Islamic Creationism

goodfielder

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 07:39 am
An interesting section of the book by Guillaume contains this:

"A verse [from the Quran] which makes a great appeal to courteous and liberal-minded Muslims will make a fitting end to this anthology: 'Call men to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and goodly exhortation. Dispute with them in the most excellent way."
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 11:07 am
goodfielder wrote:
On the learning about Islam bit - good book I'm reading right now is Islam by Alfred Guillaume (mine is a Penguin paperback).

Here's a link to a sort of review

http://www.renaissance.com.pk/junbore20.htm

Yes, much can be learned from Guillaume. He is also often cited for this work.

"The Life of Muhammad", by A. Guillaume, which is a rendering of Ibn Ishaq's "Sirat Rasulallah", a biography of Muhammad written by an early Muslim scholar.

From Guillaume, op cit, page 369:

"The apostle said, "Kill any Jew that falls into your power." Thereupon Muhayyisa b. Masud leapt upon Ibn Sunayna, a Jewish merchant with whom they had social and business relations, and killed him. Huwayyisa was not a Muslim at the time though he was the elder brother. When Muhayyisa killed him Huwayyisa began to beat him, saying, 'You enemy of God, did you kill him when much of the fat on your belly comes from his wealth?" Muhayyisa answered, "Had the one who ordered me to kill him ordered me to kill you I would have cut your head off."

from Guillaume, op cit, page 665:

"....and Umm Qirfa Fatima was taken prisoner. She was a very old women, wife of Malik. Her daughter and Abdullah Masada were also taken. Zayd ordered Qays to kill Umm Qirfa and he killed her cruelly (Tabari, by putting a rope to her two legs and to two camels and driving them until they rent her in two.)

Source
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 11:53 am
muslim1 wrote:
Dear mesquite;

Thank you first of all for having a look on the Holy Qur'an. Yet, I don't know which translation are you using? I advice you the translation of Abdullah Yusuf Ali. The better situation will be to learn Arabic and read it in the language it was revealed with.

It is my opinion that any knowledge which is meant to be transmitted to us from a divine all powerful diety should not be so obscure and dependent on one language which itself has many dialects and has changed over time.

If you have a translation that provides a different meaning to the verses I cited, feel free to post them. I may have not quoted the entire verse in the interest of brevity, when the meaning would not be changed.

muslim1 wrote:
Let's examine your points one by one:

- Equality between men and women

In Islam, men and women are equal but not identical. Every one of the two sexes has physical and psycological particularities, every one has a role to play according to her/his capabilities. Yet, they are completely equal in rights and duties.

No, they are not treated equal, not even in their worth as witnesses.

muslim1 wrote:
- Inheritance

In Islam a woman has no financial obligation and the economical responsibility lies on the shoulders of the man. Before a woman is married it is the duty of the father or brother to look after the lodging, boarding, clothing and other financial requirements of the woman. After she is married it is the duty of the husband or the son. Islam holds the man financially responsible for fulfilling the needs of his family. In order to do be able to fulfill the responsibility the men get double the share of the inheritance.
For example, if a man dies leaving about 15 000 $. He has a son and a daughter. The son inherits 10 000 $ and the daughter only 5 000 $. Out of the 10 000 which the son inherits, as his duty towards his family, he may have to spend on them almost the entire amount or say about 8 000 and thus he has a small percentage of inheritance, say about 2 000, left for himself. On the other hand, the daughter, who inherits 5 000 is not bound to spend a single penny on anybody. She can keep the entire amount for herself. Would you prefer inheriting 10 000 $ and spending 8 000 from it, or inheriting 5 000 $ and having the entire amount to yourself?

For every example you can cite as above, I could make up one that would make the female more deserving, or needful. Having such archaic laws as part of religion is one of the problems keeping Islam in the dark ages.

muslim1 wrote:
- Pre-Islam practices

Of course Islam condemned pre-Islamic practices degrading and oppressing women, well said brother NewSoul. In fact, almighty God says in the Holy Qur'an:

"When the female (infant), buried alive, is questioned -
For what crime she was killed"

[Qur'an 81,8-9]

Before Islam, in the desert of Arabia, people used to bury their childs alive if they are females. If Islam came to degrade women why did it ban that horrible practice?

I cited a specific verse that degrades women and you ignored it, to mention other horrible practices. I could fill pages with horrible practices that occured during the formation of Islam and that are still condoned today under Shariah law.

muslim1 wrote:
- Women accepting or rejecting marriage

As my brother NewSoul said, Islam gave women the right to accept or reject a marriage proposal free from pressure. In fact, the prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), invalidated several marriages which were imposed on the ladies.

I quoted a specific reference to captives and you ignored it. I can understand why.

Quote:

I think there are many women here on A2K that may care to comment on those remarks.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 12:21 pm
" Islam, the only religion that doesn't blame Eve on Adam's sin, the only religion that doesn't compare Women to prostitutes. Muslim Women are so pure and so well educated. "

The only religion that doesnt compare women to prostitutes? So what are prostitutes (mainly) men? Are you saying that the Church of England equates all women with prostitutes?

