Rice: Gun Rights Important As Free Speech

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:38 pm
Oh no. Now you've been and gone and done it! Mentioned the war! Might the constitution be a bit like the bible - ok in its time - but a bit out-dated? Like - we no longer stone adulteresses and all that.

However, 'tis a wondrous document in many ways.

Your comment about how you would "carry" in the US is the whole point of sane gun control, isn't it?

The US appears locked into a domestic arms race.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 10:50 pm
Quote:
gungasnake

The ammendment [sic] is not difficult to interpret and no reasonable person with a good command of the English language would interpret it that way.

So sayeth Chief Justice Gungasnake! Laughing Can you imagine, gunga, can you possibly fathom the state of the law if it were left up to folks like you to decide?
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 11:36 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
So am I, but I wouldn't show for duty in A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, with a .22 .

The Second Amendment is written with the qualification that as long as a well regulated militia IS necessary the right to bear arms shall not be infringed, but a person not under the regulations of such an organized armed group, for instance, having your weaponry listed in a registry, seems to me not to have any license or right to bear arms. One end of the amendment supports the other, each end being equal.

Joe(here's shooting at you)Nation

I found the following on another one of them pesky conservative websites. Nevertheless, I think it aptly refutes your above contention.

Quote:
There has been an attempt by some anti-gun fanatics--and how else may we describe one who would take away his neighbor's right of self-defense--to confuse a clear understanding of traditional American liberty, by citing the coupling of "a well regulated militia being necessary...," with "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"; as though the first clause was limitation to the second. But close scrutiny will not support such confusion.

The existence of the various State militia--regulated or unregulated--was never set up as a condition precedent, nor ever intended to imply a limitation on the manifest right and assumed duty of American free men to arm themselves to protect their selves and families. The emphasis--the thrust of the linkage, as anyone familiar with contemporary concepts will immediately appreciate--was entirely in the opposite direction. A population, self armed and well schooled in the use of small arms, was deemed essential to having an effective Militia. And the expectation of effective State Militia, trained to a common Federal standard, but always officered and ordinarily controlled by those appointed in the States except in times of common danger; was the reason the Constitutional Fathers were able to limit appropriations for a standing army to two years (Constitution, Article I, Section 8).

The Fathers saw a large standing army as a threat to liberty. A review of the treatises on the subject in the Federalist (the essays written to explain the proposed Constitution, and to obtain its ratification), by Alexander Hamilton (No. 29) and by James Madison (No. 46), will readily demonstrate that the cited linkage was never intended as limitation on individual freedom; rather as a safeguard against an overbearing Federal authority; one of our most vital "checks and balances"; a source, if need be, to overthrow usurpers.

The definition of State Militia, under our system, was always the able bodied manhood of a State. Jefferson explained the setup in his Notes On The State Of Virginia in 1782. (Note the tone of lament that the Militia were not better armed.) From Query IX:

Every able-bodied freeman, between the ages of 16 and 50, is enrolled in the militia... The law requires every militia man to provide himself with the arms usual in the regular service. But this injunction was always indifferently complied with, and the arms they had have been so frequently called for to arm the regulars, that in the lower parts of the country they are entirely disarmed. In the middle country a fourth or fifth part of them may have such firelocks as they had provided to destroy the noxious animals which infest their farms; and on the western side of the Blue Ridge they are generally armed with rifles.

What the Constitutional plan envisioned for the regulation of the militia, as it pertained to Federal, State and individual volition in the direction of arms, may be inferred from some of Hamilton's comments in the aforementioned Federalist Paper No. 29:

Little more can reasonably be aimed at, with respect to the people at large, [the unregulated, undisciplined and basically inactive part of the militia] than to have them properly armed and equipped...

But though the scheme of disciplining the whole nation must be abandoned...; it is a matter of the utmost importance that a well-digested plan should ... be adopted for the proper establishment of the militia. ...it will be possible to have an excellent body of well-trained militia, ready to take the field whenever the defence of the State shall require it. This will not only lessen the call for military establishments; but if circumstances should ...oblige the Government to form an army of any magnitude, that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people, while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears ...the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army; and the best possible security against it if it should exist.

Madison (Paper No. 46) put the same concepts and concerns slightly differently:

Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the Federal Government; still it would not be going too far to say, that the State Governments with the people on their side, would be able to repel the danger. ....To these [the regular army] would be opposed a militia... of citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by Governments possessing their affections and confidence. ...Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate Governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple Government of any form can admit of.

