London meeting 2005: part 2, Bad Waldliesborn

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 01:49 pm
Diane wrote:

Walter, this has brought back some fond memories. We'll be waiting for you and Ulla to come to New Mexico and stay with us.

What is the speed limit in NM again? Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 01:52 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Ack, stop with the Augsburg talk. Setanta's gonna get the 'go to Germany' idea back in his head Shocked

Well, then go ahead and make travel arrangements for the two of you Wink

----

urs, I love that purse, however, I have to warn you, my daughter
would want to buy it from you. Wink
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 01:57 pm
CalamityJane wrote:

urs, I love that purse, however, I have to warn you, my daughter
would want to buy it from you. Wink

[So, urs now knows her present for your daughter.

Mmmh, I think, I'll buy her some 'Augsburger with sauerkraut'.]
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 02:00 pm
Haha Walter, she's not too keen on Sauerkraut.
All you need to do is lend her your ear, and she will talk
you to the ground.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 03:19 pm
I've just discovered this thread. I'm so glad to see some pix of people I actually know but haven't ever seen. And I also really loved those of your balcony, Walter. It's lovely and the flowers are very nice. We've wanted to get an awning like your's but it's too expensive for a rented apartment.

The only photo in which I can see you, Walter very well is in the photo in the photo on your table. And it's not clear because it's a photo of a photo. Are you hiding from us, Walter?

And McTag, so nice to get a look at you. I agree with Diane, a really nice confidence inspiring face.

urs, you are lovely. So nice to see you.

But the photo I like best so far is the one of Diane's dinner. Yummy, that looks good. I love sauerkraut. I'm on my way now to the store around the corner to get some sauerkraut and bratwurst. Yummy. And I'll smear on lots of mustard and enjoy. Can't wait.

P.S. the speed limit in New Mexico is somewhat under 130 mph. I don't like to go that fast. I'm too worried about dying.

Looks like you guys had a good time. Hopefully next time, we can join you too.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 02:53 am
Lola, we did have a great time. I love meeting A2Kers - and their spouses like wonderful Ulla. And there are so many more to meet!

CJ, when I bought that purse, BigDice was just shaking this head. I usually have black purses but I needed a little lift on that day. It worked! :-)
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 03:41 am
Diane wrote:
A memory just popped up about Ulla. She said that she had worried at first about meeting a2kers; not really knowing them or what they might actually be like in person. Then she said that the first a2ker she met was McTag. That, to me, was perfect--just look at McTag's cute baby face and you couldn't possibly be anxious about meeting this stranger.

Walter, this has brought back some fond memories. We'll be waiting for you and Ulla to come to New Mexico and stay with us.

I don't want to be cute and baby-faced, I want to be craggy and interesting. I think I'm being misrepresented here. :wink:
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 03:50 am
Well you sure scared the hell out of me when we first met McTag...if that makes you feel better
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 03:56 am
Yes it does, thank you Steve.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 04:07 am
Smile
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:39 am
Surely you didn't mean to imply that a trip to Germany would be a bad thing, ehBeth?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 08:35 am
errrr, yes.
well, actually, didn't mean to imply Cool
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 08:49 am
I was sitting in the front passenger seat when Walter drove, and I saw him going at the very minimum 200kph. woooosh! The scenery was a blurr....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 08:58 am
My sweetiepie was traumatized in her girlhood by being obliged to join mere children when she could have been with the ladies--she has resented Germany ever since.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 12:13 pm
As I said elsewhere - for the worst of all reasons. Other children, indeed!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 12:14 pm
That isn't actually the reason - but the end result is the same.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 12:20 pm
Er, what I meant was being put with children just because of one's age - not a good reason.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 05:50 pm
Walter,
I have been following your thread with interest. I appreciate your photos - you are a great photographer.

Thanks for the wonderful pix.

And, the 200 kph ride!!! Love it. The most I have done on your highways is 172 kph. It was a unique ride - since it was through S. Munchen......... Kidding of course. It was somewhere else in an Audi 9000. If I had driven a German auto - I could easily have been faster.

Thanks again for your thread. Very enjoyable.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 05:54 pm
I loved that 200kph ride too! It reminded me of the time I rode in one of those MBZ with the flap doors back in the late fifties, when this guy in my squadron offered to take me for a ride (in New Mexico) - and we zipped at 140mph. Wink Memories of youth is wonderful; but being able to live it today at 200kph is magnificent!
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 07:42 pm
My goodness c.i.,

140 mph is actually 218+ kph !!!

You are one fast dude. grin
0 Replies