Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

wandeljw

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 09:07 am
Your symptoms have returned, spendi.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 09:14 am
Well wande I would much rather have mine than your's and I can assure you that I have no intention of seeking advice as my symptoms have stood me in excellent stead for a long time now.

I mean wande? fancy attending the Chicago meet and having to ask a wife's permission to do so. With symptoms like that I might consider doing the decent thing. I would put money on you not being able to light up in the house you have slaved to get.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 09:17 am
Bear in mind, by the evidence availble to us we may assess only the psycopathy of spendi's screen personna. However unlikely, it is possible the actual corporeal being responsible for that screen personna is not an irritating, smug, attention-hound narcisist twit.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 09:22 am
You can bet you last buck on that timber. I had most of that crap knocked out of me the hard way before I was 21 and a series of ladies from right across the spectrum have seen to the remainder.
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 10:31 am
wandel
Quote:
Your symptoms have returned, spendi.

Whew, I thought that it was just me who was getting weirded out by our friend
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 10:48 am
Hey, I've just realised something.

Spendi was drinking far in excess of the 3-4 unit daily limit back when he admitted he had 3.5 pints of 3.8% alcohol a few pages back. Four times too much. I only just realised it, because I didn't have the time until now to check out the number of units on the alcohol unit calculator I found on the web.

Wait, what were we discussing before we went on to the matter of Spendi's sanity?
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 12:05 pm
Wolf-

Just to set your mind at rest I am officially classified as a "binge drinker" by the Department of Health which recently recommended a cholesterol level which is known to make people sick and which is 30% above my score. I am also sick of trying to eat enough to put on a pound or two.

I smoke around 15 roll-yer-owns a day and spinkle a little bush into one of them when I can get it.

You follow the DoH guidelines if you wish but you should remember that a giant business enterprise would internally implode if everybody was as healthy as I am.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 12:17 pm
fm wrote-

Quote:
Whew, I thought that it was just me who was getting weirded out by our friend

Isn't that a form of emotional blackmail. After all no-one, least of all me, wants to see anyone "weirded out".

On the other hand were I to cease to post to prevent such a thing fm would have successfully censored the thread just by writing 16 very easily composed words.

If it is true that fm is actually "weirded out" the solution which maintains the integrity of the free flow of adult discourse which a www thread represents and heals him of this sad condition is obvious.

Not that I think he is "weirded out". He's just trying it on.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 01:35 pm
spendi wrote:
... no-one, least of all me, wants to see anyone "weirded out".

We're to take it then that you avoid mirrors?

Quote:
... were I to cease to post ...

Oh, please don't even consider that; good, hearty belly laughs provide welcome respite from topical, substantive, rational discourse. Its good to take a break from time to time. We appreciate all you do for us, spendi, really we do. Fully.

Quote:
... Not that I think ...

Indeed.
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 02:00 pm
timber wrote-

Quote:
We're to take it then that you avoid mirrors?

Too right. I don't wish to see the ravages of time and tribulation eating away at my fissog. But I do have mirrors on the vehicles I drive and they have a use in doing tricks.

Don't panic though. I have no intention of ceasing to post. There's a lot of good laughs to be had.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 02:18 pm
I also appreciate the humor that comes out of your posts, spendi. The news story below has similar unintentional humor:

Quote:
Official Cries Foul as Liberals Take Over Kansas Education Board
(By Jim Brown, Agape Press, August 11, 2006)

A conservative member of the Kansas State Board of Education claims the "lying liberal media" defeated her in last week's primary election. She and other conservative Republicans lost their 6-4 majority and control of the Board just nine months after voting to enact science standards that require critical analysis of evolution -- including scientific evidence refuting the theory -- in school classrooms statewide.

Incumbent Connie Morris, who was narrowly defeated in a highly publicized primary race in western Kansas, claims she was the victim of media bias. She takes special umbrage with an Associated Press article that reported she had not even read the science standards. According to the Board of Education official, she told the AP reporter she had read the standards but was not finished researching them.

"The media assassinated me," Morris contends. "They did everything they could to ruin my character, my reputation. I wish I could go through all the stories to tell you how they were either blatant lies or gross misinterpretations of the facts," she says.

Also, the now unseated Republican incumbent asserts, opponents of Kansas' recently enacted science standards derailed her campaign, even as they similarly attacked other conservatives running for re-election. "We just had a lot coming against us," she explains, including "a lot of well-funded, loud, obnoxious, rude people who have no ethics and morals, and they don't bat an eye at lying and manipulating the truth."

Nor do such liberal opportunists mind "slandering people and harming their families and their reputation and their business and their communities and their state," Morris continues. "It's a shame," she adds. "It's a shame, and I feel bad for them when they face God on Judgment Day."

Although four born-again Christians remain on the State Board of Education, Morris believes the newly empowered liberal majority will waste no time adopting new science standards. In January, she says, when the new members are sworn in, the Board will likely rescind the existing standards and adopt new ones that "let government schools teach children that we are no more than chaotic, random mutants."
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 02:32 pm
wande-

I have to have a bath now. I can't stand not having a hot soak everynight. It stems, I think, from a seminal experience on Salisbury Plain one cold,dark, very, very long night.

The Socrates Crust idea.

I'll read your article when I'm drying off preparatory to my evening stroll.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 02:56 pm
Incumbent Connie Morris wrote:
"The media assassinated me," Morris contends. "They did everything they could to ruin my character, my reputation. I wish I could go through all the stories to tell you how they were either blatant lies or gross misinterpretations of the facts," she says.

Wow, just like the creationists do with evolution... blatant lies and gross misinterpretations of the facts.

"It's a shame, and I feel bad for them when they face God on Judgment Day."

bye bye Connie, don't let the door hit ya on the ass on the way out.

Morris believes the newly empowered liberal majority will waste no time adopting new science standards.

Good. Hopefully they'll go back to science standards based on science, not political agendas.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 03:04 pm
rosborne,

Doesn't Connie sound a lot like Spendi? Smile
0 Replies

rosborne979

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 03:12 pm
wandeljw wrote:
rosborne,

Doesn't Connie sound a lot like Spendi? Smile

Well, I don't know about that, Spendi's pretty unique, in a pompous confused troll sort of way, but they do both spew a lot of twisted gibberish in pursuit of attention. Is that what you mean?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 03:27 pm
Connie's statement: "let government schools teach children that we are no more than chaotic, random mutants." is similar to some of the statements that Spendi has made.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 04:25 pm
I would suggest they'd make a good couple, but I fear what their children would turn out like.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 05:09 pm
spendius wrote:
The Socrates Crust idea

You lost me here - what are you driving at?
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 06:05 pm
Socrates railed against the Epicurians and their banquets with the idea that dried crusts of bread tasted just as good if you waited long enough to get at them.

That's why they had him offed. He was corrupting the youth.

I had been ordered to Salisbury Plain and when the truck failed to turn up we had to make the best of it.The snow had played a part. Or so they said. I would never have volunteered but I'm not married to Xanthippe.One never knows what one might do having to put up with her. Termagent hardly does justice.

He daren't go home until he was starving and all she had were the crusts.

I think that's the general idea.We had to do something about that hadn't we? It's called Christianity.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Fri 11 Aug, 2006 06:51 pm
Ahhh ... I get it now. Thanks for the expansion - you had me interested but bewildered there.

Here's one for you to ponder - a dark one, to be sure Mr. Green

Civilization as Socrates, Xanthippe played by Religion ... a marriage made made for hemlock?
0 Replies