Clearly Madison saw private arms as the security of a free State--and a free citizenry--against the potential of Federal tyranny. Where would stand that security, if the Federal Administration contemplating an unauthorized extension of Federal power, were to be permitted to define the circumstances under which a citizen might arm himself?

As a final witness that the Fathers' linkage of regulation of the militia with an acknowledgment of the people's right to keep and bear arms, was never intended as a limitation on the latter but rather as a prodding for the former, we cite George Washington. Throughout his Presidency, Washington repeatedly called for improvement and standardization of the training of the more active militia members in order to meet the security needs of the United States. A few years earlier, at the conclusion of the War, General Washington had put his thoughts on the Common Defence into a May 2, 1783 draft to Alexander Hamilton, entitled Sentiments On A Peace Establishment:

...to prove ...the Policy and expediency of resting the protection of the Country on a respectable and well established Militia, we might not only shew the propriety ...from our peculiar local situation, but we might have recourse to the Histories of Greece and Rome in their most virtuous and Patriotic ages.... we might see, with admiration, the Freedom and Independence of Switzerland supported for Centuries, in the midst of powerful and jealous neighbors, by means of a hardy and well organized Militia. ...

It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even of his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice...

The following month, June 8, 1783, Washington reported to the States, in surrendering the solemn trust of his command:

The Militia of this Country must be considered as the Palladium of our security, and the first effectual resort in case of hostility...

Washington's reference to the Swiss was quite revealing. Trained, as school boys, in the safe, correct and deadly accurate use of arms, the Swiss had and have managed to maintain an armed neutrality for generations amidst their more warlike, but less war efficient neighbors. While world travelers have reported for generations that Switzerland, where every household has its own military grade weapons, has the lowest crime rate in Europe. The Swiss have also managed to preserve the diverse rights of their 22 Cantons (or States) better than any other Federation in the world.

Yet perhaps the single most important reason why Washington wanted America to adopt the Swiss system, is that it teaches the youth--in the most immediate and compelling manner--the importance of that level of personal responsibility on which all of our other institutions are based. It gives youth a sense of purpose, importance and self-worth, for which all the words expended by "Liberal" theorists, from the Creation to this day, are no substitute.

Source
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 11:56 pm
Quote:
The Fathers saw a large standing army as a threat to liberty.

{hand over heart, hat in hand} Yup, we foller them foundin' fathers' wisdom!

http://salt.claretianpubs.org/stats/2003/02/sh0302b.html
The United States leads the globe in expenditures and exports, accounting for 33 percent of total world expenditure in 1999 and 69 percent of all export agreements 1997-1999. These pre-9/11 figures do not take into account the recent surge in U.S. military spending. The 2004 total defense budget is $380 billion.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 12:14 am
Here's what the father of our country himself had to say:

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."

--George Washington
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 12:19 am
goodfielder wrote:
I'm always intrigued when I read these historical statements surrounding the Second Amendment. I mean, aren't they really rooted in history?

In the context of a new and developing nation they make perfect sense.

In the context of a progressive, industrialised nation with very effective domestic law enforcement and a powerful military the idea of being able to keep arms for defence from government (or presumably foreign invasion) seems redundant.

How would the army or police protect the people against a dictatorship???
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 12:28 am
Brandon9000 wrote:

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."

--George Washington

Total defense spending, $380 billion. "sufficient arms and ammunition" Laughing Good luck, Brandon.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 12:31 am
JTT wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

--George Washington

Total defense spending, $380 billion. "sufficient arms and ammunition" Laughing Good luck, Brandon.

Some generations are faced with difficult problems. The fact that they are difficult doesn't mean that they can be ignored.

But, anyway, we are discussing private citizens arming themselves. What does that have to do with defense spending???
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 12:32 am
JTT wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

--George Washington

Yeap, seems, he has to increase his private spendings for arms a bit Laughing
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 12:33 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
JTT wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

--George Washington

Yeap, seems, he has to increase his private spendings for arms a bit Laughing

Tell me please what defense spending has to do with the issue of private citizens arming themselves?
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 12:39 am
JTT wrote:

Given the choice between following our founding fathers and a gang of pea brained liberal quacks, you can bet your last nickle I choose the former. See, these "founding fathers" declared, fought, and won a war for their independence and then proceeded to form the foundation for one of the most successful countries in the history of man. Those seem adequate qualifications to me. All the anti-gun crowd has is an opinion that would at least limit, but probably destroy my right to own a firearm.

Quote:
http://salt.claretianpubs.org/stats/2003/02/sh0302b.html
The United States leads the globe in expenditures and exports, accounting for 33 percent of total world expenditure in 1999 and 69 percent of all export agreements 1997-1999. These pre-9/11 figures do not take into account the recent surge in U.S. military spending. The 2004 total defense budget is $380 billion.

