What's up with major designer brands and other companies making RACIST clothes, other goods and ads?

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 10:38 am
Get back to the main topic, as I said earlier, I don't get WHY people choose to do participate in racist ads and promote racist products. People aren't forcing them to.

I wonder what was going through the heads of both of these models:

https://external-preview.redd.it/nIMWj9E3FQR7oy6aVHkiEDqFWDWLgEkJZWXxMC7r3EI.jpg?auto=webp&s=3ad0ab51122688157d7f0209d64a1e3ad3372e56

when they choose to do this ad.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 11:20 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

when they chose to do this ad.

FIXED.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 11:36 am
They did it for the money, I guess.

The Eddie Murphy skit reminded me of a French documentary called the "Inverted Exploration", where two Papous explore France and comment what they see.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 11:54 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

https://external-preview.redd.it/nIMWj9E3FQR7oy6aVHkiEDqFWDWLgEkJZWXxMC7r3EI.jpg?auto=webp&s=3ad0ab51122688157d7f0209d64a1e3ad3372e56

when they choose to do this ad.

They probably weren't told what the context or the client of the photo shoot was.

I'm keeping my finger's crossed that this is a single image from a bizarro royalty free based photo shoot. That the marketing department of Sony decided to force their inappropriate message into this unrelated fashion photo to make some kind of tone deaf ad that appealed to no one but the creepiest of fetish holders/members of the BDSM community.

And is that white woman have an upside down cross around her neck?
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2019 02:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Getting back to the main topic, as I said earlier, I don't get WHY people choose to do participate in racist ads and promote racist products. People aren't forcing them to.

tsarstepan wrote:

JGoldman10 wrote:

when they chose to do this ad.

They probably weren't told what the context or the client of the photo shoot was.

I'm keeping my finger's crossed that this is a single image from a bizarro royalty free based photo shoot. That the marketing department of Sony decided to force their inappropriate message into this unrelated fashion photo to make some kind of tone deaf ad that appealed to no one but the creepiest of fetish holders/members of the BDSM community.

And does that white woman have an upside down cross around her neck?

FIXED.

That's probably true- they probably weren't told what the context or the client of the photo shoot was.

Likewise, the African man who starred in that racist Chinese laundry detergent ad was probably in a similar situation when he did that ad.

I get what Sony was doing with the two models in the ad- they were basically just making use of the monochromatic color theme. However, I can see why some folks would construe this ad as racist.

You have a good eye- I didn't notice the upside-down cross until you pointed it out.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2019 11:01 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

My sense is that advertisers are using the contemporary twitter outrage culture as a way to get free exposure. I didn't know these Adidas, Gucci and H&M products before you posted them here, and now I do.

Okay. I wouldn't have known anything about any of these products if commercialized Internet access did not exist. Here's some more stuff I want to share:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2018/12/15/seriously-prada-what-were-you-thinking-why-fashion-industry-keeps-bumbling-into-racist-imagery/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.72c37eaeea93

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/s36/MAvericker/1/5e39e471-b84d-454a-8ade-b59191a50f9e-original.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

https://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/prada-stop-selling-blackface-keychains/315997

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/s36/MAvericker/1/0ee09cf1-515f-4466-937f-ece35489ff39-original.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The little monkey figurines and keychains in these pics are disgusting and should be offensive to anyone.

I am glad Prada had enough sense to recall them.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2019 05:15 pm
I guess when it comes down to it, most actors, models, etc. who participate in racist ads and/or promote racist products don't really care about ethics or morals.

They're in it for the money, and/or they want the attention.

I feel sorry for the KIDS who get involved. Often, if I'm not mistaken, the parents FORCE them to get involved.

I think it's highly inappropriate for parents to let minors star in or be featured in R-rated movies.

That makes me wonder what kind of impact will their film experience have on their development, and how that will affect them once they become adults.

There was an R-rated horror movie I've seen called Orphan. The star of the movie was a 12-year old. What I DIDN'T like about the movie was that the 12-year old girl was playing a VERY mature role.

There was an R-rated psycho thriller movie I've seen called Hard Candy. That was about a 14-year old girl who took it upon herself to take down a pedophile. The man did not know how CRAZY the girl was. That was very unrealistic. I watched the movie and I thought to myself, "Where were the girl's parents when all the mess that transpired in the movie was going on?"

I was maddened at the ending of the movie.
***Spoiler Alert***- the girl drives the man to literally kill himself by hanging, and the girl just walks away from the man's properly and brushes it off like nothing happened.

I was also maddened at a scene in the movie before that.
***Spoiler Alert***- the lady next door hears a bunch of commotion going on in the man's house, and the girl comes out of the front door of the house and addresses and addresses the woman. If I recall correctly, the woman asks her if she was okay, and if she was home by herself, and asked her what all that noise emanating from the man's house was.

The girl hesitates to answer her and she makes up some stupid LIE about what that noise was the woman heard, and the woman buys it and leaves.

If I had been the neighbor, I would have CALLED THE FRIGGIN' COPS if I heard a bunch of commotion going on in that house. But I'm not the one who WROTE the movie. Mad

I am wondering, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE PARENTS WHO PUT THEIR KIDS UP TO STAR IN OR BE FEATURED IN R-RATED MOVIES?"

It's inappropriate to have minors appear in an R-rated movie especially if there's nudity involved, and especially if the minors are required to play MATURE parts. The kids should not be displaying inappropriate sexual behavior and wearing sexily-suggestive attire.

The kids shouldn't be in the movies cussing either.

This type of stuff doesn't surprise me- the parents of these kids are obviously NOT Saved.

Getting back to this:

I haven't owned or played with any gaming consoles in years. The last one I ever owned was an N64.

I certainly don't want to buy a console from a company that uses occultic images and symbolism like upside-down crosses in their ads.

knaivete

Reply Sat 15 Jun, 2019 08:49 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
The kids should not be displaying inappropriate sexual behavior and wearing sexily-suggestive attire.

This type of stuff doesn't surprise me- the parents of these kids are obviously NOT Saved.

You've touched on some interesting points there. Perhaps you could create another topic to expound on the nexus between appropriate television, sex and religion?
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2019 01:19 am
@knaivete,
knaivete wrote:

Quote:
The kids should not be displaying inappropriate sexual behavior and wearing sexily-suggestive attire.

You've touched on some interesting points there. Perhaps you could create another topic to expound on the nexus between appropriate television, sex and religion?

Glad you agree. Minors, especially BOYS, should not appear in any scenes in movies with nude females, or with females dressed inappropriately, or with women acting sexually-suggestive either.
0 Replies