Intelligent Design Theory: Science or Religion?

Frank Apisa

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 04:05 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
unintended entertainment

It is not unintended you silly, old MYOEPerer.

I cannot imagine going on a site like this without the first priority being to entertain the onlookers. Whether one does so in any individual case is not a factor. Tastes vary a great deal. Many literary works of excellence have elucidated the phenomena while refraining from stating it. Setting characters in motion which are given different tastes and seeing what conclusions they arrive at.

I have not changed my position one scorrick. Saying I have is more of the same and I assume there will be plenty more to follow.

And you wouldn't know what an "intellectual contribution" was if it came gift wrapped by special messenger.

Intellectuals are odious rascals to a man. The fact that American intellectuals all sold out in the 20s and 30s in order to get in on the party is nothing to do with me. I have been reading about it in Prof. Hofstadter's cute little book. It was more comforting being respectable you see despite having to pretend to be an intellectual thereafter.

And teenage schoolgirls, sixth formers of course, don't get enough time to change position.

I'm NOT talking about the intended entertainment, Spendius...I am talking about the unintended entertainment...like the entirety of this last post of yours.

You are a gas when you are entertaining.

You are even more a gas when you are not trying to entertain...but are entertaining nonetheless.
spendius

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 05:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You are even more a gas when you are not trying to entertain.

I am never not trying to entertain. Not ever.

I find you lot entertaining and moreso after reading some ironic explanations of how you came to be how you are.

They had an interview on Newsnight with Prof. Higgs earlier and another mad scientist in the studio. They were explaining the Bosun.

It was a hoot apart from when they mentioned the money it has cost to identify the little ****** and how many engineers and scientists were required to do it. The gist of it seemed to be that everything would have no mass if there was no Higgs Bosun.

If we could shoot it down with one of them there drone things an irate wife's rolling pin would be meaningless.
cicerone imposter

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 05:06 pm
@spendius,
Is that "boink" on "bonk?" Mr. Green
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 08:05 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
You are even more a gas when you are not trying to entertain.

I am never not trying to entertain. Not ever.

I find you lot entertaining and moreso after reading some ironic explanations of how you came to be how you are.

They had an interview on Newsnight with Prof. Higgs earlier and another mad scientist in the studio. They were explaining the Bosun.

It was a hoot apart from when they mentioned the money it has cost to identify the little ****** and how many engineers and scientists were required to do it. The gist of it seemed to be that everything would have no mass if there was no Higgs Bosun.

If we could shoot it down with one of them there drone things an irate wife's rolling pin would be meaningless.

You are, indeed, entertaining, Spendius.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Tue 8 Oct, 2013 11:18 pm
Spendius said:
Quote:

Well, I can certainly agree with you in your pique at them spending all that money to discover Bosuns, when all they had to do was look at any ship in the Royal Navy and they'd discover Bosuns aplenty at minimal cost to the taxpayer.

Quote:

boatswain , bosun or bo's'n (ˈbəʊs ə n)

— n
a petty officer on a merchant ship or a warrant officer on a warship who is responsible for the maintenance of the ship and its equipment

Once again, I'm impressed by your self-proclaimed grasp of science. Were you thinking of bosons, perhaps?
spendius

Wed 9 Oct, 2013 04:55 am
@MontereyJack,
No. The object has only "tentatively" been found and its existence is only "virtually" certain.

I think it is believed that it is responsible for the maintenance of the universe (the ship) and its equipment.

The Mad Scientist in the studio was Prof. Heinz Wolff (85) who came equipped with a pebble and one of those torches the serious motorist carries in his car which he shone on Paxman's trouser leg. He pretended to throw the pebble at Paxman which was intended to show that if it wasn't for this tentative discovery it would not hurt.

For those interested in getting up to speed the Newsnight i-player is available. The explanation is near the end. It followed a much longer item about sexy high-heel shoes and the market penetration they aim to achieve.