So what? That doesnt change anything. In fact, thats more reason to uphold the right to own firearms.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 12:50 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
goodfielder wrote:
I'm always intrigued when I read these historical statements surrounding the Second Amendment. I mean, aren't they really rooted in history?

In the context of a progressive, industrialised nation with very effective domestic law enforcement and a powerful military the idea of being able to keep arms for defence from government (or presumably foreign invasion) seems redundant.

Depends. Given that policing in the US is intensely localised I would think that loyalty to the local community would be very important to the police so my impression is that the central government wouldn't be able to use them.

The military, well the military is compliant to the central government and I doubt if they'd defy a government intent on dictatorship. But I hope I'm wrong.

Of course the Supreme Court would stop a dictatorship too, again I hope I'm right.

But if a dictatorship were to occur and the military was compliant and the Supreme Court was also compliant (due to a policy of preparation for dictatorship by installing politically partisan justices over a period) I would think that any popular uprising by the people would be put down very harshly - whether or not the people were armed, superior force and tactics would prevail.

Just a few thoughts.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 12:57 am
goodfielder wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
goodfielder wrote:

Depends. Given that policing in the US is intensely localised I would think that loyalty to the local community would be very important to the police so my impression is that the central government wouldn't be able to use them.

The military, well the military is compliant to the central government and I doubt if they'd defy a government intent on dictatorship. But I hope I'm wrong.

Of course the Supreme Court would stop a dictatorship too, again I hope I'm right.

But if a dictatorship were to occur and the military was compliant and the Supreme Court was also compliant (due to a policy of preparation for dictatorship by installing politically partisan justices over a period) I would think that any popular uprising by the people would be put down very harshly - whether or not the people were armed, superior force and tactics would prevail.

Just a few thoughts.

Maybe, maybe not, but I think it would give any would be dictator pause to reflect if he knew that there were millions of guns out there. Funny how the people seem to be complying, but the soldiers keep turning up dead in alleys.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 01:02 am
Instigate wrote:
JTT wrote:

Given the choice between following our founding fathers and a gang of pea brained liberal quacks, you can bet your last nickle I choose the former.

SHOCK OF SHOCKS!

See, these "founding fathers" declared, fought, and won a war for their independence and then proceeded to form the foundation for one of the most successful countries in the history of man.

I think that the correct term for them, in the eyes of the British, who were the "rightful" owners of the land, would have been terrorists and most would have ended their careers at the end of a rope. But this shows you the power a native insurgency can have. Can you say "Vietnam"? Can you say "Iraq"?

The operative word is "one". You mistakenly think that the USA is tops because you are constantly fed this tripe by politicians who end everything they say with a benediction exhorting America's greatness.

Any sane adult would tell a parent that this doesn't benefit a child. How have y'all missed it for so long?

And to boot, you've missed the whole point. That founding father said that a big powerful standing army was a no no. Better stock up on them there peas; they're cheaper by the bushel!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 01:52 am
Brandon9000 wrote:

Tell me please what defense spending has to do with the issue of private citizens arming themselves?

I was only using your very own quotation of what George Washington said:
Brandon9000 wrote:

--George Washington
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 04:22 am
Quote:

SHOCK OF SHOCKS!

Very Happy

Quote:
I think that the correct term for them, in the eyes of the British, who were the "rightful" owners of the land, would have been terrorists and most would have ended their careers at the end of a rope. But this shows you the power a native insurgency can have. Can you say "Vietnam"? Can you say "Iraq"?

I can say "Vietnam", I can say "Iraq" too, and I can even pronounce "British" But I can also say "Irrelevant to the discussion at hand" You can interject supposed British views all you want, but they dont mean squat to me.

Quote:
The operative word is "one". You mistakenly think that the USA is tops because you are constantly fed this tripe by politicians who end everything they say with a benediction exhorting America's greatness.

The operative word is "one" We agree. Can you name one other nation that rivals the U.S. on an economic or military level? I'm not "fed" anything. Its obvious.

We probably have dissimilar concepts of "greatness"

Quote:
Any sane adult would tell a parent that this doesn't benefit a child. How have y'all missed it for so long?

Huh?

Quote:
And to boot, you've missed the whole point. That founding father said that a big powerful standing army was a no no.

I havent missed anything. Where did they say it was a "no no"? They said it was a potential threat to liberty, but they also realized the necessity of a standing army which is precisely why they advocated the formation of State Militias State militias to act as a check to a Federal Army.

