Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

Briancrc

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 10:19 am
@Frank Apisa,
There's nothing to get around. Saying anything is possible leads to all manner of silliness. Do you need a recap of the silly things that can be asserted as possible about you given that logic?

You are expressing a thought; there might be the existence of an intelligent designer. Where is the truth? How would you go about determining the truth?
farmerman

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 10:25 am
@Leadfoot,
no, he goes quite a bit further in his points. He discounts ALL that science seems to have found and equates it with ID " fact-free reasoning".
He says he doesnt do "Belief" so he doesnt believe that the data exists to support a natural world. Thats dishonesty to fail to admit ones ignorance.

I am perfectly aware of his opinions (Ive listend to his BS for maybe 7 or 8 years an, and while his positions never change, they are presented without any logical or systematic defense.
Many of us have asked him "CAn you provide the evidence that one would need to gather to even support the "if there were gods" assertion" What would be what youd look for? He ignores most reasonable questions of him because he likes machismo over admitting ignorance. Hes quick to insult, and when he is insulted back, he yells foul.

When you need to dismiss another side to make yours valid, you should at least understand that side... He doesnt.
Had he opened a discussion (many aeons ago) with his assertion an let it go, most of us would have agreed with his point and then stated the basis of method naturalism and let it go at that.
HOWEVER, you will find his tracks ALL OVER the site with his constant BS (always preseneted merely as an assertion with no concern about what the "if there were gods" position would need to be wporth consideration"

Youre new here, I am not. Frank has been here as a weasely little cudgel for many a year. His opinion is factually baseless but he fails to acknowledge it.
Even guys like gungasnake have the balls to find things to back up their worldviews. Frank is unable .
Ive got no time for him
Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 12:21 pm
@Briancrc,
Briancrc wrote:

There's nothing to get around. Saying anything is possible leads to all manner of silliness. Do you need a recap of the silly things that can be asserted as possible about you given that logic?

I do not need any more of your immature nonsense...if that is actually what you are asking, Brian.

The fact is...that if there is the possibility of a god....there is the possibility of intelligent design.

That seems to bother you.

Deal with it.

Quote:
You are expressing a thought; there might be the existence of an intelligent designer. Where is the truth? How would you go about determining the truth?

What I have said (several times) is:

IF THERE IS A POSSIBILITY OF A GOD...THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY OF INTELLIGENT DESIGN.

If you disagree with that...tell me why...and we can discuss it. But don't paraphrase it and pretend to be discussing what I actually said.

Or...just go back to the playground nonsense. Whichever you think to be appropriate.
Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 12:27 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

no, he goes quite a bit further in his points. He discounts ALL that science...

IN no way whatsoever have I ever discounted ANY of science...let alone ALL of it.

EVER!

Quote:
seems to have found and equates it with ID " fact-free reasoning".
He says he doesnt do "Belief" so he doesnt believe that the data exists to support a natural world. Thats dishonesty to fail to admit ones ignorance.

Your need to call me dishonest and ignorant...is irony on a cosmic scale, Farmerman.

Quote:
I am perfectly aware of his opinions (Ive listend to his BS for maybe 7 or 8 years an, and while his positions never change, they are presented without any logical or systematic defense.

What defense is needed for: IF there is the possibility of a god...there is the possibility of intelligent design.

The only way to suggest there is no possibility of intelligent design...is to first suggest there is no god.

Are you doing that?

Quote:
Many of us have asked him "CAn you provide the evidence that one would need to gather to even support the "if there were gods" assertion" What would be what youd look for? He ignores most reasonable questions of him because he likes machismo over admitting ignorance. Hes quick to insult, and when he is insulted back, he yells foul.

I insult????

You are the one with the insults.

Quote:
When you need to dismiss another side to make yours valid, you should at least understand that side... He doesnt.
Had he opened a discussion (many aeons ago) with his assertion an let it go, most of us would have agreed with his point and then stated the basis of method naturalism and let it go at that.
HOWEVER, you will find his tracks ALL OVER the site with his constant BS (always preseneted merely as an assertion with no concern about what the "if there were gods" position would need to be wporth consideration"

Youre new here, I am not. Frank has been here as a weasely little cudgel for many a year. His opinion is factually baseless but he fails to acknowledge it.
Even guys like gungasnake have the balls to find things to back up their worldviews. Frank is unable .
Ive got no time for him

This nonsense from someone accusing me of being insulting.

