Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

cicerone imposter

Tue 14 Mar, 2006 04:13 pm
My confidence only increases as you post more idiotic ideas. Keep go'n spendi, most on a2k already don't take you seriously. You'll be bat'n a thousand soon. LOL
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 14 Mar, 2006 04:15 pm
Excellent post, Miss Law. Don't expect that any of that will matter to Spendi--he only argues because he can, not because he understands, or has a position to defend.

In fact, even the religionists have abandoned this thread long ago. Spendi soldiers on, a crusade of one, dedicated unstintingly to contrarian argumentation, and reality be damned.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Tue 14 Mar, 2006 05:08 pm
Good'n, Debra. Thanks for the article.

Don't look for it, or the message it conveys, to have much impact on the ID-iot movement, however; as the article indicates, the hucksters are well organized and heavilly funded, and field well-trained, enthusiastic armies of shills. There are enough rubes to ensure the show gets lotsa openings, even though it always closes to bad reviews. The next town is another town, complete with a fresh crop of rubes at once eager for self-righteously comforting entertainment and unlikely to have read the reviews.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Tue 14 Mar, 2006 05:32 pm
Maybe the IDiots in every state have a few million bucks of taxpayer's money itching to be spent . . . so why not let those dollars fall into the hands of lawyers.

It's a good deal . . . for lawyers. Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 14 Mar, 2006 05:34 pm
Not that those communities need that money for other uses - like health care for their children.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Tue 14 Mar, 2006 05:42 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Not that those communities need that money for other uses - like health care for their children.

Several generations of children will have to go without healthcare. They will be working their asses off to pay for this administration's wars. Fighting wars, imposing religion in public schools, spying on Americans, and other conservative programs must be adequately financed, so everything else must wait. The little people need to sacrifice for the greater good.
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 14 Mar, 2006 06:24 pm
Debra-

Hello Debra.We've not been introduced but I'm spendius.Nice to meet you.What does the tough Goddess avvie symbolise?

Quote:
It's a good deal . . . for lawyers.

Naturally.Lawyers wrote the constitution for that very purpose.Have you not read Rabelais about lawyers?
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 14 Mar, 2006 06:30 pm
Quote:
The little people need to sacrifice for the greater good.

Henry Miller said that if **** had value the poor wouldn't have a$$hoiles.60 or 70 years ago.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 14 Mar, 2006 06:30 pm
The current segment on MSNBC on Bush and the Iraq war makes some good arguments about the cost of this war vs how that same money would have solved all of the social security financing problems we now face. Bush still claims it's "worth it."
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 14 Mar, 2006 06:44 pm
There are a number of problems associated with raising social security payments,not least that they go to people who will spend them before tomorrow night.This can place inordinate demands upon the supply side which can easily lead to double digit inflation and,if mistakes come into the reckoning,treble.
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 14 Mar, 2006 06:47 pm
timber is getting the picture.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Tue 14 Mar, 2006 06:53 pm
Spendius:

If we keep the little people poor so they can't spend and plug their "a$$hoiles," will that resolve your concerns about inflation?

If we can get those welfare moms into the working pool and paying taxes, all would be right with the world. Don't cha think? But what do we do with all those raggedy kids while their moms are working? Perhaps we can send them to state-run institutions where they'll get religion, discipline, and maybe a spoonful of education. If we institutionalize the children of the working poor, perhaps we can build a better America.

What do you think?
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:10 pm
Debra-

I don't really think anything.

Haven't you heard.I have a small brain and,as you would expect,I'm an idiot.

I'm stupid as well.

But I'm not concerned about inflation and that's for sure.It is one way of the under 40s getting their hands on property on the cheap.Or,to put it another way,one way of skinning the over 50s.The decade in between can get confusing.Todays rates suggest the latter are making a bit of a come back.
But they are the ones who were in their 20s thirty years back.

Quote:
If we institutionalize the children of the working poor, perhaps we can build a better America.

I lean that way myself quite often.Especially when I read some posts on these threads.I do rather think parents are a dead loss.It's a good job mine were well off otherwise they would have been useless.

Don't you agree?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 14 Mar, 2006 07:54 pm
Can anyone decifer this for me? spendi wrote: It's a good job mine were well off otherwise they would have been useless.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Tue 14 Mar, 2006 08:15 pm
I believe the point spendi was making is that apart from being exceptional by way of financial security, his parents otherwise were wholly unremarkable; well-to-do nonentities. If the aphorism "The nut doesn't fall far from the tree" is to be accepted, then spendi's assessment of his ancestry's relative merit makes a good deal of sense.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Tue 14 Mar, 2006 10:49 pm
Update from The Bench: ID-iots Lose Another One
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 14 Mar, 2006 10:59 pm
Never heard of this Caldwell character before, but he seems like he's very active all around the country to dismiss evolution to promote ID.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Tue 14 Mar, 2006 11:31 pm
Active, yes. Effective? Mostly only at getting shot down.
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 15 Mar, 2006 05:24 am
The Caldwell's might have a court-room fetish derived from watching Perry Mason & Co. A sort of hobby.Self administered occupational therapy.

Hardly to do with this debate although they might see their appearence on this thread as a small success.
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 15 Mar, 2006 05:44 am
timber wrote-

Quote:
If the aphorism "The nut doesn't fall far from the tree" is to be accepted, then spendi's assessment of his ancestry's relative merit makes a good deal of sense.

If the nut finds itself a long way from the tree it is usually because a ground rooting animal such as a warthog has eaten it and passed it out amidst the defecation products a few hours later thus providing it,when it germinates,with a goodly supply of easy to access,high quality nutrient which ensures that its ab-initio is highly impressive along the lines suggested by Mr Simund Freud.
0 Replies