Gay Rights and Fertility Clinics: "Born Gay"

aidan

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 04:12 pm
Chrissie - I can think of many traits that I would find more objectionable than homosexuality. I think you hit it on the head when you said the problem with this thinking is that this trait would seem to trump all of the others as an undesireable. Let those who would try to avoid homosexuality in their children avoid it if they want to try to (as if they really can) , they may find themselves dealing with schizophrenia, or colin cancer or diabetes or any other number of things.

I agree with Noddy. It's a crapshoot - and you just got to be willing to play the dice. Unfortunately, some adoptive parents, like biological parents are looking for perfection. They just aint gonna get it. I just hope they realize that their kids aren't getting it either (in those parents who demand their children to be whatever they want or think they should be).

I also agree with your continuum of sexuality theory (to a degree). I've had lesbian dreams - but never an actual lesbian experience. Haven't been tempted while awake - but will say I have dreamed about it. This has made me wonder about myself. But I do think that some people (men especially) are 100% straight. They wouldn't even allow themselves to dream otherwise :wink:
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 04:36 pm
Quote:
I also agree with your continuum of sexuality theory (to a degree). I've had lesbian dreams - but never an actual lesbian experience.

Aiden, I wish I could pm you about this. I can't really establish my credibility about sexual matters without revealing some personal things about myself.

As far as anyone, especially men, being 100% straight, I just don't buy it. There may be exceptions and I know there are plenty of men that are 99.99% straight. And, of course, there are many people who are asexual.

I am kind of asexual myself. I am much more drawn to intimacy with women than what most people would define as sex. This is kind of difficult to talk about or to understand unless you know me and my background.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 04:45 pm
I don't know when I get to PM people - how many posts does it take? But yeah, I think there are a lot of things that are on a continuum - sexuality, gender, mental stability and instability, etc. I could go on and on. I think it would be pretty boring if everything was "either" "or". I get what you're saying.

I know it's also hard to hear that people might not want to adopt children who are like you (not you personally - but people like me for example). My maternal grandmother was schizophrenic and it suddenly occurred to me that I wouldn't look like a very good genetic gamble to a lot of people. I also realized that people might think I shouldn't pass my genes on and have kids. That's bull. For all of these "pathologies" that take place in families with histories, there are as many that take place in families with no histories.

I'd rather my son or daughter be good, kind and gay than straight and an ***hole. I'd also rather they be gay than sick with a chronic, debilitating or terminal illness. Who wouldn't? Only a very selfish parent.
0 Replies