If you have a narcissistic, personality disordered fiance,..

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 08:42 pm
Yeah, but when we grab a stack of books and head for the backroom, you'll need to find other company . . .
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 08:49 pm
OK, I'll cheerfully do that.

Reminds me of my childhood fantasy. Under the pine tree you open the trap door, and go down the ladder to the room, which had, as I remember mattress floors and a good bookshelf filled with stuff I wanted to read and a fridge with, at the time, Hershey bars and cokes and steaks and potatoes. That was as far as I got in the fantasy re food, alas, no kool aid.

At this point, I'd like to see whatsisname's place in texas. McMurtry. Last I heard, he hadn't done a motel yet. Stalwart fellow.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 09:01 pm
My favourite 'gathering' memory is from Salem, when the gang wandered down the street and stopped en masse in front of a remainder book store. Started reading, and piling up books, and when it started raining, helped the staff put tarps over the books.

Yup. That was the moment that told me these were 'my people'.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 09:01 pm
I don't know if this is still the case, but when i lived in Virginia as a teen, we would go up to DC, have a nice dinner, and then walk around Georgetown. There was a bookstore there, i think it was Saville's, which was open all night. It was full of people all night, too.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 03:34 pm
You'll have to give a description. Sounds nice.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 06:49 pm
>Bump<
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 06:55 pm
I was enjoying re-reading part of this thread earlier today.

Bookstores rock.

And those Peruvian guitar gods. <sigh> Cuties.
I need to go back to New York City.

but first

http://www.torontocelebrates.com/2003/images/gallery/festival/IMAGE288.JPG

it's time to get ready for Chinese New Year in Tranna
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:05 pm
It was a good one.

I'm at the ready with thousands of hydrangeas. Just say the word.

Osso and I still invited for the honeymoon.....?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:07 pm
What's the Year of the Dog supposed to bring?

(Not up to date on my Chinese Calendar.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:09 pm
Good things for us doggies!

(I hope.)

Them two kids seem to be living in sin these days... soon enough they'll be common-law. (I'm in so much trouble...)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:14 pm
Year of the Dog

1922, 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006

People born in the Year of the Dog possess the best traits of human nature. They have a deep sense of loyalty, are honest, and inspire other people¡¦s confidence because they know how to keep secrets. But Dog People are somewhat selfish, terribly stubborn, and eccentric. They care little for wealth, yet somehow always seem to have money. They can be cold emotionally and sometimes distant at parties. They can find fault with many things and are noted for their sharp tongues. Dog people make good leaders. They are compatible with those born in the Years of the Horse, Tiger, and Rabbit.

dyslexia

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:15 pm
I am the year of the monkey, oh the irony.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:21 pm
Let's all play with the little minkey.

<hee>

So, here's dys' biography:

Year Of The Monkey

1920, 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004

People born in the Year of the Monkey are the erratic geniuses of the cycle. Clever, skillful, and flexible, they are remarkably inventive and original and can solve the most difficult problems with ease. There are few fields in which Monkey people wouldn't be successful but they have a disconcerting habit of being too agreeable. They want to do things now, and if they cannot get started immediately, they become discouraged and sometimes leave their projects. Although good at making decisions, they tend to look down on others. Having common sense, Monkey people have a deep desire for knowledge and have excellent memories. Monkey people are strong willed but their anger cools quickly. They are most compatible with the Dragon and Rat.

...erratic genius? What IS that, anyway?

Damn. You're very nearly perfect.

How demoralizing. Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:22 pm
I think we should point this out to the newbies. Then, surely they'll now understand why you are a star, impervious to criticism, and the leader of the most popular clique.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:23 pm
typo, that's suppose to be "erotic genius"
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:24 pm
<biggest laugh in DAYS>
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:25 pm
you laughing at the DYS?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:25 pm
they have a disconcerting habit of being too agreeable...

They studied you for this profile.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:27 pm
yes I know and now you know my birth year. I deny everything.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 07:30 pm
1920, right?

(That profile's OK, 'cept for the money part. And the fault-finding part. Oh, wait...)
0 Replies