Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

Setanta

Wed 16 Aug, 2006 01:38 pm
By the way, Spurious, since you don't seem to get it (how typical), i "pick on" Zimmerman because it is such an easy way to jerk your chain.
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 16 Aug, 2006 01:42 pm
They say things like that after the event. It's the hindsight brigade. All that history plays tricks.

One can forget we are going forwards with too much of it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 16 Aug, 2006 01:45 pm
How sad for you, Spurious, that you can't see it. You always puke up some of Bobby's drivel as though it were wisdom--i've known for months that the fastest way to get your goat is to slam Zimmerman. Works a treat, too.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Wed 16 Aug, 2006 01:53 pm
U.S. CONGRESS UPDATE

Quote:
Legion: Common Sense Prevails in California War Memorial Transfer to Feds
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 16 Aug, 2006 02:18 pm
7/8 Mick 1/8 Jock wrote-

Quote:
i've known for months that the fastest way to get your goat

My "goat" can't be got my dear. Many have tried and been found wanting. And not just with mere words. I haven't the slightest interest what you think about Bob Dylan. Not one slight scorrick in the bottom of the bag the iotas had been emptied out of interest.

I am just setting the record straight for this little corner of history if it survives to tell future generations what we were like in 2006 and hopefully for more years to come. They would get the wrong idea about Bob if your view was the only one that made it through the grinder just like the stuff that has made it from the past has been through a grinder and only some of it came through.

No goat got whatsoever tautologised for emphasis.!!
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 16 Aug, 2006 03:16 pm
Are you anti-IDers up against the American Legion?

Gee!!
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 16 Aug, 2006 03:30 pm
You have a naive and childish view of the practice history, which does not surprise me.

The American Legion are a bunch of fat old dudes, with an agenda for personal financial gain--you would be foolish to rate very high their influence and the respect they command. I was once a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, but lost interest, as they seemed to be mostly a private drinking club.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 16 Aug, 2006 03:32 pm
By the way, i've rarely seen anyone whose goat was so easily gotten--witness the few posts about Bob Zimmerman which had you hysterical in no time.
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 16 Aug, 2006 05:23 pm
You're a "The Who" fan Mick. They smashed guitars on the stage in front of people out of frustration that they couldn't make one talk like Bob can.

Did you see what Segovia said after listening to Bob play?

I would bet you're a "Queen" fan too.

They were quite sane. Their lead singer is long gone and he is reported as needing two virgins in a bath full of calf-livers to get it on. He ordered the calf-livers from the abbatoir with the money his fans paid out but I don't know where he got the virgins from.The supplier probably asserted that they were virgins and Zoroastrians are suckers for assertions. And that bloody tash was 'orrible.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 16 Aug, 2006 06:47 pm
Quote:

Did you see what Segovia said after listening to Bob play?

I looked it up , Andres Segovia said
"Bob Dylans music is much better than it sounds"

Spendi's a real car wreck , isnt he? :wink:
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:15 am
fm-

He said a few other things too.

BTW-

There's a few flickerings of the real intelligent design on the Original Writings thread. Trees. Some Emily Bronte with comments from the American lady who resides in rural England. None of that "Creationism by the back door crap".

Setanta wrote-

Quote:
, but lost interest, as they seemed to be mostly a private drinking club.

They are private drinking clubs in order to generate interest. I'm a member of ours although I must admit I'm in arrears with my subs. They do other things besides drink. All sorts of things.Best lunch in our town by miles. They are really for people who like meeting other people and having what we call the "crack". Chewing the fat. Mulling things over. Seeing what's going on. Who's shagging who.

Your lost interest may be your problem but that's no excuse to start calling them names like " a bunch of" greedy "fat old dudes. You are probably only referring to The Committee and trying to smear the membership with their shortcomings.

The membership hasn't stirred yet. They can really yank the chain.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Fri 18 Aug, 2006 05:01 am
KANSAS UPDATE

Quote:
Moderates take aim at remaining conservatives on state education board
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 18 Aug, 2006 06:04 am
We have to define "Moderate". In this case a moderate is one whos not looking to establish a religious state when it comes to science education. Its not necessarily a full political stance. (At least I hope that political conservatism does not include ID as a "package deal") That would be so embarrasing to the many politically conservative scientists who live among us.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Fri 18 Aug, 2006 07:22 am
farmerman,

There is a new organization called CAID (Conservatives Against Intelligent Design). They are basically in favor of good science education. Also, they are dismayed by a tendency among some Republicans to promote a religion-based agenda. I think their website is caid.org.
0 Replies

xingu

Fri 18 Aug, 2006 07:27 am
It's

http://www.caidweb.org/blog/
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 18 Aug, 2006 07:52 am
wande wrote-

Quote:
The current conservative 6-4 majority approved science standards that criticize evolution and sex education standards that make it more difficult for students to take sex ed,

This looks much more like anti-ID being "sex education" by the back door as does ID being Creationism by the back door.

If ID and Creationism are based on nothing, as is often said, then anti-ID is nothing too. But "sex education" is real enough and a total disaster when taught by buttoned up prudes which is likely to be the case.

It is much worse than deriving knowledge of sex from actors simulating it and that is bad enough.

One has to wonder why anti-IDers wish to see sex sanitised.
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 18 Aug, 2006 08:48 am
Xingu and wandel, thanks, Im going to look at the CAID website, perhaps my faith in human intelligence will be validated

However, on the other hand
Quote:
If ID and Creationism are based on nothing, as is often said, then anti-ID is nothing too. But "sex education" is real enough and a total disaster when taught by buttoned up prudes which is likely to be the case.

It is much worse than deriving knowledge of sex from actors simulating it and that is bad enough.

One has to wonder why anti-IDers wish to see sex sanitised.

Whenever spendi talks out his ass like this, I do take a few steps backward in my validation experience.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Fri 18 Aug, 2006 08:49 am
We should thank spendi for yet another inexplicably irrelevant post.
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 18 Aug, 2006 09:02 am
Yes, he often gets on a roll like that. I do worry about his "state of mind"

I went over to the CAID web. I did not kow that William Dembski co=wrote the evolution material in "Godless". Im amazed, with what he added to the inANNities section, even Dembski got it wrong , but perhaps he was spouting to an audience that didnt know the truth about the Piltdown fraud and peppered moths.
I know weve gone way beyond that
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 18 Aug, 2006 09:39 am
wande wrote-

Quote:
We should thank spendi for yet another inexplicably irrelevant post.

That's ridiculous wande.

You linked anti-ID to sex education not me.

Why don't you try answering the point instead of simply declaring it "irrelevant". Is "sex education" the real agenda as your quote suggested. I didn't write it.

Since when have posts been "irrelevant" when responding to a previous post.

fm- try a bit harder will you please. You don't need to have got out of first grade to be able to think up lines like your "talks out his ass" flippancies.

You must surely be aware that our viewers know by now that it simply means you are stuck for words but retain the urge to find some no matter how pointless.
0 Replies