It seems to be the case that there are other similar particles which await discovery when all of Europe's energy supplies are channeled to Geneva. These quasi-spiritual entities are obviously capable of multiplying and possibly indefinitely.

Anyone who thinks that their energy bills are too high or that global warming is creeping up from the shadows too fast should be comforted by it all being in a good cause. The funding is derived from "international collaboration" which is at least as mysterious as the daily doings of sub-atomic thingies. Perhaps more so.

0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 13 Oct, 2013 06:59 am
@MontereyJack,
some guy has a story about the flood. I don't know, maybe hes got something . Im getting like RL and his "Argumentum via camera lucida"
cicerone imposter

Sun 13 Oct, 2013 07:47 am
@farmerman,
So, the answer is "it was a small world" back then. Okay. They could have said that in 2 minutes.
farmerman

Sun 13 Oct, 2013 08:09 am
@cicerone imposter,
but you wouldn't benefit of all the resewrch he did to arrive at that. SCience often can be boringly complete
cicerone imposter

Sun 13 Oct, 2013 12:09 pm
@farmerman,
The idea of local floods were already contemplated by many.
spendius

Sun 13 Oct, 2013 02:03 pm
@farmerman,
Science is never complete. The story has nothing to do with whether there was a flood or not you foolish moocow.

You want it to be about a flood so you can prove there wasn't any flood from the geological record, which allows you to strut your stuff on such matters, and thus prove the Bible is a load of bollocks and should, as such, be ignored and especially those parts which condemn pantsdown goings on of the lower middle class variety.

Buy one--get one free. Don't think I can't see the power of the magnet in it. I repented. Besides--I think going through life with one fixed set of ideas is no good.
cicerone imposter

Sun 13 Oct, 2013 02:07 pm
@spendius,
farmerman may be a cow, but you're an idiot! It's not only about a world flood of the bible. There are too many contradictions, errors, and omissions for it to be authored by any god or gods. The loving god of the bible doesn't exist; it's a figment of people's imagination. Why people continue to pray to some magpie in the sky is "the" mystery, because prayers do not work. That's been proven by research at several prominent universities. But people continue to pray. In wars and sports, both side pray for victory.

They are all contradictions.
spendius

Sun 13 Oct, 2013 02:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
That's been proven by research at several prominent universities.

Are you actually saying that Congress provided the money taken from the cash-strapped pockets of hard working taxpayers up and down the land in order to facilitate research of that nature. And several times as well.

No wonder you have such a low opinion of the fuckers.

I have seen a goalkeeper cross himself a number of times before the game starts and at the end his side have lost 4--0.

It depends what you mean by praying.
0 Replies

spendius

Sun 13 Oct, 2013 03:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
"They say, prayer has the power to heal
So pray for me mother
In the human heart an evil spirit can dwell
I am tryin' to love my neighbor and do good unto others
But oh, mother, things ain't going well."

Bob Dylan - Ain't Talkin'
cicerone imposter

Sun 13 Oct, 2013 03:06 pm
@spendius,
Song lyrics are not facts. You probably didn't know that! LOL
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 15 Oct, 2013 01:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The idea of local floods were already contemplated by many
They were "contemplated" that's true, but without sustaining evidence(like Pittman and Ryan's view on the Caspian Flood and the closing of the MEd), contemplation is just that.
Pittman and Ryan did some of the best work on dating and cross evidencing geology with archaeology. Nifty and a good read.

0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 15 Oct, 2013 02:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Pssst, I think the best "evidence" on spendi's state of mind is just to read his run-on ramblings.
cicerone imposter

Tue 15 Oct, 2013 02:12 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
run-on ramblings
describe his posts perfectly! He's never aware of what he posts, because none of it make sense.
spendius

Tue 15 Oct, 2013 05:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
When did I claim they did?
cicerone imposter

Tue 15 Oct, 2013 07:00 pm
@spendius,
Touche! Mr. Green Laughing Shocked
0 Replies