Is it to early to get excited?

sublime1

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 10:06 am
I hope the excitement wasn't too much for him.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 11:22 am
yeah, I was wondering the same thing, maybe he's holding his breath 'til its over. I feel asleep on the couch in the 9th but Mr B stayed up for the duration. He's moving a tad slow today.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 06:08 pm
Got a message from jp, via telepathy:

"Not excitedness, but fear, keeps me from posting. There is still one game to go, and even if the Astros are in disarray, the White Sox can always blow it, and perhaps they will, waaaaah!"
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 10:46 pm
Well he doesn't have to worry anymore.

http://www.chicago.il.org/staticresources/choose_SoxLogo.gifhttp://www.rockingham.k12.va.us/sound_sorting/initial_blends/sw/images/sweep.jpg
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 11:24 pm
YAHOO!!!

Now, where the hell is jp?
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 05:08 am
I'll answer his original question

No jp, it isn't (wasn't) too early to get excited.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 05:30 am
uribe was The Man defensively last night...

i predict gary gaetti will not be asked back as hitting coach of the astros next year.
its pretty sad when you're clean-up hitter is so clueless that he tries a different stance in each at-bat...
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 10:56 am
Uribe was the man, all right. That catch of the foul in the ninth was amazing.

And I agree, RP, re the Astros' hitting. Leaving a man on second with no outs in a scoreless game can happen to any team. Bad when it happens and you're down 3-0 in the World Series.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 11:22 am
Congrats, JP!

Gary Gaetti, really? That's a familiar name from the last time I was in JP's position (Twins World Series win).
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 11:50 am
yeah.
i hadda look it up --
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/coaches.jsp?c_id=hou

the pitching coach got plenty of face time & in-game interviews, but gaetti was nowhere to be found...
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 09:38 am
My 2 Cents (actually 3):

1. Houston should have won at least one of their two home games. I think they were jinxed by an elderly couple sitting on the front row. Smile

2. Am I wrong, or Houston has not a single US African-American player on its roster? And they were beaten on the key game by Harris and Dye. Hmmmm.

3. Ozzie's got brains and balls. Can't really say that about Garner. And what's with this Bagwell obsession?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 12:49 pm
Re Bagwell: He's probably ready to retire (bum shoulder) and this was his first World Series. I'm guessing that was the rationale for playing him...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 09:20 am
A day late and a dollar short but:

The World Champion Chicago Whitesox.

Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 11:46 pm
This email is from my Chicagoan brother-in-law:

Five Chicago sports fans were climbing a mountain one day. Each was a fan of a different Chicago
team and each proclaimed to be the most loyal of all fans to their team.

Finally as they reached the top, the Blackhawk fan hurled himself off the mountain, shouting,
"This is for the Hawks!!!" as he fell to his doom. Not wanting to be outdone, the Bulls fan threw
himself off the mountain, proclaiming, "This is for the greatest team of the 90's!!!" Seeing
this, the Bears fan walked over and shouted, "This is for DITKA!!!", and leapt to his death.

The two remaining fans just looked at each other in stunned silence. After a minute, the Sox Fan
shouted, "This is for everyone on the South Side!!!" and pushed the Cubs fan off of the mountain.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 08:13 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 02:23 pm
InfraBlue wrote:
This email is from my Chicagoan brother-in-law:

Five Chicago sports fans were climbing a mountain one day. Each was a fan of a different Chicago
team and each proclaimed to be the most loyal of all fans to their team.

Finally as they reached the top, the Blackhawk fan hurled himself off the mountain, shouting,
"This is for the Hawks!!!" as he fell to his doom. Not wanting to be outdone, the Bulls fan threw
himself off the mountain, proclaiming, "This is for the greatest team of the 90's!!!" Seeing
this, the Bears fan walked over and shouted, "This is for DITKA!!!", and leapt to his death.

The two remaining fans just looked at each other in stunned silence. After a minute, the Sox Fan
shouted, "This is for everyone on the South Side!!!" and pushed the Cubs fan off of the mountain.

Oh, I thought it was for real... you were just playin.... lol, good stuff yo.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:45 pm
Here's another one from my Chicagoan brother-in-law:

Subject: Shocking New "Chicago Court" Ruling

Chicago, IL (AP) - A seven year old boy was at the center of a Chicago courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with the child custody law and regulations requiring that
family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have cus! tody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Chicago Cubs, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 06:02 am
dan shaughnessy, a bahstin globe columnist, discussing dominant AL closers, described bobby jenks as a
"soda machine with legs"

Smile

http://images.ewoss.com/MSimages/ILJR10110060200.jpg
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 09:31 am
I'd say that is pretty accurate... I'm not sure about the dominant closer part though. He had a couple of good games in the WS (and if I recall a not so good one as well)... lets not get to hasty here.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 06:16 am
bump

Sox lose, Tigers lose, Twins win.

Not a great day for the Sox, but at least the Tigers lost.
0 Replies