McCain wins, Frist/Dobson lose

Lash

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 05:25 pm
Well. That's hardly a fair question. Yours is already broke.

<hee>

I expect all manner of recriminations, reverberations, murder and graft.

And, come next election season, all will be placid.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 05:28 pm
Oh Hell, of course . . . these boys and girls know that this will be long forgotten by the time mid-terms roll around. In fact, they're counting on it. It is always amusing, in a pathetic sort of way, to see the noble posturing which appears in the Senate in the year before mid-terms . . .
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 06:30 pm
Lash wrote:
.... I bet Voinovich is finding dead fish wrapped in his morning paper...

Laughing

waking up in the morning with the disembodied pate of "seabiscuit" laid neatly on the new martha stewart comforter ?

boy, is the wife gonna be pissed. "so george, you had to wait till i got new bed linens to grow a conscience ???"
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 06:57 pm
Poor thing.

I feel for him. It'll blow over.

What are you thinking of McCain lately...?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 07:18 pm
Lash wrote:
Poor thing.

I feel for him. It'll blow over.

What are you thinking of McCain lately...?

long time fan. we differ on a few issues, but for the most part he comes across as pretty straight up to me.

and that he bucks the system now and again appeals to my rocker nature. i just can't tolerate a "yes man".

considering his history, i doubt that he's much afraid of anything that the party could ever do to him.

i'm looking forward to the movie that's coming up. howz 'bout you ?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 07:27 pm
I liked him much better a couple of days ago--and this is weird--it's not because he bridged the gap with the Dems--or that he could be considered to have effectively weakened the GOP--because I see the result as a good thing--

BUT-- he is constantly promoting himself as some ...<right words...?...> pinnacle of goodness...or above it all... I haven't turned against him--but I'm looking at ole John with a more critical eye.

I caught him on Fox and Friends this morning, promoting the movie--and he said he'd had all kinds of demerits (at West Point?) for breaking rules and such--something I'd usually see as a positive. But, I wonder sometimes, if he doesn't go the 'lone way' just for the sake of going the lone way...

Anyway. I AM interested in seeing it.

But, <points at both eyes like Gaylord Focker's prospective father in law> I'm watching him.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 07:48 pm
Lash wrote:
he said he'd had all kinds of demerits (at West Point?) for breaking rules and such--something I'd usually see as a positive. But, I wonder sometimes, if he doesn't go the 'lone way' just for the sake of going the lone way...

well, being an admiral's son must be a lot like being a p.k. just gotta push it to feel like your own person. that's what got me started, and my old man wasn't even brass... hahaha...

But, <points at both eyes like Gaylord Focker's prospective father in law> I'm watching him.

the circle of trust...
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 07:55 pm
I laughed when I read what Peggy Noonan said about McCain (and others) today.....

"John McCain wryly reminded us not to miss A&E's biography of his heroic Vietnam experience. Joe Lieberman referred to the group as "this band of brothers, and sisters." But my favorite was Lindsey Graham, who said, "I know there will be folks 'back home' who will be angry, but that's only because they're not as sophisticated and high-minded as I am. Actually they're rather stupid, which is why they're not in the Senate and I am. But I have 3 1/2 years to charm them out of their narrow-minded resentments, and watch me, baby."

Oh, excuse me, that's not what he said. That's only what he meant. It was the invisible scroll as he spoke. The CNN identifier that popped up beneath his head as he chattered, however, did say, "Conceited Nitwit Who Affects 'Back Home' Accent to Confuse the Boobs."

Oh wait, that's not what it said. It said, "R-South Carolina." My bad.

Actually, what Mr. Graham said was, "People at home are gonna be mad at me for a while." He said he decided to support the deal because "kids are dyin' " in Iraq, "Social Security is comin' up," and "this is a lot bigger than me." If only he knew that is true."

Perfect Smile

<Hiya DTOM...waving>
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 07:58 pm
So what can I say to that JW, well, I mean other than lol.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:02 pm
I thought I heard Graham say exactly that!

<nodding enthusiastically>

<waves at JW!>
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 10:07 am
JustWonders wrote:
<Hiya DTOM...waving>

hola jw !

startin' to warm up over here. we've got the coronas on ice, just waitin' for ya. don't forget the sunblock...

Cool
0 Replies