Quote:

Better stock up on them there peas; they're cheaper by the bushel

I likes peas. Theys good eatin.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 05:39 am
Instigate wrote:
Quote:
I havent missed anything. Where did they say it was a "no no"? They said it was a potential threat to liberty, but they also realized the necessity of a standing army which is precisely why they advocated the formation of State Militias State militias to act as a check to a Federal Army.

You got it. The Second Amendment was written to prevent the FEDERAL government from interfering with the formation of well-regulated State Militias. Jefferson, Hamilton, Madison et al were concerned that Virginia be able to maintain it's freedoms against the new Federal Government. (Washington still had to send Federal troops into Pennsylvania to quash the Whiskey Rebellion**, how come no one bleated "From my cold, dead hand." then.?? It's a good thing the Governor of Pennsylvania acquiesced to the power of the Federales led by Gen. Harry Lee or we would be writing to each other from Thirteen Separate States.)

Still, there is no protection written in the Second Amendment for Uncle Joe to have sixteen automatic rifles and 6000 rounds of ammo tucked away in his garage for HIS OWN DEFENSE. On it's face, it protects the right of a FREE STATE to maintain it's own security, but that's all. It says, the States need militias to maintain security so, hey there Federals, you can't restrict the States' right to allow their citizens to bear arms. It a restriction on the Feds, but not a defining individual right to bear arms.

Joe(Why do you want to look in my garage?)Nation

**(for the Aussies, Brits and Walter, I'm sure all the Americans know this history well. yeah.) Whiskey Rebellion
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:22 am
Joe Nation wrote:
A well regulated militia implys many and several things:

That the right to bear arms depends upon the necessity of that well-regulated militia. I will leave it to you to decide what well-regulated might mean, actual membership in a organized armed group which stands ready to provide security for the free state comes to my mind.

Those same Founding Fathers left quite a bit of documentation on their deliberations and thoughts on the issue so it's fairly easy to discern what their intention was. Federal law also supplements the Constitution and it also adds information. Those Federal laws break the militia into 2 components - the 1st being the "Organized Militia" which is outlined as the National Guard. The 2nd is the "Unorganized Militia" which is everyone who isn't a memebr of the National Guard. Since the law provides for an "Unorganized Militia" it sort of argues against your concept of an organized armed group.

Quote:
Good to hear from you, fishin. I don't think this is a new twist.

Well, I'll admit that it's a new twist to me. I've never seen anyone place an "if this is still true" context as a conditional behavior on any portion of the Constitution before. Wink

Quote:
I think there was a SCOTUS ruling back in the 30's based on this thinking. (The decision concerned the ownership of saw-offed shotguns, who could possess them (no one) and what State regulation was Constitutional. (Any State can regulate the ownership of weapons. Wyatt Earp could prevent the carrying of weapons in Dodge City. The Federal Government can regulate the interstate transfer of said ownership. I'll look it up)

The ruling was Miller and the case was a Federal one. In light of the use of sawed-off shotguns during the Vietnam war, if the case were reviewed it just might have to be overturned. In Miller the court ruled that a sawed-off shotgun had no place as a militia weapon but since they WERE used in Vietnam they'd have a hard time upholding that justification today with a straight face. But, IMO, that's neither here nor there and it's a minor issue.

Quote:
Meanwhile
Fishin wrote:
Quote:
Based on you logic here one could interpret the entire Consitution as being meaningless if they decide that they no longer want a "more perfect union".

Quote:
Our Republic rests on a living document, any citizen may propose to change the very foundation of it's life politic. I am not even proposing that, I am saying that the Second Amendment ought to be read as it is.

Agreed. That's why I commented on your "if" earlier. Since there is no "if" qualification there reading it into the statement can lead one to false conclusions. "If' the condition no longer applies then it is up to the legislature to propose an amendment for ratifiaction that either repeals or changes the 2nd Amendment. There is no Constitutional provision for reinterpreting the words as a conditional statement.

Quote:
The right of the people to bear arms rests upon the need of a regulated militia to maintain security for the Free State and is not an individual right but a easement to the maintenance of the Free State's security.

The body of Constitutional history research leads in the other direction. From the records of the dicsussions on the debates when the Amendment was drafted and ratified and the research by people like the Hon. Joseph Story it is fairly clear that the Amendment was intended as an individual right.

I don't go as far as some and claim that it is an unlimited right that protects one's right to own any weapon they want but the only way to turn it into a collective right as a whole is to ignore a whole host of historical documentation on the matter.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 04:47 pm
Quote:
The body of Constitutional history research leads in the other direction. From the records of the dicsussions on the debates when the Amendment was drafted and ratified and the research by people like the Hon. Joseph Story it is fairly clear that the Amendment was intended as an individual right.

