Transgender Positivity Thread

maxdancona

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 09:33 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
It seems to me that what is important is how people relate to, care for and respect other people. We are all human beings. None of us are perfect. All of us have to work to understand each other and to be patient. We all need to work through our human emotions and ideas and values and everything else. This is true whether no matter what your gender is.

My nephew came to me and told me what was important to him. He did this clearly, saying that he needed people to accept him for who he was. He let us express our emotions (I was almost completely supportive from the beginning, not everyone in my extended family were) and he tool responsibility for his own emotions. I talked a lot to my brother about feelings and values and what was important.

I don't know you, nor do I have any relationship with you except as a bunch of posts under an avatar. I certainly will respect your pronouns, and I don't think I have said anything against you personally... all I am doing is relating my personal experience with someone that I know and care about.

You seem to be turning your own thread about "transgender positivity" into political attacks. I don't think this is the best approach to take.

My nephew asks for respect, and he gives respect. After all, it is really about being decent to human beings I care about.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 09:38 am
@maxdancona,
That being said, I do understand the importance of the progress we are making as a society on these issues. It is great that there is support for my nephew, there are counseling resources and a growing acceptance in his school community and community at large.

My personal experience of course affects my politics... I don't know if my experience with my nephew would change any of my votes, but it certainly raises the important of these issues for me.
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2019 10:47 am
Prince Harry has come out in support of Mermaids, a UK charity that supports transgender children

https://happiful.com/duke-of-sussex-support-mermaids-charity/
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2019 07:46 am
Sum folk suffer from Trypophobia (Wikipedia), but I was voted the best kisser on my block. So naturally upon release from the Sing Sing Correctional Facility, I began my Tranzition to the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders locker room with the intention of interacting over the discussion of pronouns.

I took the precaution to gird up my loins (proverbs 31:17) for that crucial interview and things were going great… until I got caught twirling my own baton!!!

Here’s looking at you Kid (Casablanca) subliminal no more; be happy.
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2019 04:46 am
Hindu transgender women can now be classed as ‘wife’ when married.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/04/25/hindu-trans-women-now-recognised-bride-marriage/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Buffer&utm_campaign=PNL
0 Replies

TheSubliminalKid

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 04:59 pm
Women's Rights groups in Connecticut are defending trans atheletes

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/06/25/connecticut-trans-inclusive-student-athletics-policy-defended/
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 1 Jul, 2019 03:17 pm
In some "It's about time!" news, students in New York City's Public School system will be able to change their gender listing, as well as their name on school forms and records, without having to supply legal documentation.

www.silive.com/news/2019/07/students-can-change-gender-name-under-new-guidelines.html
0 Replies