Is it to early to get excited?

panzade

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 02:27 pm
great memories of yount and cooper. Are you nuts? The brew-crew had Richie Sexton, the one man wrecking crew. Only problem, he had nobody to drive home.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 03:26 pm
Yount was my favorite. Molitor a close second. Cooooooop...
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 03:47 pm
Wasn't Gorman Thomas on that team, too? He came over the Mariners toward the end of his career and had a couple of good seasons. He could hit...
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 04:06 pm
Gorman Thomas was the epithome of those Brewers. Lots of homers and lost of strikeouts. He was the image of the team.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 05:57 pm
cierto
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 07:04 pm
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/185025/gthomas82drcablue.JPG

they just don't grow 'em like that any more...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 08:28 am
That's what I mean. See? He looks like he just finished a day at the brewery. He's ready to eat a few brats and hit a few homers.

Rollie Fingers looked like an actual brewer too.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 09:20 am
It all went to hell when they were shanghaied into the National League. Never been the same.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 11:02 am
Not to mention the Seligs... the b*stards
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 10:22 pm
sublime1 wrote:
Sorry JP no sweep for you.

All the Cubs have to do is leave their starters in the entire game.

I know this was posted awhile ago. I'm not a big baseball fan myself howevUH... there's only one team I'm interested in and I'll I have to say is hey at least we took 2 out of 3. I thought the Cubs were better than that... I thought wrong... it completely surprised me.

Yes of course the last game surprised me too. I thought when they lost 2-0 it was somebody else who was pitching. After I found out it was Halladay I was furious at how we couldn't give him more run support, ya lucky CUBblings...

Again though I'll just say 2 out of 3.

Oh yeah and this year was the first time that our franchise evUH played against you guys in yo house... and y'all just got flat out schooled...

Oh no knock or anything on your team (Child???). I actually went to Wrigely one tim'n and thought that it was pretty cool.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 10:23 pm
panzade wrote:
It all went to hell when they were shanghaied into the National League. Never been the same.

What do you mean by "shanghaied?"
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 10:36 pm
Oh and a real response to your post....

Yes, it's still much too early to get excited.... pessimism you might say... in reality... no.

Whoever said that it's too early and if ChiSox is still compet'n in late Sept. come early Oct. then you can be excited then he/she'd be on the $$$.

Again I'm not a baseball fan, however the way this whole post went... it was interesting enough for me to read the whole thing (up to speed) and I'm not a big reader nor baseball fan, so yeah props to y'all fo that...

Sorry about that anyways back on topic. I think this year is Garland's year too from a ChiSox perspective even tho yo Garl.. couldn't pick up the W (dub) unfortunately the rest of yo boys managed to get the W in Tdot (aka T.O. aka Toronto).

HoweVUH, I'll add if Garly eVUH be mercifully surrenderin 6 (SIX!!!) runs again... then nah... his year is oVUH.....

Top pitchers in the league in my opinion....

1) Roy Halladay (okay this is a biased one in reality, yes Willis...)
2) Dontrell Willis
3) Johan Santana

Also a few of the ChiSox pitchers and Clemens... I don't know too much about baseball so really I guess I only threw out the big name ones.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 10:40 pm
I know this is your topic and all... I'll add a few things though...

Who's your biggest surprise team?

Montreal Expos.... I mean Washington Nationals Sad

The most underrated team?

Toronto Blue Jays!!!

Oh yeah I forgot to throw in that if you're thinkin ChiSox is bad y'all should know the Cubbies didn't win one since the 1800's or something... 1908 I think... something like that... it might as well be 1808...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 12:04 pm
just who in the HALE is this bobby abreu character anyway??
(man, he was locked in that first round...)
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 01:12 pm
He's been quietly tearing it up in Phillie for a couple years now... I guess he found his way into the national media now. Smile
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 02:29 pm
he made hitting 480 ft homeruns look easy.
he basically crushed every other pitch he saw in the 1st round.
he was either corked, or juiced, or both...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 02:33 pm
I saw a guy saying the other day that corked bats don't help hitters... I'm not sure I agree with that but what he did recommend was shaving 1/32" off of the entire bat. That would make it lighter and decrease wind resistance when swinging but still give you the solid core of the bat...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 03:09 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
he made hitting 480 ft homeruns look easy.
he basically crushed every other pitch he saw in the 1st round.
he was either corked, or juiced, or both...

Actually the answer is much simpler. The guy throwing those puff balls was the Philly batting practice pitcher so I think Abreau had a little advantage. Not to take anything away. He seemed to wave off every other pitch and that appeared to give him some rhythm. The other guys were swinging on consecutive pitches.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 07:42 am
Pretty good game last night. Anybody else watch it?

My boy Buehrle got the win and Jon Garland pitched a scorless inning after walking two.

That AL lineup was just to tough for the NL. They had a whole lot of pop in their bats... and that was without Scott Podsednik tearing up the base path.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 09:15 am
Dantrell and Livan looked pretty ordinary.
Like Johnny Damon said. Anytime you have a possible MVP(Roberts) batting 9th you have a pretty good line up.
0 Replies