Iranian war

Olivier5

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 03:35 am
I wonder what planes the US will use if and when they bomb Iran. The F35 is basically unusable in combat condition, a terminally-flawed lemon. The F22 can probably evade this russian antiaerial system the Iranian got, though it costs a fortune to fly.
vikorr

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 03:49 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
We did what we had to do in order to save the world from Communism.
Read "Well yes, we acted like a mob boss. We did what we had to do in order to save the world from Communism." Al Capone also portrayed himself as an upstanding citizen.

Quote:
Russia is hardly comparable to a police officer. They were an evil dictatorship out to conquer the world.
Not particularly good at analogies I see. In both analogies, Russia and America are both actually mob bosses.

Quote:
No hypocrisy. Any evil dictators that we supported, we did so only in order to protect against the greater evil of Communism.
If you can't see the hypocrisy in claiming to protect the world from a dictator, while propping up other dictators, there's not help for your hypocrisy.
vikorr

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 03:56 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Denying history doesn't make the truth go away.
If you want to see if someone is lying, see if their actions match their words. So that's what I do. I'm certainly not denying history - I'm the one pointing it out.

- Who invaded
- Who suffered for it; and
- Who benefited from it

The process is well acknowledged by me. But not by you. You buy into fiction to go with the history. And I am calling the propaganda you spout what it is - fiction. You can't even bring yourself to look at the pattern - all you've been able to spout, over and over, is the propaganda that you wish to believe.

As I mentioned - if you want to see if someone is lying, see if their actions match their words. This is a universal truth.

The U.S. pattern shows their actions do not match their words. Ie. They are lying. And you are buying propaganda.
HabibUrrehman

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 07:48 am
@vikorr,
You nailed it my friend.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 11:58 am
@HabibUrrehman,
Well Trump has his war and his reelection assured. Sure glad I don't have to sacrifice any kids or grandkidd to Trumps made up war.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 12:01 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
I wonder what planes the US will use if and when they bomb Iran.

Heavy bombers most likely. We can fly them out of bases in Diego Garcia and the UK.

Stealth bombers at first, then after Iran's air defenses have been smashed up we can start using older bombers.

Olivier5 wrote:
The F35 is basically unusable in combat condition, a terminally-flawed lemon.

That is incorrect. The only real problem it has is that leftists keep trying to make it do air superiority, which it is not designed to do. It is an outstanding ground attack plane.

It is, however, a short range aircraft. This will be a bombardment carried out at long range.

Olivier5 wrote:
The F22 can probably evade this russian antiaerial system the Iranian got, though it costs a fortune to fly.

The F-22 is more of an air-superiority fighter than a ground attack plane.

Like the F-22 it is a short range aircraft.
oralloy

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 12:04 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
Read "Well yes, we acted like a mob boss. We did what we had to do in order to save the world from Communism." Al Capone also portrayed himself as an upstanding citizen.

Bank robbers often say that police officers are no different from they are.

vikorr wrote:
Not particularly good at analogies I see. In both analogies, Russia and America are both actually mob bosses.

That is incorrect. America was desperately trying to save freedom and democracy.

vikorr wrote:
If you can't see the hypocrisy in claiming to protect the world from a dictator, while propping up other dictators, there's not help for your hypocrisy.

We had to support lesser evils in order to protect from the far greater evil of Communism.

Even when we supported a dictator as a lesser evil, we still did our best to curb that dictator's murderous impulses, and did our best to push their dictatorship in the direction of freedom and democracy.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 12:05 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
I'm certainly not denying history - I'm the one pointing it out.

That is incorrect. You are denying the historical fact that our Cold War conflicts were a desperate attempt to save freedom and democracy.

vikorr wrote:
You buy into fiction to go with the history. And I am calling the propaganda you spout what it is - fiction. You can't even bring yourself to look at the pattern - all you've been able to spout, over and over, is the propaganda that you wish to believe.

That is incorrect. That the Cold War was a desperate attempt to save freedom and democracy is neither fiction nor propaganda.

vikorr wrote:
The U.S. pattern shows their actions do not match their words. Ie. They are lying. And you are buying propaganda.

That is incorrect. Our pattern of intervening against other nations is 100% consistent with us acting like a police officer.
oralloy

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 12:07 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
HabibUrrehman wrote:
You nailed it my friend.

