Bush promises to adopt plan for the Mideast

steissd

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:06 pm
Such sources as NY Times and the like exist for numerous decades, and they are not considered being tabloids. If they spreaded cheap lies, they would got bankrupted long ago and disappear from the media scene. I tend to trust them. If not them, then whom should I trust?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:11 pm
frolic wrote:
these morons will have only themselves to blame=> The same for the US soldiers.

Your disparagement of uniformed personnel in discharge of their assigned duty is demeaning to yourself, frolic. There is blame aplenty to go around, but none of it accrues to the rank-and-file military of whatever side.

timber
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:12 pm
Frolic wrote:
The same for the US soldiers

I think, no comments needed to this... When I read such things, I feel desire to volunteer to the U.S. Army. Unfortunately, I am a foreigner above age of 35.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:20 pm
IMHO you have to be a moron to join the army in the first place.

I'm not into this=> When i say 'jump!' you say 'how high?'
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:26 pm
frolic
What army would you join the viscious fighting men of Beelggiuum
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:34 pm
Frolic, you owe your freedom to the American soldiers that liberated the Western Europe from Nazis in the WWII, together with British troops (the Eastern Europe was liberated by the Soviet Army).
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:35 pm
frolic wrote:
IMHO you have to be a moron to join the army in the first place.

Well, that establishes certain credentials, I suppose. Forgive me if I cannot share your assessment.

Credit your ability to freely and publicly espouse such an opinion to untold others who do not hold that opinion.

Or not, as you choose. Its your right. Many have died to preserve that right. Feel free to exercize it. I'm sure they'd want it that way.

timber
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:45 pm
steissd wrote:
Frolic, you owe your freedom to the American soldiers that liberated the Western Europe from Nazis in the WWII, together with British troops (the Eastern Europe was liberated by the Soviet Army).

You want me to be gratefull to the romans too? They civilised this area at 50 BC. And after that i could thank Clovis(Chlodovech) and Charles the Great for the stability he gave to the region. And i could also thank the Dutch, the French, the Vikings, the Habsburgs,..... They all contributed to what our country is now. The US was just the last in the row to visit us. How long do we have to be gratefull? Forever?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:00 pm
i enlisted, i served, i respect others that did the same, i also respect those that went to canada and those that went to prison. we all serve our beliefs and are none the less for it. it is not appropriate to say the the military is why we have freedom any more than others who disagree and serve their country in ways that are consistent with their values.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:00 pm
Well, I feel, the Romans did not accomplish their mission. Ingratitude usually does not appear in the list of the civilized persons' features.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:04 pm
steissd wrote:
Well, I feel, the Romans did not accomplish their mission. Ingratitude usually does not appear in the list of the civilized persons' features.

How long do we have to be gratefull? Forever?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:13 pm
Frolic.
You may not be greatful but I sure am sorry that even one American soldier lost his life fighting to give people like you freedom.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:25 pm
Its a disgrace for those people, fighting in that war, that nowadays people like you are refering to them in order to justify an unjust war against Iraq.

There live some Americans in Bastogne(they stayed there after the war) And they share my view. They dont want to be abused by Bush and his warmongers to justify the unjust. They know what war means.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:46 pm
frolic wrote:
They know what war means.

Some folks in this thread have a pretty good idea of what war means, too, frolic.

I don't believe any of that group, regardless their position on Iraq or Bush The Younger, have any but the highest regard for troops of all types and sides. I don't doubt that any would rather see any circumstance but war.

I doubt you will agree, but I am proud that US Forces played a prominent part in the securing of your current freedoms. Your gratitude is not necessary; it is satisfying enough to know that it is so.

"Thanks" are not per se a factor when it comes to "Doing The Right Thing".

timber
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:55 pm
Some folks dont have a clue what war means. Bush for instance never came near a war situation. Unlike Clinton, who dodged the draft, Bush signed up for a six year stint but, four years in, after the government invested $200,00 teaching him to fly, refused to obey an order to take a physical, resulting in suspension from flying. Instead of being arrested for failure to appear when ordered, Bush disappeared from duty until the Viet Nam war ended
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:55 pm
i agree with timber but i would like to add that i have seen several statements to the effect that we owe our freedom to the military, i say thats an error of logic. lets say the end result is a loaf of bread (freedom) would you say its the farmer that grows the wheat, the silo that stores the wheat, the millar that makes the flower, the trucker that takes the flower to the distributer, the baker that bakes the bread? no, its the combination of all that puts the bread on the table so that all may partake and each step along the way is an important as any other. the soldier may go off to war but he is no more the cause of freedom than the farmer that stays home and feeds him.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 08:00 pm
Good one dys.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 08:01 pm
OK, no one neglects significance of civilians, Heavens forbid. But Frolic's attitude toward soldiers cannot be described with the words and expressions I tend to use in the public forums and/or in presence of ladies.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 08:15 pm
Very well put, Dyslexia ... I readily acknowledge the finer point you have put on the issue.

timber
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 08:35 pm
timber and dys for nobel prize.
0 Replies