Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

DNA Thumbs drive

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 08:48 am
@Frank Apisa,
What knowledge does evolutionary theory present, that is known, about the origin of life on the Earth?

While you are at it, you must also give the definition of God, that proves my idea wrong.

Good luck!
farmerman

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:09 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Quote:
What knowledge does evolutionary theory present, that is known, about the origin of life on the Earth?

Theories of evolution are silent over the origin of life on earth. Two different topics. I hope you will soon be able to remember this without prompting.

Sorta like the "Big Bang" and the formation of planets (two different topics)

Frank Apisa

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:21 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

FM can answer that better than I...although no matter the answer, it has nothing whatever to do with what I said.

Quote:
While you are at it, you must also give the definition of God, that proves my idea wrong.

What does the definition of GOD have to do with you being wrong?

And I NEVER said your ideas were wrong...did I?

I merely said you were asserting your ideas as though they are revelations from on-high...as truths...

...rather than as the guesses they are.

My follow up question would be: Why do you present your guesses about REALITY as truths?

Quote:
Good luck!

Thank you, but I do not need luck to handle stuff like this. It is easy stufff...a snap.
DNA Thumbs drive

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
What does the definition of God have to do with being wrong? Simple, in order for someone, to say that God does not exist, or have had a hand in something. One must first define what God is.

Thus to say that something not seen, does not exist, because it is not seen, is like saying that anything and everything not seen is not real.

While I am not a bible scholar, it was stated in the bible, that God with one flash, destroyed an entire city (Sodom). At the time, and in later biblical interpretations, this may have actually been considered a metaphor, for the power of God. However since Hiroshima, we know different, and humanity now has this power. DNA holds the power of life, and each person trying to decode it's mysteries, is part of the power of life understanding, and yes God.
Frank Apisa

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:42 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

What does the definition of God have to do with being wrong? Simple, in order for someone, to say that God does not exist, or have had a hand in something. One must first define what God is.

Thus to say that something not seen, does not exist, because it is not seen, is like saying that anything and everything not seen is not real.

What the hell are you talking about?

None of what I am discussing has anything to do with whether a GOD exists or not.

I have not touched on that subject.

For the record, though, I have no idea if a GOD exists or not...and if one exists, I have no idea of its nature.

Quote:
While I am not a bible scholar, it was stated in the bible, that God with one flash, destroyed an entire city (Sodom). At the time, and in later biblical interpretations, this may have actually been considered a metaphor, for the power of God. However since Hiroshima, we know different, and humanity now has this power. DNA holds the power of life, and each person trying to decode it's mysteries, is part of the power of life understanding, and yes God.

Talk to someone else about that, because that is not what we are discussing.

You said:

Quote:
God is merely knowledge, with once existing, is all knowing.

Now, that is a piss poor sentence...and barely comprehensible, but...

...it is you asserting what GOD is...as though you KNOW that to be the case.

It seems to me to be nothing but a guess...very poorly articulated.

I am just wondering why people like you decide it is alright and logical to assert your guesses as fact.

If you want to discuss that...I'm here for ya.

Frank Apisa

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:44 am
@Frank Apisa,
And stop claiming that I am saying you are wrong.

Your guesses MAY BE correct...but they are still just guesses.

I have never said you are wrong...because to do so would mean that I know the nature of any GOD that might exist.

I do not.
DNA Thumbs drive

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 09:58 am
@Frank Apisa,
I have said that you are God, and do not know this. This is true, unless you choose to do the work of the devil.

The power of good and evil, as well as the power of knowledge, are up to you.

God is the direction of heaven, where all human knowledge shall one day lead, to a new world, that will need to be populated, with the life that a past God left us to become, and continue the journey, of self.
Frank Apisa

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 10:07 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

I have said that you are God, and do not know this. This is true, unless you choose to do the work of the devil.

The power of good and evil, as well as the power of knowledge, are up to you.

God is the direction of heaven, where all human knowledge shall one day lead, to a new world, that will need to be populated, with the life that a past God left us to become, and continue the journey, of self.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0hoTMaNhLbilaR-GlNnGcWyzJMFSiRMBuuzBBEkYtWOFTLzOcJw
DNA Thumbs drive

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 10:18 am
@Frank Apisa,
That response, is the response, of one, who, does not know, how to respond.

My response indicated, that intelligent design, is theory, science and religion all, and more that we just do not understand.

Your response, was cartoonland.