This is just a typical example of confused and muddled thinking. I will not read the rest.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 12:23 pm
Do you see how women dree up these days ?
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 12:26 pm
Maybe I went too far on that one but it is true that a church can let women looking sexy wearing nothing and distract others when a place reserved for worship is only for worship and not for getting women's phone numbers.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 12:47 pm
NewSoul wrote:
Do you see how women dree up these days ?

Yes, that is disgusting. You guys really should do something about it.

http://asmallvictory.net/archives/afelec.jpg
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 12:48 pm
Mesquite,

I am a White American Muslim now and know exactly what is degrading a Woman and what is not the way you see it . Islam however, protect the dignity and rights of Women. A woman in the west these days is raped, get bit up by drunks, sleep with anybody, get paid for sex. A woman in the West world get cheated on, cheats, work for living, has to work when she is on her periods. A married Women get cheated on, get divorced, is unhappyand mostly has to fight for her rights. Even the word that used to call them is so degrading like " Bitches" ,"Toys" , "Babies", "Hoes" ...etc. Women in the West struggled a lot to get where she is now and still struggling because their lives are in Kheos, because of prostritution, Nakedness, clothes, Stripclubs, clubbing ....and all that. There is truely no peace in the way life seen by the West.

And all that because the laws of God were first enforced then corrupted by Man then Islam came back with the last Holy Book, the Quran and the teachings of the prophet to establish Islam in the World once again , to be witness on people in the day of judgment.... Know that God is just and gave Man so many chances to come clean and submit to his laws. We didn't learn the lesson and corrupted it so now God sent his Message for the last time and protect it from any corruption and will be witness on all of us. Either comply with the Laws or refuse it.

I warn you from the Day of Judgment that will take 50,000 years. I hope you understand that it is after getting knowledge about Islam that you could judge it and not be blind and only repeat what was said to you by your parents, the Media because there is something called Culture that some who claim themselves are Muslims but are not live with and ISLAM. Islam came to fight any kind of different lifestyle because don't forget that GOD is the all knowing and the Wise and knows what is best for us to live in peace , honor and dignity and happiness. Yes, God loves us but he hates who is Evil and transgress his Laws and will punish them severely. It is so easy for him to wipe us out from the existence , don'`t forget that but he is patient until we come back to him he then will punish justly who deserve it.

I was just trying to help.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 12:57 pm
The Bible

Genesis 3:16 "Your husband shall be your master."

I Corinthians 11:3 "The head of woman is man."

11:10 "Women are under man's authority."

14:34 "Women are subordinate to men."

14:35-36 "Wives must submit and obey."

Ephesians 5:22-24 "Wives must submit and obey."

Deuteronomy 22:20-21 "If no proof of the girl's virginity can be found,

she shall be stoned to death."

1 Timothy 2:11-14 and 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

"Let women learn in silence, with subjection and humility.

Never let women teach men or have authority over men.

Women must be silent in church meetings.

This is because Adam came first, then Eve, and it was Eve who

was first deceived by Satan, and sin was the result."

Numbers 31:14-18, 32-46

"Moses was angry with the army commanders who let women live. Women are the cause of plagues and sin. Moses commanded that all women who had experienced sexual intercourse be killed, but the soldiers could keep the virgins 'for their own use.' When the war booty was counted, the virgin girls were treated like sheep, oxen and donkeys. The young women were counted and used like animals, as the Lord directed."
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 12:59 pm
Read this and don't tell me it is not in your Bible.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 01:08 pm
Do you know that KING JAMES was GAY ???

Hasn't anybody ever told people that the Bible you use, the King James Version, was put together by King James 1 who was a homosexual.?

The first edition of the English Bible commonly known as the "King James Version" was printed in 1611. King James VI & I of Great Britain

had sponsored the project, and the translators appropriately dedicated the new Bible to him. King James had already been involved in a love affair with one man, the Duke of Lennox, which provoked a rebellion in Scotland; his current lover in England was a young man whose special relationship with the king would earn him the Earldom of Somerset. By 1615, however, Somerset's fortunes declined and James succeeded in luring his most famous lover, George Villiers, later Duke of Buckingham, into bed. What are we to make of these relationships between King James and his so-called "favorites?" Many earlier historians treated the subject with shock, disdain, and denial.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 01:14 pm
Could you trust a HOMOSEXUAL on something as serious as the HOLY BOOK OF GOD.

I WARN YOU FROM YOU FALSEHOODs. I WARN YOU FROM CLAIMING THAT GOD INSPIRED A GAY GUY OF WRITING THE BIBLE.
HOMOSEXUALITY IS THE WORSE OF BEHAVIORS THAT GOD HATES MOST.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 01:26 pm
raheel wrote:
4:11 Allah chargeth you concerning (the provision for) your children: to the male the equivalent of the portion of two females, and if there be women more than two, then theirs is two-thirds of the inheritance, and if there be one (only) then the half.

but this only applies to when a will is not made. if a will is drawn up a person can leave their money to who ever they want. the men need the money because they bear the financial responsibilities.

