Bush promises to adopt plan for the Mideast

steissd

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 12:44 pm
Edgarblythe wrote:

I don't think Sharon will accept any sort of Palestinian state

It is very nice to make decisions instead of Mr. Sharon. He has almost lost his position as a chairman of the Likud party in 2002 for openly accepting the idea, I do not know what else must he do to prove that he means peace.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 01:29 pm
He could slow down on the killing process for starters.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 01:33 pm
When the terror stops, the killings will be stopped reciprocally. These killings are not sport, they pertain to self-defense of the country.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 01:48 pm
They are brutal and they are excessive.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 01:49 pm
frankly i don't believe Bush, Sharon or Arafat give a tinkers damn about peace in the middle east.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 01:54 pm
Only the common people on average probably have a clue.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 02:03 pm
Dyslexia wrote:
frankly i don't believe Bush, Sharon or Arafat give a tinkers damn about peace in the middle east.

The above is correct only about Arafat, IMO. I hope, PM Abu-Mazen will be more pragmatic.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 02:35 pm
The death-by-bulldozer was tragic. It was also stupid. A bulldozer operator can't see anythink for several yards in front of the machine, and can't hear a damned thing that doesn't come through his own headphones. The operator will be listening intently to the machine noises, which tell him how things are going with things like the engine, the hydraulics, and the treads ... all of which are pretty important to be aware of.

I recall an incident from The Vietnam Era, wherein a protestor lost his legs to a train. Noble, perhaps ... pointless, unnescessary, and ill-advised, certainly. Big machines are not to be trifled with regardless of political affiliation.

Stepping in front of active heavy equipment is foolish, and fraught with dire consequence, whether in a war zone or on a construction site. Sincerity of intent in no way absolves one from adherence to common sense.

timber
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 03:03 pm
Timber,
The IDF kills at will and they dont care about who they kill. This wasn't the first foreigner killed and it wont be the last. IMO=> IDF,Mossad, Hamas, Al Aqsa Brigade,Jihad.... all the same brutal & shameless murderers.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 03:05 pm
Timber
That may be true but people will believe what they want to believe.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 03:07 pm
There is a sufficient dessential difference: Jihad, Hamas and Al Aksa brigades kill civilians deliberately, and IDF by accident.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 03:12 pm
the issue is people dying needlessly, whoever they are.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 03:15 pm
Edgar
Quote:
They are brutal and they are excessive.

For us sitting safe and sound here in the states they may seem excessive. However, for someone who is in danger of getting blown to bits or seeing their friends and relatives killed and maimed at any time it may not seem so. I should point out that after 9/11 the US after a similar incident did not hesitate bombing the $hit out of Afghanistan. With the approval of all US citizens. All I can say don't critisize untill you walk a mile in their shoes.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 03:17 pm
I agree. Tell this to the Palestinian terrorists, maybe, you will succeed in convincing them to stop using their own compatriots as human shields. If you manage doing this, I can almost be sure that the Israeli government will decorate you with its highest award.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 03:23 pm
frolic
Your right it wasn't the first nor will it be the last
There have been more than a few foreigners killed in the suicide bombers. I should point out they however were not as this individual acting as human shields.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 03:24 pm
frolic wrote:
Timber,
The IDF kills at will and they dont care about who they kill. This wasn't the first foreigner killed and it wont be the last. IMO=> IDF,Mossad, Hamas, Al Aqsa Brigade,Jihad.... all the same brutal & shameless murderers.

Forgive me frolic, but I see that mindset characteristic of the core of the problem. Neither party to the dispute is without blame. While I deplore the actions of both, I am particularly revolted by the Palestinian's open and flagrant disregard for civilian life and property. Their "method of attack" is indiscriminate. Israeli rsponse has been more specifically directed, and, while severe, not aimed at the uninvolved. The Palestinians provoke, the Israelis respond. That is the circle of action which must be broken. Sadly, I see no evidence of any will to break that circle from either party.

timber
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 03:32 pm
By the way, one of the recent terror attacks was almost exclusively aimed against foreign nationals: two homicide bombers exploded themselves in the middle of the Tel Aviv neighborhood populated mainly by the foreign workers.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 03:32 pm
both sides are dealing in death with the means at hand and all for naught
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 03:34 pm
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 03:41 pm
is whats happening productive?
0 Replies