Is it to early to get excited?

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 01:37 pm
the Rays've been a thorn in the side to both the yanx and the 'other' sox this year...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 02:54 pm
For those who care... inter-league play began today.

So far the score is:

White Sox: 1
Cubs: a big fat goose egg

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:42 pm
I'll say this while a healthy streak backs me up... watch out for the Padres.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:34 am
Sorry JP no sweep for you.

All the Cubs have to do is leave their starters in the entire game.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:41 am
sublime1 wrote:
Sorry JP no sweep for you.

All the Cubs have to do is leave their starters in the entire game.

At least the one or two that are healthy Laughing

Good series even though. Good pitching from the starters on both sides and some good late game come backs. I love Sox/Cubs series.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:48 am
The Cubs/Sox games are always fun. I was watching the game in a bar close to Wrigley and the Cubs fans and Sox fans were in equal numbers.
You would have thought it was the seventh game in the world series the way we were acting.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 09:15 am
i think its pretty safe to say the cubbies are truly cursed...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 01:45 pm
By the way:

40 - 19 and 4.5 games ahead of Minnestoa. Still the best record in baseball.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 01:51 pm
I have a friend who's even older than I am, and a lifetime Chisox fan. He's guardedly hopeful. His life is also more complicated now that the team is competitive. The other day he told me that he had to root for the Yankees because they were playing the Twins...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 01:56 pm
Tell me about it. We are so used to failure it is dangerous to get to optimistic. I keep telling myself: There is a long way to go.... there is a long way to go... there is a long way to go...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 05:12 pm
jp,
there is a long way to go...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 05:09 pm
Man was that a butt whoopin' today Smile

Whitesox: 12
Cubs: 2

Still the best record in baseball. 9.5 games ahead of the second place twins.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2005 01:45 pm
The White Sox always squash the Cubs nosh, even in years when The Cubs come 5 outs from The World Series, and even in years when The Sox are bottom feeders.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 08:00 am
The cubs took the last two of the series so once again they split the season series 50/50. Prior looked good on Sunday. I'm suprised they marched him out there so fast after his injury but it looked like a good decision.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 08:58 am
I agree, about Prior. But Kerry Wood will do a stint in the minors.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 09:23 am
Yeah that is the weird thing. wood pitched a couple simulated games then went to the minors and started 3 (ithink) games there.

Prior gets his arm broken by a line drive. He pitches one simulated game and they march him back out there. I really hope they don't ruin him. He is a special pitcher and I would hate to see his career shortened because of bad decisions by the training staff.

Wood, IMO, is finished. He has never won more then 14 games in a season, is continually injured by flawed mechanics which he refuses to correct. It is only a matter of time before he is hurt again.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 11:15 am
Anyone want to hazard a guess on how NYY will do? They managed to win one last night, avoiding a sweep (at home) vs. the Mets. They are now one game over .500.

Will they wake up and win the division, as per usual? What's interesting to me, among other things, is how weak their minor league system must be, given the (ahem) quality of the guys they've been calling up...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 11:33 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
He is doing pretty good. Plus Miller Park is a nice place to watch a ballgame.... I just wish is was called Budweiser Park or Guiness Park or Doghead Fish Park... anything but Miller.

I'd like to thank the Sox for allowing the Brewers to have a player who bats above .300 and hits more than 10hr a season. It was kind of them. If he keeps doing well though, he'll invariably go to another team, because that's what good Brewers do.

Budweiser park? Are you nuts? It's Miller Time beeatcch.

I long for the early 80s, when the Brewers actually looked like REAL brewers, like they just clocked out at Miller, big mustachioed dudes with long hair, some with full on beer guts...oh, and they were good.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 12:19 pm
Great team, those early 80's Brewers.

As for the Yanks, I suppose they'll play .600 ball in the second half of the season. So the question is, will the Orioles & BoSox play well over .530 to leave the Yanks out?
Boston will, most probably.
I only pray for the Orioles.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 01:48 pm
Gargamel wrote:
I'd like to thank the Sox for allowing the Brewers to have a player who bats above .300 and hits more than 10hr a season. It was kind of them. If he keeps doing well though, he'll invariably go to another team, because that's what good Brewers do.

C Lee was one of my favorite players... but the trade for Pods is working out quite well for us. I like it when a trade makes both teams end up better then before.

Gargamel wrote:
Budweiser park? Are you nuts? It's Miller Time beeatcch.

Miller??? They may as well call it Watered Down Swill Park.
0 Replies