Should I go on a date with this girl because of her history?

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 11:31 am
I talking to her on a dating site and we are supposed to meet Saturday. But we are friends on Facebook now and I am seeing all these posts and think she is having a mental breakdown. She told me she has a long history of mental issues. I dont think she is going to be mentally stable enough to go on a date Saturday
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 814 • Replies: 12
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 01:21 pm
@singlesucks13,
There’s lots of drama on FB.

What else do you have that makes you think she’s not “stable” enough to go on a date?

singlesucks13

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 03:01 pm
@PUNKEY,
She just told me today she is going to the ER for her mental breakdown. She said she doesnt want to wait for her therapist to help her. Sad
0 Replies

mystikmind

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 05:06 pm
@singlesucks13,
Its just a date, not a marriage ceremony!!
You made the date, man up and stick to it and show her a nice time.
You dont have to agree to another date after that.
singlesucks13

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 07:35 pm
@mystikmind,
I think I should wait till she is stable. Because she is currently at the hospital getting checked out because she had a mental breakdown today.
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 07:41 pm
@singlesucks13,
Yes. Give her some space right now.
0 Replies

mystikmind

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 08:34 pm
@singlesucks13,
As long as circumstance is the one breaking the date, then that's fine
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 11:52 am
@singlesucks13,
It's true you haven't made a first date yet and you are 1 million steps from calling this a committed relationship but let her decide if the date should go on or be outright canceled.

Starting a relationship (temporary or not starts a road of trust by saying 'You could be nuts and I don't plan on emotionally supporting you if we do start a relationship beyond a one or two date period).

If you drop the date? That's fine and your prerogative to do so. Be honest about it. Also, don't expect to date her when this crisis partially or fully resolves or just gets worse. That's not going to help anyone in this equation.

If you do go on the date? Don't hang it over her head like the Sword of Damocles. Just go to the date. Do the date activities and be there to support her if any lingering issues remain.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 11:56 am
@singlesucks13,
singlesucks13 wrote:

I think I should wait till she is stable. Because she is currently at the hospital getting checked out because she had a mental breakdown today.

Better yet. Cancel the date and meet her in a safe public space. The hospital (if and when she can take visitors). Show her some support. Even if you don't plan on actually dating her in the future. She probably could use a friendly ear to talk to. Consider it good karma farming.
singlesucks13

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 03:13 pm
@tsarstepan,
She got out yesterday and today she told me she has a probation officer because she lied about being raped. Lots of baggage from her.
roger

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 03:52 pm
@singlesucks13,
If that doesn't scare you off, nothing else will, either.
singlesucks13

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 03:59 pm
@roger,
She actually wasnt allowed to meet me anyway because even though shes 30 minutes away shes in a different state because she needed permission from her probation officer to leave the state. I found that out on Google.

Its because I wanted to get coffee with her in my city.
roger

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 09:01 pm
@singlesucks13,
The problem is not not being able to cross state lines. The problem is that she lied about having been raped. This girl is not for you. She is not for anyone, unless they really deserve to be accused of rape.
0 Replies