Cyclo, did you put the wind up Coulter yesterday?

dlowan

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 02:37 am
Which fallacy, dear?

You support McCarthyism? Why?
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 03:47 am
Poor old Joe - he really was a victim of forces he unleashed but didn't understand.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 11:13 am
Baldimo wrote:
Ahh the phalicy(sp) of McCarthyism. When are you gouys going to get it right?

what part of the historical mccarthy story do you consider to be a fallacy?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 11:26 am
Personally, I think "phalicy" is rather accurate. Tee hee.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 11:32 am
FreeDuck wrote:

shame on you ducks, there could be children reading this thread !!

:wink:
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 11:42 am
<makes hand jesture at crotch>
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 11:58 am
FreeDuck wrote:
<makes hand jesture at crotch>

QUICK ! somebody call the police !!! there's a liberal shredding the fabric of american democracy, freedom and faith via vulgarity and crass hand gestures !!!! interupting the freedom of speech !!!!

what, oh what, about the ten year olds in the audience ?!?!?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 12:01 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 05:03 pm
And a busload of nuns just rocked up! Very Happy
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 05:34 pm
i guess that means the marilyn manson concert is cancelled too... Confused
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 07:51 pm
FreeDuck wrote:

Ha ha ha, I was thinking the exact thought when I first read this early this am. They didn't call him Big Joe for nothing! Laughing
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:01 pm
Chrissee wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:

Ha ha ha, I was thinking the exact thought when I first read this early this am. They didn't call him Big Joe for nothing! Laughing

OOPS, now I realize they were talking about Annie not Joe. Word on the streets is that she took care of that long ago. Either that or she tucks.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:36 pm
http://www.photodump.com/direct/acanuck/coulterFOX.jpg
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 01:25 am
you mean it's really arnie coulter ????
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 02:36 am
If she wasn't so smug - I might have a problem with it - but I gotta say I love that he was able to finally shut her up... even for just a second. More power to him - does he need donations for a defense fund?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 04:06 am
I want to know something from all of you defending this jerk.
Does he also have the right to physically attack her because he disagrees with her?

Several prominent conservatives have been physically assaulted while making speeches or participating in public discussions lately.
Are you all saying that its ok to do that?
After all,the people that do that are just expressing their disagreement with the speaker,right?

You claim to be the party of inclusion,the party of tolerance.I guess that means you include people you agree with,you tolerate views you like.

I am a conservative,and I dont agree with a lot of what Ann Coulter says either.BUT,that does NOT give me the right to infringe on other peoples right to listen to her,if they choose to.
You on the left are saying that if I disagree with a speaker,I have the right to disrupt their speech,to infringe on others right to listen,to physically assault them,and to basically whatever I want to make my point,irregardless of others that are present,or of good nanners.

Even if this guy is not a democrat or a liberal,by defending his actions ,and the actions of those that use violence to protest a speaker,you are tarring yourself with the same brush.
I would think an intelligent person would not defend this persons actions,but instead would defend the right of Ann Coulter to speak,even if you dont like the message.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 04:42 am
No he doesn't have the right to physically assault her.

But if she was too clueless to verbally give him one then tough for her.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 04:59 am
Pardon me Mr Generalizer!!!

I, just for one, did not support his actions.

Try reading before speaking.

That being said, I do think, though, that a person who communicates in the disgusting and hateful manner that this woman does ought to expect pretty hateful heckling wherever she goes. Her drivel is outrageously vicious.

I would give a speaker the same respect that they give others. A conservative speaker who communicates reasonably sederves a reasonable hearing. She reaps what she sows.

But - as I said, one can show one's disgust for her methods and message without stooping so low.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 05:06 am
I dunno - a bit of a low stoop now and again is good - stuff being noble all the time Very Happy
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 06:18 am
Mysteryman - I was joking - kind of. I know it's immature and kind of mean spirited - and I would never do it myself - but then again I would never be as strident and partisan and judgemental as Ann Coulter is either. But she just presents as always being so in control and above it all - it just kind of hit that place in me that feels satisfaction when people like that are just struck dumb for a moment.

And yeah, if you're going to do something so "sophomoric"- which is exactly what this guy is - a college sophomore- he's at the time in his life when it could be construed as a lapse in youthful judgement - by those who aren't strident and partisan and judgemental. I can't believe he got arrested for this though.
0 Replies