The irony!

You ought to be ashamed of what you have become from what you were at one time!
0 Replies

timur

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 12:39 pm
Frank wrote:

If someone ought to be ashamed it should be you.

Bragging about knowing what other people think and telling them what they should say is the summit of arrogance.

Pretending to know that absence of belief is belief is pretending to know better than anyone else.

Go, Frank, brag along!
Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 12:47 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Frank wrote:

If someone ought to be ashamed it should be you.

Bragging about knowing what other people think and telling them what they should say is the summit of arrogance.

Pretending to know that absence of belief is belief is pretending to know better than anyone else.

Go, Frank, brag along!

Figures you'd come along and take some shots, Timur.

Give Farmerman some tips on how to dig as deep as possible.
Briancrc

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 12:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
The fact is...that if there is the possibility of a god....there is the possibility of intelligent design. That seems to bother you.

Your beliefs do not bother me.

Quote:
If you disagree with that...tell me why...and we can discuss it. But don't paraphrase it and pretend to be discussing what I actually said.

I don't disagree with your belief; I disagree with your logic, which is simply another way of saying, "Anything is possible"
Quehoniaomath

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 01:03 pm
@Briancrc,
Quote:

But th whole of science is about belief!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 01:14 pm
@Briancrc,
Briancrc wrote:

Quote:
The fact is...that if there is the possibility of a god....there is the possibility of intelligent design. That seems to bother you.

I do not do "believing."

But the FACT that "if there is the possibility of a god...there is the possibility of intelligent design" seems to bother you a great deal.

Why not deal with that?

Quote:
Quote:

I don't disagree with your belief...

I do not do "believing"...but I enjoy watching someone like you engage in immature bantering and baiting. In fact, I often laugh out loud at it.I did that with this last post of yours.

Quote:
I disagree with your logic, which is simply another way of saying, "Anything is possible"

Except for stuff that is established as impossible (a square circle; a four sided triangle)...anything is possible.

Oh, no. That bothers you also?

Jeez!
timur

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 01:31 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Ever since you crossed my path on this site, I consider you a pale imitation of a human being and a despicable individual.

I don't care about your clownesque retorts.
Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 01:36 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Ever since you crossed my path on this site, I consider you a pale imitation of a human being and a despicable individual.

I don't care about your clownesque retorts.

Really.

Well...I thank you for entertaining me as often as you do with your hysterical theatrics.

I am sure Farmerman considers me to be a "pale imitation of a human being" and a "despicable individual" also.

You both consider me to be a real baddie.

Hummm.
timur

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 01:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
From what I can see, a lot of other posters consider you in such way.

Not that I expect you will ever change, it's too late for that..
Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 01:48 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

From what I can see, a lot of other posters consider you in such way.

Not that I expect you will ever change, it's too late for that..

I treat the site and my fellow posters with more civility and courtesy than you do, Timur.

I bring as much (probably more) logic and reason to my posts than you do.

I'll fall back on that.

hingehead

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 01:52 pm
Well I think we've pretty much proved there was an intelligent designer. Now let's talk about how he evolved.
0 Replies

timur

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 01:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You don't, Frank, not in a thousand years.

But you are just pretending as usual...
Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 01:54 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

You don't, Frank, not in a thousand years.

But you are just pretending as usual...

Yeah...I really do.

Does that bother you also?
timur

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 01:57 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Pretending that you do doesn't make it true.

What bothers me is your weasel ways, attributing words and thoughts to people that don't have them..
Frank Apisa

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 02:23 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:

Pretending that you do doesn't make it true.

I don't have to pretend, Timur. You help me prove I am correct.

You come into a thread...just to start trouble.

Quote:
What bothers me is your weasel ways, attributing words and thoughts to people that don't have them..

What really bothers you is that I bloody you up regularly whenever you come into a thread to start something with me...and that you help me do that.

I don't blame you for being bothered by that.

I get a huge kick out of it...but I do not blame you for it.
timur

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 02:28 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You brag again about blood.

It just shows that you are like a wild animal, no civilization (nor civility) in your behavior.

I didn't come here to start trouble, just to oppose some of your demented assertions.

Continue to pretend, people see you are a braggart..
coldjoint

Tue 29 Sep, 2015 02:37 pm
http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/catfight.gif