That sounds more like wishful thinking than what the verse actually says. Is what you have written from an official interpretation?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 01:34 pm
oh yes i forgot, muslims have a real downer on homosexuals.

did I know king james 1 was bisexual? yes

does that mean king james version of the bible is contaminated? of course not

and stop the capitals
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 01:36 pm
Mesquite, I don't think you are looking for the truth. As long as you don't face the Mess that you are in and don't try to get to the right path rather than be blind and take whatever your Christians brothers tell you you will be a LOSER in the eyes of GOD.
Follow a BIBLE written by a GAY GUY if that is what your faith is. I have tried to show you the way but it is only GOD who can guide and I have only done my part.

Here are some Old Testament verses that come directly from the Bible that preachers refuse to quote publicly, proving that they selectively pick and choose verses out of context which justify their personal bigotry against gay and lesbian people. Take a look for yourself...

Some preachers often quote Leviticus 20:13 against gay and lesbian people, which says...

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:13)

Let's now take a look at other verses that are in the same book as the above verse. This exercise proves that those preachers who are so enthusiastic about quoting Leviticus 20:13 become awfully quiet when it comes to other verses. Far from being about faith, this is really about the desires of certain preachers to promote religious prejudice against gay and lesbian people...

"For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him." (Leviticus 20:9)

Imagine what would happen today if we killed every child who was disrespectful to his parents. Most preachers conveniently choose to ignore this verse, which is merely 3 verses before Leviticus 20:13.

"If a man lies with a woman during her sickness and uncovers her nakedness, he has discovered her flow, and she has uncovered the flow of her blood. Both of them shall be cut off from her people." (Leviticus 20:18)

Imagine what would happen today if we deported every man and woman who had ever had sex together while the woman was having her period (which is exactly what the above verse commands). Most preachers choose to ignore this verse, which is merely 5 verses after Leviticus 20:13.

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property." (Leviticus 25:44-45)

Did you ever wonder where racist Southerners and even the Supreme Court in the 1800's got the idea that slaves were just "property" and not people?

From the above verse, which most preachers, in their picking and choosing, choose to completely ignore. Or, maybe someone should ask those preachers if they support slavery, as does this verse.

Those Southerners were still racist, even though they were quoting the Bible to support their racism, just like some preachers quote Leviticus 20:13 to support THEIR bigotry against gay and lesbian people.

"Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." (Leviticus 19:27)

Almost no preacher has never preached against the evils of shaving as they choose to completely ignore this verse as well. But that's what many anti-gay preachers do...they pick and choose what to believe. So much for being a "Bible believing" Christian, as many often claim to be.

"At the end of every seven years you must cancel debts." (Deuteronomy 15:1)

Imagine the chaos that would befall the American economy if the United States Government decided to "cancel" all debts every seven years. It would be an unmitigated disaster, which is probably why most anti-gay preachers quietly choose to ignore this verse, too.

"If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of the town. They shall say to the elders, 'This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard.' Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death..." (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)

If anti-gay preachers were to tell parents to bring their disrespectful children to City Hall headquarters to be stoned, they'd probably lose their entire following, which is why they also choose to ignore this verse, too.

"...do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear material woven of two kinds of material." (Leviticus 19:19)

Farmers in this country almost always grow more than one kind of crop in their fields, so most anti-gay preachers choose to ignore this verse as well. If they were to preach against farmers, they'd be in an uproar.

Most anti-gay preachers also ignore the Biblical command to not wear clothes that have two different kinds of material. I could be wrong, but the shirts that these preachers are often seen wearing must be a cotton/polyester blend, the most common in the United States of America. Yes, they choose to ignore this verse, too. "Bible believing" Christians? Hardly. They're one of those "pick and choose" Christians.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 01:43 pm
So these same Preachers who claiming they are guiding to the truth of GOD are liar and use only verses fit with their speeches and forget about others who talk totally against what there lie is about.
HEre is a big contradiction. Preachers priests or whoever are using a GAY GUY's BIBLE to talk against HOMOSEXUALITY.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 01:47 pm
isnt friday the day you lot shut up and pray?
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 01:52 pm
Steve, are you a preacher because I could understand your lies but not with me. I examined so carefully the BIBLEs ( Plurial) and Found out that Islam is the truth and the BIBLE is Contaminated and not sure where the truth is in it. I believe that it was a Holy book from GOD sent with Jesus but I truely believe that Man rewrited it and is not God's Laws. There are a lot of similarities between Christianity and Islam and Islam is last with the Quran that is authentic for more than 1400 years. Before you think that I am imposing on you Islam , read your Bible carefully and Read the Quran. You will find so much confusion because it is a Mix of Man writing and Laws of God but the Quran is just the Holy Book with true words from GOD.

I am here only to guide you as I was guided by a Sister. I have struggled, read and learned until I got to this point . and Everything makes sense in Islam even though I thought it was Strange at first.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 02:01 pm
" the BIBLE is Contaminated "

oh please give it a rest

tomorrow is saturday. we can all have a lay in bed, except for jews who have to be up early.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 02:09 pm
Steve, why do you bother to even answer these red-eyed raving fanatic zealots? If this is a battle of wits, you're fighting an unarmed man.
0 Replies