreeLancer is straightening BorisKitten out re this fellow having some flaw and that she is not making him a project. Gee, FreeLancer, re read your first few pages of posts. (only two weeks! What can I do?)

Boris Kitten and others were only trying to give their views upon reading your posts.

Yeah, I've been straightened on how very strong Freelancer is, and she's already told me I'm missing the point, I'm not reading her posts, etc.

Perhaps this guy is a lot more patient and understanding than we thought at first....

Sorry all, have to go to work for a few days! Best of luck to you, Freelancer.
0 Replies

Proteinn

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 06:30 am
BorisKitten wrote:
I think if this man wants to be left alone, you should respect his wishes, and leave him alone. I think he has a right to do and be what he wants (just like everyone else), and it's not your job or place to change him.

Why not find someone else, who would be EAGER to spend time with you? This person is not a puzzle or problem for you to solve... if he says he wants to be alone, you should take him at his word.

I think this is the most sound advice given in this thread.

He would make a lousy partner, anyway (no social life and all...)
0 Replies