How to destroy America

cjhsa

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 12:34 am
It appears to me that any latino girl over the age of 12 in California is either pregnant or recovering from delivery. Call me what you will, I'm just reporting what I see. Every streetcorner looks like a stroller sale.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 01:09 am
The eyes are the mirror of the soul.

I appreciate learning how each of us is.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 01:09 am
there is some truth to what the guy said about the possibility of the southwest becoming a spanish speaking, american version of quebec. so far, the only thing that i feel is holding it back is the cultural intolerance between the assorted hispanics and latinos and mexicans who have come into the region.

it does bug...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/images2/mexicobillboard.jpg
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 03:03 am
Merry Andrew wrote:
If, indeed, this speech was given in all seriousness, I think it is some of the most chauvinistic, jingoistic, xenophobic. abysmally narrow-minded horseshite I have ever read.

[btw, I had seen this nonsense before. A friend sent it to me as an e-mail and we both assumed that Dick Lamm was guilty of a major 'put on.' If he's serious, it really turns my stomach.]

See, I was right, Andrew. You are normally much more perceptive. Great stuff, MA! Very Happy
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 03:07 am
cjhsa wrote:
It appears to me that any latino girl over the age of 12 in California is either pregnant or recovering from delivery. Call me what you will, I'm just reporting what I see. Every streetcorner looks like a stroller sale.

I wonder what's worse, overt racism or this sneaky back door stuff? You seem to have all the bases covered. [excuse me; I have to go have a shower]
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 09:01 am
cjhsa wrote:
Call me what you will...

How about "bigot?"
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 09:39 am
Fine, I don't care. Doesn't bother me a bit.

Better than burying my head in the sand and hoping everything will be OK.

STAND UP people. Do not succumb to politically correct BS.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 09:49 am
Stand up for what? Your right to gawk at girls on street corners? Okay. You got it. Now. What wrong with those girls again?

Joe(Imput stereotypic rant here)Nation
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 10:09 am
The United States certainly has long been a melting pot of diverse elements, and populated with people of diverse cultures and languages, just as Merry Andrew has said. However until the advent of the diversity cult, there was a unifying, distinctly American culture to which the immigrants themselves were working hard to adapt and assimilate. Indeed the growth of our public school systems in many areas was stimulated by a public desire to speed that process and ensure that the flood of new arrivals adopted the American culture rather than merely importing their own. To be sure, every group added its own distinct elements to the cosmopolitan national culture, but the fact remains that unity, not diversity was the common goal.

I agree with Dick Lamm in this matter.

With respect to history - Andrew has some of his facts wrong. The bi-lingual phase of the Rom\an empire was the beginning of its demise.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 11:01 am
You agree with Dick, because you are also a bigot.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 11:34 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
You agree with Dick, because you are also a bigot.

Cycloptichorn

You have no factual basis whatever for that slur.

Had this come from one for whose judgement I had any respect, this would be offensive. As it is, I don't really mind.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 12:52 pm
Why is it only the young girls that Cj sees that get pregnant?

Nearly all of the young girls (latina or others) I know are in school, not pregnant and live pretty decent lives.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 01:00 pm
Obviously you do not live where he does. You have also, either purposefully or not, failed to understand what he wrote.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 01:02 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Obviously you do not live where he does.

Since I have a young Latina daughter, I am pretty happy about that.
0 Replies

fredjones

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 01:57 pm
Calling someone names is the best way to stop a debate.

Instead of demanding evidence from cjhsa, you label him as a bigot. Now his opinion, and anyone that agrees with him, does not matter.

Problem solved! No more opposing viewpoint!

Great job, guys.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 02:23 pm
fredjones wrote:
Calling someone names is the best way to stop a debate.

Instead of demanding evidence from cjhsa, you label him as a bigot. Now his opinion, and anyone that agrees with him, does not matter.

Problem solved! No more opposing viewpoint!

Great job, guys.

What kind of evidence do you think he would come up with, fred? He told me that I was wrong in my assertion that all people residing on American soil -- citizen or visitor, legal or illegal -- are subject to the same laws (always excepting those on a Diplomatic passport, of course). He said he was going to provide a link to disprove that statement, something I hadn't even asked him to do because his contention is preposterous. What he provided, instead, was a link to a conservative website discussing the very same Dick Lamm tripe that we are discussing here. If you ask him for evidence on Latina teen-age pregnancies, he will probably provide a link to a news item in some right-wing newspaper. What's the point? A xenophobe is a xenophobe by any other name -- bigot, racist, jingoist, take your pick.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 02:29 pm
You have got to be kidding fred. What debate is being stopped.

The basic premise of this so-called debate is that speaking Spanish destroys America. CJ then goes to complain that Latino's make "parts of the US look like a third world country" and that all the 12 year old Latina girls he sees are pregnant (how this is relevant to a discussion on immigrants is beyond me, unless it is a slur on the morals of Latinas in general.)

CJ's argments are extreme. Not only that, they are not new. They are the same arguments made against civil rights and even then they were recycled.

You get a group of people you don't like based on their ethnicity. You disparage their morals, ban their language and then claim they are destroying the nation. Then you make weak, transparent arguments about why you are not "racists". CJ's comments about Spanish and his view that 12 year old Latinas get pregnant show his true agenda.

You have seen this pattern repeated many times in history. The results are never good.

What debate do you want to have with dangerous hateful rhetoric? The only proper result to this is swift, strong condemnation of these ideas and perhaps derision.

CJ brings it on himself.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 02:30 pm
ebrown_p is correct. Airing one's prejudices ain't debate.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 02:56 pm
The terms "bigot" and "racist" don't mean what they used to mean. They have become part of the lefts lingo of political correctness. Now I can be labeled as such simply for not "celebrating diversity", or for not openly expressing love for everyone, no matter how screwed up they are.

How, may I ask, is that extreme?
0 Replies

fredjones

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 03:03 pm
I love you guys. Even when you think I'm wrong. Wink

It is possible to attack the racist premise without attacking the person. It is easy to ignore people when they are pigeonholed in the "racist" category. If you don't want to hear the other side, why did you enter into the conversation?

When you call someone a bigot, you are attacking their character instead of attacking their ideas. He is obviously misguided, but it irks me when reasonable people throw around a very hateful word. All you had to do is ask him to prove his assertions. That way we remain civilized, and maybe we also begin to change his mistaken beliefs.

Maybe I'm too naive, but I believe that racism can be cured. Calling people "bigots" does nothing to help. Being firm is ok, but slurs should not be allowed in a debate setting, no matter how despicable a post may be.
0 Replies