Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

coldjoint

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 02:43 pm
@coldjoint,
-2, the girls are angry. http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/lolol.gif
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 02:48 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

You brag again about blood.

It just shows that you are like a wild animal, no civilization (nor civility) in your behavior.

I didn't come here to start trouble, just to oppose some of your demented assertions.

Continue to pretend, people see you are a braggart..

You came here to start trouble...and to get bloodied by me.

You do that often...and I oblige.

I am regularly more civil and courteous in post than you, Timur.

That bother you?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 02:54 pm
Frank, do you realize Timur was in combat? How dare you!!!http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/i9bce.gif< Mrs Timur
Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 02:58 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Frank, do you realize Timur was in combat? How dare you!!!http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/i9bce.gif

He is "in combat" whenever he compulsively comes into a thread to spew his nonsense at me, cj.

I'll take his word that he saw battle...but considering how poorly he is doing with me...I cannot imagine how he survived actual combat.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 03:20 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Frank, do you realize Timur was in combat? How dare you!!!http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/i9bce.gif< Mrs Timur

I'm too new here to know the rules of engagement, maybe that was a joke. I was combat infantry too but it would never occur to me to use that as a qualification here. If anything, it just proved I was silly enough to believe Vietnam was a good enough cause to draft my ass.
wmwcjr

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 03:22 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

I don't care about your clownesque retorts.

Sad But everybody loves a clown. Cool Especially a happy one. Wink
0 Replies

hingehead

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 04:11 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
I was silly enough to believe Vietnam was a good enough cause to draft my ass.

Damn. Commiserations.
0 Replies

Briancrc

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 04:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
But the FACT that "if there is the possibility of a god...there is the possibility of intelligent design" seems to bother you a great deal.

A fact is something that truly exists or happens. You seem to be placing the word "fact" proximal to your conditional statement as if to enhance the certainty of the statement. It is not certain. Does that bother you?
Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 04:18 pm
@Briancrc,
Briancrc wrote:

Quote:
But the FACT that "if there is the possibility of a god...there is the possibility of intelligent design" seems to bother you a great deal.

A fact is something that truly exists or happens. You seem to be placing the word "fact" proximal to your conditional statement as if to enhance the certainty of the statement. It is not certain. Does that bother you?

No...mostly because it IS CERTAIN.

It is absolutely certain that there is the possibility a god exists.

Not sure why it bothers people like you so much...but you ought to learn to deal with it.
Briancrc

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 05:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I agree. But you should understand that it is as certain a possibility as is that you wear little dresses while rubbing your nipples. Does that bother you?
Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 06:28 pm
@Briancrc,
Briancrc wrote:

I agree. But you should understand that it is as certain a possibility as is that you wear little dresses while rubbing your nipples. Does that bother you?

Nothing you say actually bothers me...unless you consider me feeling a certain amount of pity for you in what is happening here to be "bother." (I accept it if you do.)

The bottom line is that IF there is the possibility of a god...then there is the possibility of intelligent design.

Try to force yourself to acknowledge the obvious...without attempting to shrug it off with that schoolyard nonsense, Brian.

You do yourself no honor with it.
coldjoint

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 06:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
The bottom line is that IF there is the possibility of a god...then there is the possibility of intelligent design.

Where do our inalienable rights come from?
Frank Apisa

Wed 30 Sep, 2015 04:58 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

Where do our inalienable rights come from?

Are there such things as "inalienable rights, cj?"

Or is that just a nice turn of phrase?
coldjoint

Wed 30 Sep, 2015 09:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Western civilization seems to think so. So did they come from a creator or the state?
Frank Apisa

Wed 30 Sep, 2015 11:03 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

Western civilization seems to think so. So did they come from a creator or the state?

I am part of the "western civilization" that thinks there are no such things as "inalienable rights"...so I really cannot answer that question in any meaningful way, cj.

If anyone here from "western civilization" thinks there are rights that cannot be taken away...put them up for consideration...and we can all discuss 'em.
coldjoint

Wed 30 Sep, 2015 11:21 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
that thinks there are no such things as "inalienable rights".

But believe in "safety nets". That is a right to be supported? Can't have it both ways.
Frank Apisa

Wed 30 Sep, 2015 11:29 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
that thinks there are no such things as "inalienable rights".

But believe in "safety nets". That is a right to be supported? Can't have it both ways.

What on Earth are you blubbering about, cj?

I do not think there are such things as "inalienable rights."

Any supposed right...can be taken away. People die protecting rights all the time...to prevent them from being taken away.

I do not do "believing." But if you are saying that I am an advocate for safety net programs...I AM...and I AM in an enthusiastic way.

What does that have to do with inalienable rights...and what do you suppose is "having it both ways" here?
coldjoint

Wed 30 Sep, 2015 12:52 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Any supposed right...can be taken away.

Who gave you those rights? How do you come to believe that people need help? Did the state infuse you with that, or a moral constant?
Frank Apisa

Wed 30 Sep, 2015 01:13 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Any supposed right...can be taken away.

Who gave you those rights?

Most of the rights I enjoy were "given" to me by men and women who fought to obtain them for themselves and posterity...and by later men and women who fought to retain them for us all.

Quote:
How do you come to believe that people need help?

I do not do "believing."

Quote:
Did the state infuse you with that, or a moral constant?

I don't know for sure. I imagine my upbringing plays a part in my social philosophy (the teachings of my parents and educators)...and I imagine my intellect (the decisions I make as an adult) lead me to where I am in that area.
0 Replies

Awe and wonder

Wed 30 Sep, 2015 03:39 pm
@rosborne979,
Is it impossible to believe that science and religion can exist together? One does not negate the other, understanding the scientific cause of a miracle does not make it any less miraculous. To me it is perfectly conceivable that god, yes I said the word, created the universe. Human activity continued to mold and change the environment which then had a direct effect on evolution etc...