trespassers will

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:00 pm
[deleted]
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:00 pm
Breaking News on Fox!!!
Saddam Hussein is in control of his military
Quite an achievement by the US intelligence. If they had just asked me if would have told them that Saddam was the leader of Iraq. They wouldn't have lost crucial time to find out.
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:02 pm
I thought you only listened to what Al Jazeera says regarding this war.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:02 pm
Dys

We anticipate it will take at least twenty years to "Liberate" the country and to recoup the cost of the war for the US taxpayers. Also it may take twenty years to dig Saddam from his "rat hole".

You just can't forcast the time required for these matters.

Actually it will be pretty funny if Peter Arnett is forced to stay in Baghdad to get the "Rest of the Story".
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:04 pm
TPYWPAH - you add nothing to the nothingness of hate!
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:05 pm
trespasserswill,

this is the kind of arrogance cum cynicism that brings on anti-Americanism.

Quote:
Seriously, that would be wise if the death of the bear were the least bit in question. In this case, it is not.
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:10 pm
Kara wrote:
trespasserswill,

Quote:
Seriously, that would be wise if the death of the bear were the least bit in question. In this case, it is not.

Yeah, anti-Americanism is all my fault.

Kara, you seem like a nice, intelligent person. Do you actually think there is ANY question as to whether the US and UK led coalition will prevail over Saddam's forces? Any? Seriously????

It is neither arrogance nor cynicism to recognize the massive military advantage we have over Saddam. Those who hate America neither need nor want any help from me.

And I'd appreciate you steppin' off my back now. :wink:
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:11 pm
trespassers will wrote:
I thought you only listened to what Al Jazeera says regarding this war.

My advantage is that i understand more than one language. This gives me the opportunity to check, double check and triple check the news i read/watch.

I know you are not happy with the pictures Al Jazeera shows to the public. We see thousands of real deads every year. So why is the footage of some American casualties so shocking? Al Jazeera shows the other side of the story. They interview the people without a interpretator/translator, so people are more willing to tell the truth. They are the only newschannel in Basra. They are not embedded with the Iraqi army so i think their position is more biased than the Western press.

BTW, my "Breaking News on Fox" was a JOKE!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:13 pm
Al Jazeera is actually from Qatar.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:17 pm
trespassers will wrote:
That's only because the Dutch are such lousy bear hunters. :wink:

The last wild bear was shot in The Netherlands in the Middle Ages, which proves exactly the opposite Laughing
0 Replies

perception

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:19 pm
Kara wrote:
trespasserswill,

Quote:

Damn TW---haven't you learned that the only people on this forum who are allowed to be cynical are those in the Anti-American, Anti-war or Anti-Bush camp. Oh BTW-they are the only true American Patriots.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:27 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
trespassers will wrote:
That's only because the Dutch are such lousy bear hunters. :wink:

The last wild bear was shot in The Netherlands in the Middle Ages, which proves exactly the opposite Laughing

And it also shows that you aren't familiar with the etnic groups in Europe. Not only the Dutch speak Dutch. Not only the French speak French and not only the Germans speak German.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:38 pm
The following is the signature of one the most negative members of this forum and the quote by Jefferson fits right in.

Ignorance is preferable to error, and
He is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than
He who believes what is wrong."
-Thomas Jefferson (Notes on Virginia, 1782

The premise here being that if you know nothing you cannot ever be wrong or make a mistake. This is very much in keeping with Jefferson's behavior toward his slaves and his desire to keep them ignorant.

Jefferson was a great man but contradictory in his actions---keeping slaves.

Yes I know what the real premise is but just my way of proving there are at least two sides to every story and every position and that I am willing to see both sides but many here are not.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:41 pm
perception wrote:
The following is the signature of one the most negative members of this forum and the quote by Jefferson fits right in.

Ignorance is preferable to error, and
He is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than
He who believes what is wrong."
-Thomas Jefferson (Notes on Virginia, 1782

The premise here being that if you know nothing you cannot ever be wrong or make a mistake. This is very much in keeping with Jefferson's behavior toward his slaves and his desire to keep them ignorant.

Jefferson was a great man but contradictory in his actions---keeping slaves.

Yes I know what the real premise is but just my way of proving there are at least two sides to every story and every position and that I am willing to see both sides but many here are not.

This, perception, seems to be more than just out of the topic!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:45 pm
If the shoe fits - wear them, only you can put them on Mr. Most Negative member!
0 Replies

perception

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:49 pm
LOL---- Mr. Green
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:55 pm
BBC: The US military plans to double its troop strength in Iraq to about 200,000 in the next month, US officials say

Seems like the Rummy planning isn't working.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:55 pm
let's keep the thread readable. if you dislike someone personnally, that's what the PMs are for. or just deal with it yourself , but don't air it on the thread. the rules for the debate in the politics forum were posted just yesterday in one of the posts, do go back and re-read them.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:57 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
let's keep the thread readable. if you dislike someone personnally, that's what the PMs are for. or just deal with it yourself , but don't air it on the thread. the rules for the debate in the politics forum were posted just yesterday in one of the posts, do go back and re-read them.

hail hail :wink:
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 04:57 pm
Richard Perle one of the Bush masterminds of the Iraq invasion has just tendered his resignation -- MSNBC
0 Replies