Cyclo, did you put the wind up Coulter yesterday?

McGentrix

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 12:35 pm
Simple solution:

If you don't like what Anne Coulter has to say, don't listen.

But, depriving others their right to listen is hardly a defensible action. Using abusive and offensive language in a public setting is also deplorable and unacceptable.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 12:38 pm
Coulter uses abusive and offensive language all the time; she doesn't curse, is all. You don't see her getting dragged off. Stupid xian morality is all it is.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 12:43 pm
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0504051_ann_coulter_1.html

You never tell the complete story.

You will notice from the above link that there were 2 warning given to the audience to stop verbal outbursts and disrupting the event.

Then this clown, knowing there were children in the audience, make his question that YOU CAN NOT EVEN TYPE ON THIS THREAD due to it's disgusting content, and you support his "right of free speech"?

I guess you also think it is OK to yell FIRE in a movie theater.

There is no way a rational person can support the action of this knucklehead.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 12:44 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Coulter uses abusive and offensive language all the time; she doesn't curse, is all. You don't see her getting dragged off. Stupid xian morality is all it is.

Cycloptichorn

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 12:48 pm
The content of what he said is no more disguting that what Coulter says EVERY DAY. He just used foul language to do so. Unfortunately, we have laws against FOUL language, but not against hate speech such as coulter's.

Yelling FIRE in a movie theater threatens lives, this does not. Bad analogy.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 12:53 pm
Cyc., freedom of speech is not limited to only the people that you agree with. Anne has as much a right to speak in a semi-public forum as Al Franken or some other commie-pinko-liberal. If you want freedom, it must apply equally to everyone.

Idiots like the guy mentioned in this thread do nothing to further the cause of liberals. If anything, it does nothing more than make people more irate at the left and bring them over to the right. Publicity.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 12:56 pm
His purpose wasn't to 'further the cause of liberals.'

I don't think Ann should be barred from what she has to say (though I wish my University would have chosen a more distinguished speaker) and I don't think this guy should have been arrested either.

I believe he has a real point when he says 'protestors nowdays are like hood ornaments on the Republican car.' If the purpose of protest is to get your point across, why be polite about it? Noone listens to polite people. Don't believe me? Look how popular Coulter is!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 12:56 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
The content of what he said is no more disguting that what Coulter says EVERY DAY. He just used foul language to do so. Unfortunately, we have laws against FOUL language, but not against hate speech such as coulter's.

Yelling FIRE in a movie theater threatens lives, this does not. Bad analogy.

Cycloptichorn

You called it free speech. The point is "free speech" only goes so far.

NO ONE is permitted to disrupt an event such as Coulters. Especially after being warned TWICE. That is why he was arrested and hopefully convicted in court.

I would feel the same way if some "right wing nut" disrupted a public event.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 12:59 pm
He wasn't arrested for disrupting the event, he was arrested for cursing. He wasn't arrested until he said what he said, and noone else was arrested; therefore it is clear that his words were the reason of his arrest.

I don't believe that 'free speech' only goes so far. Our constitution certainly doesn't say that.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 01:03 pm
Yes he was...READ THE COMPLAINT!!!

It was his "question" and the "act" he committed afterwards.
0 Replies

dora17

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 04:10 pm
Cyclo, you're absolutely right about how offensive the horrid cow Coulter is all the time, just w/o swearing. Talking about her experiences on college campuses in a recent appearance on Hannity and Colmes, she flat-out said that she got nothing but idiotic questions from liberals. The few questions worthy of her were from conservatives, and these conservatives were, according to the Evil One, so obviously superior in intellect to the liberals, she knew any of them could out-debate any liberal. Isn't saying that every single liberal who spoke came across as mentally deficient pretty offensive?

Besides that, what I truly despise about that woman is the way she has of never responding sensibly to direct questions; when she is on talk shows w/ anyone who tries to get a real response from her to a direct question, what she does is make a smartass remark for a laugh at the questioner's expense, and then she leans back in her chair smirking, without ever actually addressing the issue. No one calls her on it because she just makes another quip to redirect people's attention. It's like a magician's sleight-of-hand. And all of that to me is extremely offensive, and a very good reason why there is no sense in trying to debate with her. As Raj wrote, there is no more point to trying to ask her a well-reasoned and carefully elaborated question than to just go ahead and offend her. You won't get a response from her anyway.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 05:03 pm
McGentrix wrote:
So much for the liberal belief in free speech. This butt-munch took it upon himself to be nothing more than a typical representive of the neo-liberal ass clown that has permeated the left. I fail to see why you guys would defend this jerk.

Hmm - just like Coulter. A typical representative of the rabid neo-con ass clown that has permeated the right. I fail to see why you guys would defend this jerk.

That being said, I dislike the sexualised nature of his protest - though there IS a perfect synchrony - public masturbation to public masturbation.However - both give the harmless pleasure of masturbation a bad name.

There is so much one can critique Coulter on, I find the concentration on her appearance and gender extraordinarily distasteful. We do not have to follow the loony right in their revolting habit of attacking opponents, especially women, on perceived faults in appearance and im making disgusting sexualised attacks. (See the kind of disgusting crap SOME right folk make on Hillary Clinton and Helen Thomas, just as an example. Yeccchhh. It is interesting that Condi seems to be attracting some similarly disgusting attacks from some in the left. It is all sexist crap, in my view. With some especially unpleasant folk also attacking Condi for her race.)

Is the right, by the way, waking up to how badly Coulter sells them?

Used to be there would be endless posting of her effluvia - the stream seems to have lessened of late, or am I just better ignoring it?

Soz - he DOES write a great essay!!!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 05:16 pm
Coulter and Savage are both poster children for the extreme right. I don't really agree with them but do get quite the kick out of listening to them. Have any of you heard Savage rip into the President? He claims he is in cohoots with the left to destroy America.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 07:42 pm
McGentrix wrote:
So much for the liberal belief in free speech.

WTF????????????????????????? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Question Question Question
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 07:50 pm
So Coulter is really a lightweight? She couldn't respond to this bloke? She can hand it out but not take it? Not much of a public speaker for mine.

And there were children under the age of ten there? Listening to her? Why?

Oh and by the way if you are going to launch a successful prosecution for behaviour or language offences it always helps to point out that there were children present and it really helps if a busload of nuns were also in the vicinity.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 08:05 pm
Yes, I'm interested, too. Children under the age of ten? I wouldn't have my children listen to Coulter! Dammit.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 08:59 pm
dora17 wrote:
Cyclo, you're absolutely right about how offensive the horrid cow Coulter is all the time, just w/o swearing. Talking about her experiences on college campuses in a recent appearance on Hannity and Colmes, she flat-out said that she got nothing but idiotic questions from liberals. The few questions worthy of her were from conservatives, and these conservatives were, according to the Evil One, so obviously superior in intellect to the liberals, she knew any of them could out-debate any liberal. Isn't saying that every single liberal who spoke came across as mentally deficient pretty offensive?

I must be missing the offensive part. Could you point it out for me?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 09:45 pm
Try reading anything she writes.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 01:18 am
http://www.anncoulter.org/photos/grave_bg.jpg

"one picture is worth a thousand words."
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 02:04 am
Ahh the phalicy(sp) of McCarthyism. When are you gouys going to get it right?
0 Replies