George Galloway blasts the Senate

McTag

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 03:28 pm
I think that was a good and worthwhile digression.
Heartfelt personal observations are always valuable.
I withdraw my earlier objection, which was fairly lighthearted- I was only fooling around.
Many of the best discoveries are made by accident.

Am I forgiven?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 03:32 pm
Bravo !
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:59 pm
JW: Braindead hamsters ... Laughing

Actually, JW, I would consider you the posterchild for the un-nastiest of the rightwing element. You always make your point, but I don't think I've ever seen you stoop to the gutter.

Guess that makes you a compassionate conservative, eh?
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:05 pm
McT: Certainly nothing to forgive! We have opposing opinions on a fair assortment of topics, but I've always found you to be civil even during your most vehement of times and I've enjoyed your ... let's say ... wicked sense of humor (compliment) even when I've been the one staring down both your barrels.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:22 pm
WhoodaThunk wrote:
JW: Braindead hamsters ... Laughing

Actually, JW, I would consider you the posterchild for the un-nastiest of the rightwing element. You always make your point, but I don't think I've ever seen you stoop to the gutter.

Guess that makes you a compassionate conservative, eh?

Thanks, Whooda! I try to not take any of this very seriously Smile 'Tis tempting at times, though LOL! But...no one here has changed the basic beliefs I came in with, and I've no doubts I'll not be changing anyone else's any time soon.

Stop by every now and then...I'll miss your pithy comments Smile
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 09:17 am
Something for the Galloway fans to ponder ...

Quote:
Killing Blair 'morally justifiable', says Galloway

Friday May 26, 2006
Guardian Unlimited

George Galloway has said the assassination of Tony Blair would be "morally justified" given his support for the war in Iraq.

The anti-war Respect MP said a suicide bomb attack on the prime minister would be "morally equivalent to ordering the deaths of thousands of innocent people in Iraq as Blair did".

The controversial leftwinger added that he was not calling for such an attack and that he would tip off the authorities if he knew of one.

But his remarks provoked a furious response, with one Labour MP calling him "disgraceful" and "twisted".

In an interview for GQ magazine with the former editor of the Daily Mirror, Piers Morgan, Mr Galloway was asked whether the assassination of Mr Blair by a suicide bomber would be justified, if there were no other casualties.

He replied: "Yes, it would be morally justified. I am not calling for it, but if it happened I believe it would be of a wholly different moral order to the events of 7/7.

"It would be entirely logical and explicable.
And morally equivalent to ordering the deaths of thousands of innocent people in Iraq as Blair did."

In response to the furore his comments have caused, Mr Galloway said: "Like the prime minister's wife commenting on suicide bombings in Israel, I understand why such desperate acts take place and why those involved might believe such actions are morally justifiable.

"From the point of view of someone who has seen their country invaded and their family blown apart it's possible, of course, for them to construct a moral justification. But I've made my position clear. I would not support anyone seeking to assassinate the prime minister. That's why I said in the interview I would report to the authorities any such plot that I knew of.

"What I did make abundantly clear to Piers Morgan in the GQ interview is that I would like to see Tony Blair in front of a war crimes tribunal for sending this country to war illegally and for the appalling human consequences which resulted. That's what I will continue to press for," he said.

He added: "Such an operation would be counter-productive because it would just generate a new wave of anti-Arab sentiment whipped up by the press.

"It would lead to new draconian anti-terror laws, and would probably strengthen the resolve of the British and American services in Iraq rather than weaken it.

"So, yes, I would inform the authorities."

Note what he actually said, I made it bold ...

Note the pirouettes he's making since...

Idjut.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:06 am
Wottadummass.
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:09 am
http://www.synthstuff.com/mt/archives/george-galloway-dance.jpg
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 11:24 am
Doctor, my eyes ... Shocked
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 26 May, 2006 01:29 pm
I said much earlier, that Galloway was a nasty piece of work. But, sometimes it takes one to say the things critical of the British and US administrations that he has. Doesn't make him wrong on the big issues.

But to dine with him, use a long spoon as they say.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 31 May, 2006 01:09 am
nimh wrote:
Something for the Galloway fans to ponder ...

And some Conservatives think, he 'only' should commit suicide ...

"I think that Blair's resignation and suicide might cheer his own party (and the rest of us) up a little."
(Trevor Ivory, the chairman of Norwich South Conservatives, on his online diary)

Quote:
A spokesman for The Samaritans, which offers support to suicidal people, said the comments made by the local Tory chairman were "inexcusable".
"It is clearly irresponsible to suggest that anyone should take their own life," the spokesman said.

"Suicide should be discussed in a serious and proper way. Anyone who suggests that someone should take their own life is beyond the pale, and for someone who is in a position of responsibility to do so is quite inexcusable."
Source
0 Replies