London meeting 2005: part 2, Bad Waldliesborn

Diane

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 11:01 am
Walter, you are the ultimate tour guide. Your knowledge of history and love of the area shine through in every word.

It was especially interesting to know a little of your family's history of nobility in the Lippstadt area. You and Ulla are certainly noble in your graciousness and generous gift of time and friendship.

One other thing, if you weren't such an exellent driver, I might have gone into cardiac arrest on the Autobahn, driving 130 miles an hour, but you just keep driving and passing with aplomb. Amazing!

Thanks again to you and to Ulla-la for you hospitality. Smooches to you both.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 11:06 am
Just come in with the missus (fascinating) from Garstang, Lancashire.

Lovely sunny weather here today....just not like Muenster.

Walter, I have had so many extra calories recently....but thanks for the trip, which was great.

Domestic note, the missus and I are clearing our family room this evening because a carpet fitter (plus carpet, I hope) is coming tomorrow morning.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 11:15 am
Thank YOU, Diane - and I'm glad, you didn't mean me http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/schuechtern/couch.gif

:wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 11:18 am
McTag wrote:

Domestic note, the missus and I are clearing our family room this evening because a carpet fitter (plus carpet, I hope) is coming tomorrow morning.

Good things come to those who wait. :wink:
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 12:37 pm
What you mean, wait? When we lifted the carpet, and the underlay, there was newspaper underneath dated, coincidentally, 18. May 1984.

That means she gets a new carpet every 21 years! Almost on the anniversary! What wife could ask for more?

(Actually the stair carpet, which is not due yet, is to replace a carpet which was even older, they haven't finished the carbon-dating yet though.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 12:43 pm
You are so right, McTag :wink: (And the stair carpet really isn't due yet Laughing )
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 01:34 pm
Rome wasn't built in a day, you know.

Rom ist gar nicht in einem Tag gebaut werden, keineswegs.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 01:45 pm
Heck, let's face it; the Germans know how to make things efficient to the n'th degree; the lew and brewery all in one place. And I didn't get lost. That means alot to this old man.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 01:47 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 02:20 pm
And no one got lost! Salude!

From what I have heard, and witnessed here and there, you are a terrific host and tour guide, Walter. Many thanks.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 07:56 pm
<bookmarking>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:29 pm
Great pix, Walter - did I see one of Dys wearing tennis shoes!?!?
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 11:34 am
Yes, littlek, tennis shoes! I was amazed!!!!!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 11:39 am
Pete Sampras look out.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 11:45 am
I'm still marvelling at all of the bright blue wardrobe bits at the initial meeting. Blue shirt, blue purses, turquoise necklace, blue jeans. Didja all call ahead?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 11:49 am
ehBeth wrote:
I'm still marvelling at all of the bright blue wardrobe bits at the initial meeting. Blue shirt, blue purses, turquoise necklace, blue jeans. Didja all call ahead?

We all just know the actual haute couture.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 11:57 am
Mr. Green Blue is always in style.

In Augsburg it's gotta be red though Wink
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 11:59 am
Can I still bring my blue plastic comic purse???
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 01:46 pm
A memory just popped up about Ulla. She said that she had worried at first about meeting a2kers; not really knowing them or what they might actually be like in person. Then she said that the first a2ker she met was McTag. That, to me, was perfect--just look at McTag's cute baby face and you couldn't possibly be anxious about meeting this stranger.

Walter, this has brought back some fond memories. We'll be waiting for you and Ulla to come to New Mexico and stay with us.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 01:48 pm
Ack, stop with the Augsburg talk. Setanta's gonna get the 'go to Germany' idea back in his head Shocked
0 Replies