Bank robbers often complain that police officers are hypocrites who are no different than they are.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 03:12 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
That is incorrect. You are denying the historical fact that our Cold War conflicts were a desperate attempt to save freedom and democracy.
Says your PR man? The only real history when it comes to mans doings - is those of the actions. People lie about their motives, and countries (and their politicians) have even more reason to lie about their motives, and more ability to paint false motives as 'history' - so you can't call motives history (well you can, but such does 'history' a great injustice).

And that great dilemma about how often (every countries) politicians lie about why they (their country) invades another country, leaves people with only one way to tell if the politicians are lying or not : look and see if the actions match the words. And in the case of the U.S., over and over again, the words do not match (the action, suffering, benefit). The history of U.S' invasions have overwhelmingly been about looking after the U.S. at the expense of other peoples suffering.

You unfortunately, are just like every other gullible patriot who fell for their leaders nonsense about the need to invade another country. Your gullibility is arguably worse, because your country has a very clear history of invading other countries and making them suffer, for it's own benefit.
HabibUrrehman

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 03:30 pm
@vikorr,
Thanks for speaking the truth.
vikorr

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 03:32 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
That is incorrect. Our pattern of intervening against other nations is 100% consistent with us acting like a police officer.
Uh uh. Other than the great corruption shown by it's 'policing' (and this has already been pointed out), why does it ignore so much 'crime' in Africa...oh wait...the answer is very clear because it matches the the pattern found in which countries it invades (those that benefit the U.S. to invade)....there is no benefit in it for the U.S to invade African states.

So again, if it's a police officer, it's quite corrupt. Being a police officer is just an image it painted of itself in order to lend 'legality' to it's invasions (bur Iraq showed that if the court is not on it's side, it will ignore the court). It's a slogan people could chant without thinking, to 'make it sound good'.
vikorr

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 03:48 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
Hello,

Some people don't like what I see as the truth. When it all comes down to it, I do not like ideas (or ideology) that are: hypocritical / engaging in double standards, intolerant, or unnecessarily violent.

The only way to express such with people immersed in such is to:
- point out the pattern of the actions, and the affects,
- then seeing whether or not the reasoning matches.
If the reasoning matches, then we may have an ideology issue, and if the reasoning doesn't match, then we likely have a propaganda issue. These two outcomes are generalised of course.

Unfortunately, many are so bought into their view of things that no matter how many examples you show - that illustrate the same things, the ideologue makes excuses for each and every one, never looking at the whole, nor how the individual excuses don't match the whole (whole here can mean a whole country, or part of a country that is openly different - and considers itself a whole, or a whole series of events, or ideologies and whole but separated branches of the parent ideology etc)

But I apply the same process to every aspect of life that I see around me. See if the actions match the words. This includes, governments, religions, business, other organisations, and individual persons.

Because of that, I find that my views sometimes go against the grain.
HabibUrrehman

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 03:57 pm
@vikorr,
It's a very good strategy. Most people here don't spend time in reading the argument of other person, they have their own pre-conceived notions and all they want is arguments to prove only their point of view is right and everyone else is wrong. It is all about winning one's own argument to satisfy the ego. I am happy to see there are few good intellectuals who are sincere and are putting good arguments to help others.

Keep up the good work please, it is important that we speak the truth even if the whole world is against us.
Ragman

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 04:19 pm
@HabibUrrehman,
[quote="HabibUrrehman”] “Most people here don't spend time in reading the argument of other person, ...”[/quote]
Seeing that you have just very recently become a forum member, how would you know what most people here do?
vikorr

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 04:21 pm
@Ragman,
Experience from other forums that he/she uses (or has left)?

Life experience? (people do that same with spoken language arguments)
Ragman

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 04:22 pm
@vikorr,
Thank you, Habib
vikorr

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 04:23 pm
@Ragman,
You're welcome. Laughing
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 04:35 pm
@oralloy,
The Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II is a family of single-seat, single-engine, all-weather, stealth, fifth-generation, multirole combat aircraft, designed for ground-attack and "air-superiority" missions. 
-- Wikipedia
oralloy

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2019 05:08 pm
@Olivier5,
The F-35 was not designed for air superiority, and is not capable of carrying out such a role.

The Democrats have declared that it is an air superiority fighter as a way to cover up their campaign to sabotage our military by eliminating our real air superiority aircraft.

When Democrats make proclamations that are contrary to reality, reality does not alter itself to comply with Democratic proclamations.

The F-35 is a great short range ground attack plane however. The fact that it can't do something that it was never designed to do should not take away from the fact that it is good at what it was actually designed for.