True, all true. It was what they thought and it might have been what they intended, but it's not what they wrote in the US Constitution. What they wrote clearly qualifies that pre-existing right to bear arms to be a function of the Free State and not a wholly individual right as pertains the citizens of the USA. That's why States can and do license gun owners, require carry permits or dis-allow the practice altogether, require gun shops to maintain records of sales and prosecute the ones who don't (See the recent Sniper cases). Remember Uncle Joe's sixteen semi-automatic and 6000 rounds of ammo. Do you live in a State where it's legal to have such a cache?

Quote:
I don't go as far as some and claim that it is an unlimited right that protects one's right to own any weapon they want ....

Good. and by the way, I always appreciate your well-informed and even toned responses, fishin. You're a credit to A2K.

The unlimited right to bear arms is another one of those myths that seems to be foisted upon the ignorant, the same ones who thought they had the right to refuse service to someone based on race or fall for that "the Federal Government can't tax wages" dodge year after year.

Let's all get our guns and walk down Main Street and see how far we get convincing Officer Murray that we have the right to bear arms.

Now, we still don't have enough control over the transfer of weapons in this country. You can't sell a truck without a registration, but I can buy your over/under shotgun off it's gunrack without a trace. That's not freedom, that's crazy behavior in this life.

I know. American just want to be left alone. But we keep shooting ourselves and each other at a rate which is approaching the number of auto fatalities. 30,000 gun deaths to about 40,000 auto deaths, but a helluva lot more people come in contact with cars then with guns. So, I asked this before, why do so many people end up dead from guns in America?

Joe(The First Amendment, exercised here, is far more important the SA)Nation
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 05:35 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
True, all true. It was what they thought and it might have been what they intended, but it's not what they wrote in the US Constitution. What they wrote clearly qualifies that pre-existing right to bear arms to be a function of the Free State and not a wholly individual right as pertains the citizens of the USA.

Well, that's a point we'll have to agree to disagree on. Freedom of Speech, the right to vote, etc.. are universially considered indovidual rights yet you have to have a business licence to run a newspaper or magazine and one must register to vote too.

Quote:
That's why States can and do license gun owners, require carry permits or dis-allow the practice altogether, require gun shops to maintain records of sales and prosecute the ones who don't (See the recent Sniper cases).

I'm unaware of any state requirements to maintain copies of sales documents. The only laws I know of are set at the Federal level and are under the direction of the BATF. Those are prosecuted at the Federal level. Concealed carry laws are a different beast. A right to own doesn't automatically imply a right to carry concealed.

Quote:
Remember Uncle Joe's sixteen semi-automatic and 6000 rounds of ammo. Do you live in a State where it's legal to have such a cache?

Yes. MA has no restrictions on the number of firearms one can own or the amount of ammo. We do have a lot of others laws (some of which seem to be counter-productive) though.

Quote:

The unlimited right to bear arms is another one of those myths that seems to be foisted upon the ignorant, the same ones who thought they had the right to refuse service to someone based on race or fall for that "the Federal Government can't tax wages" dodge year after year.

It isn't much different than a lot of other issues (like abortion for example) where people tend to see things as 100% one way or the other.

Quote:
Now, we still don't have enough control over the transfer of weapons in this country. You can't sell a truck without a registration, but I can buy your over/under shotgun off it's gunrack without a trace. That's not freedom, that's crazy behavior in this life.

That's because we have people on polar opposite ends of the issue pushing their own agendas. MA, for example, requires registration of firearms. I have to register any firearm I buy with the state police. The way the law is worded though, it has great big hole in it. MA Residents who buy a firearm in state have to register to the POS. MA Residents who purchase out of state have 48 hours to register. But if you were a resident of another state, bought firearms and then move to MA and become a resident it is impossible to register them.

Quote:
30,000 gun deaths to about 40,000 auto deaths, but a helluva lot more people come in contact with cars then with guns. So, I asked this before, why do so many people end up dead from guns in America?

And it's a fair question. A gun-related death is almost always an intentional act where only a small percentage of auto-related deaths are intentional. Get people to stop wanting to commit suicide and the number of gun deaths would drop by over 55% but automobile deaths would only drop by a percentage point or two.

Is the answer to the problem to eliminate the problem or to patch it over with feel good legislation that attacks a means and impacts a lot of other people uninvolved with the problem at the same time? To put it another way - if your house fills with smoke and the smoke detector goes off do you pull the battery out of the smoke detector or do you put the fire out?
0 Replies