Is it to early to get excited?

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2006 08:35 am
Thanks for the bump, JPB.

I am still thinking that the division is our for the taking.

ps... nice choice on tickets for the hubby... you obviously married a very smart man.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 06:32 am
<cough, cough>
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:19 am
No problem... plenty of time left...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:06 am
A four-game series between Detroit and Minnesota starts today. Who do you cheer for? Give up on the pennant and cheer for Detroit? Hope for a split?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:08 am
I would have thought you'd be a Cubs fan, J_B.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:16 am
More so the White Sox than the Cubs because I'm more of an AL fan than a NL fan. I grew up in a household of avid Red Sox fans (my father hosted a morning Red Sox trivia show on a Burlington radio station). I've never really embraced any of the Chicago teams except the Bulls in the heyday. I'm still a New Englander at heart.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:19 am
Burlington, Vermont? The home of Phish?

I never knew.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:24 am
Yep
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:27 am
I loved Vermont but didn't particularly care for Burlington.

Maybe I was there on an off day.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 06:30 am
But...back to baseball. Did you see where Bert Blyleven was suspended from his broadcasting duties because of this rather embarrassing moment...

oops
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 07:02 am
oops! Although I assume it was 'bleeped' during the broadcast. Don't they always have a few seconds delay to catch these things?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 07:40 am
JPB wrote:
A four-game series between Detroit and Minnesota starts today. Who do you cheer for? Give up on the pennant and cheer for Detroit? Hope for a split?

Split.

That way if the good guys win 4 straight we gain 2 games on each of them which puts us in the lead for the wild card and only a couple behind the division lead.

or

Detroit all the way. As long as we win too, we don't lose any ground to them and we end up 3 games ahead of the Twins.

Of course all of this is dependent on us winning too.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 7 Sep, 2006 08:03 am
I'm not holding my breath for a sweep against Cleveland. Oh me of little faith~~ I'm just hoping to come out of the next four days in no worse shape than we are now.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 05:31 pm
Ummm... it's not looking to good.

I think Ozzie has lost his mind not sticking with what they won with last year... oh and his bullpen... they STINK!

This Detroit Series could bea deal breaker for the sox. Ifthey get swept and Minn. keeps winning they may as well pack their bags.

The thing that sucks is even though they are in third place, there are only 4 teams with better records then them in the whole AL (Detroit, Minn, NYY and Oakland) and only 1 team in the NL with a better record (NY Mets). They are still a really good team but just may end up with the short end of the stick with two other red hot teams in the same division as them.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 01:07 pm
ughhh... that was ugly last night... 'nuff said.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 01:12 pm
its mighty tough to be a repeat champ in this sport...

let's go mets!!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 01:27 pm
yeah but they could at least make the play-offs fer christs sake.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 06:05 am
One of the guys in front of us last night said that the White Sox have never made it to the playoffs two years in a row. Don't know if it's true or not....

7-zip! Oh, that the Red Sox had beaten the Twins.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 07:05 am
I do believe it is true... I think I recall hearing that on th radio the other day.

Oh... and schilling is pitching for the bosox tonight so maybe we can make up a little ground here....
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 20 Sep, 2006 10:05 am
don't count on it -- he's been very ordinary since the all-stah break...
0 Replies