Now be a good little birdie.

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/36000000/Looney-Tunes-image-looney-tunes-36081106-500-363.gif
DNA Thumbs drive

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 10:24 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
And sing along to the beat...
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-kl30QeVExHU/Ui7wvFyvR8I/AAAAAAAAB9E/TXvGUtSJvag/w426-h307/tumblr_ms9gkyqncM1qhansmo1_400.gif
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 10:32 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:

That response, is the response, of one, who, does not know, how to respond.

That response was what your comments deserved.

Quote:
My response indicated, that intelligent design, is theory, science and religion all, and more that we just do not understand.

Almost all of your "responses" are gibberish...strings of words that seldom lead anywhere.

Quote:
Your response, was cartoonland.

It was indeed...which your comments deserved, barely.

Quote:
Now be a good little birdie.

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/36000000/Looney-Tunes-image-looney-tunes-36081106-500-363.gif

Haven't quite mastered that yet, have ya!
DNA Thumbs drive

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 10:52 am
@Frank Apisa,
Come on Frank, no one likes a copycat.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/7100000/God-quotes-god-7177887-393-433.gif
0 Replies

FBM

Sat 13 Dec, 2014 07:45 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:

Theories of evolution are silent over the origin of life on earth. Two different topics. I hope you will soon be able to remember this without prompting.

Sorta like the "Big Bang" and the formation of planets (two different topics)

I'm willing to bet that we have to keep reminding them of this over and over and over. Rolling Eyes
cicerone imposter

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 12:09 am
@FBM,
That's known as the sticking point of creationism. Their 6000 year old earth have desolved into thin air.
FBM

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 12:14 am
@cicerone imposter,
No, no, no. There's a magic man in the sky holding it all together. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/eusa_naughty.gif
0 Replies

TheJackal

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 03:07 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Re: TheJackal (Post 5837983)
So many gods - all created by men. That's the ultimate answer; gods are men's creation.

Yep, and the concept in itself is nonsensical.
0 Replies

TheJackal

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 03:13 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Quote:
Exactly, we all have the power of God to some degree.

God is merely knowledge, with once existing, is all knowing.

Think.

It's impossible to be all knowing.. However, Existence itself is the entirety of information and knowledge. However a single mind among many cannot be all knowing for the mind cannot contain the entirety of Existence for 2 reasons

1. The mind would have to be outside of existence to contain it, and that isn't possible.

2. There is a paradox... Hence if a being is "All Knowing", or Omniscient, it would know me and everyone else to the infinite point of actually being me and everyone else. And therefore the concept collapses unless you infer to Existence itself since that would literally be me and everyone else.
Quehoniaomath

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 03:33 am
@TheJackal,
Quote:
It's impossible to be all knowing.. However, Existence itself is the entirety of information and knowledge. However a single mind among many cannot be all knowing for the mind cannot contain the entirety of Existence for 2 reasons

1. The mind would have to be outside of existence to contain it, and that isn't possible.

2. There is a paradox... Hence if a being is "All Knowing", or Omniscient, it would know me and everyone else to the infinite point of actually being me and everyone else. And therefore the concept collapses unless you infer to Existence itself since that would literally be me and everyone else.

It IS possible to be all knowing, and actually you ARE all knowing!

Your brain is a receiver and , if you ask, can give you the BEST answer to any problem you have!

You can easily verify this for yourself.

However, the whole of society , including schools and universities, is to keep us as far away from knowing that.

If people only realized the immense power they have, the people who control this planet, will wet their pants in fear!

Sound too ridiculous to be true? That is just your conditioning talking to you!

0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 07:51 am
@TheJackal,
It is not needed to be all knowing, but that is the attribute that has been attributed to God. What God knows or does not know, is not known. However, it is not really needed to be all knowing, just for instance imagine, what do the members of this primitive tribe, know about the aircraft that took this photo-----> http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/may/30/brazil.conservation

This is exactly the difference, between us and any other outside influence, should they arrive, or that might have been here long ago, if they return, we would be forced to point our best weapons at them, just as these Indians are pointing their arrows at the helicopter?

This tribe was unknown, until it was found, they knew nothing of us, and we knew nothing of them. Your belief, that you know all, including how life came to be here on this planet, is an irrational and ignorant pure speculation, nothing more.
0 Replies

FBM

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 07:59 am
@TheJackal,
What part of "It's all magic!" do you not understand?