The US, UN & Iraq II

perception

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:37 pm
LittleK

Are you another of those souls whose brain was fried by the "hanging chads" during the 2000 election? Oh I forgot it was a conspiracy by nine of the best legal minds in the world---get over it.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:37 pm
I sense hot percolation off-stage here.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:40 pm
I'm not sure if the info was a quote from an officer, I don't read you know.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:43 pm
"...They were supported by US Navy aircraft which dropped 40,000 pounds of explosives and napalm, a US officer told the Herald..."
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:44 pm
I was joking
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:45 pm
the report is on CNN-UK
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:45 pm
Where do you find your best news sources?

This from Arab News:

Quote:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:48 pm
kara - I check into BBC, NPR and do google searches.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:49 pm
What, in the name of all that is holy, is road food?

Either, I assume, it must be what Bertha and Fred provide in their diner on Highway 1 (we have no highway 2 or 3, just 1, being a humble country) or it is anything found under the wheels while driving down the non-optional, but magnificently scenic, number 1.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:51 pm
Kara, I heard on the radio (NPR) a description of a mushroom cloud but no one seemed to pick up on it. That was much earlier today, though I've had the radio on in the background most of the time and can't remember exactly when...

LittleK -- Most people from Boston/Cambridge can read. I knew that. What I can't imagine is a taco place in Harvard Square. There used to be a Chinese restaurant which used so much MSG that we'd go reeling out of there....
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:52 pm
In Canada, road food is what you find on the road, right?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:53 pm
In re the mushroom cloud - I heard that on npr too. The MOAB will make a huge mushroom cloud of dust (I pressume) without being terribly toxic. Just big, loud and devastating.

The Hong Kong?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:53 pm
ehehe, my brain was freedom-fried! no less! for news try also www.mediachannel.com one of the best information web pages I have ever encountered. I have heard about a web from Baghdad, kept up by one guy who goes by Bolh, or Holg, or Golbh or something like that. Does anyone know the link? That is if the web is still up, it may have been cut by now.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:54 pm
It might be wise to hold any urge to form conclusions about the "death and destruction". It may be difficult to find any women and children supposedly killed by the bombs. I remind you of a story of the Iraqi information ministry loading independent journalists on a bus to show the death and destruction of the first attack. They drove around for about an hour and never did find the destruction.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:55 pm
right, and maybe we should hold our assumption that there are scud missiles being fired and burning oil wells as well.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:56 pm
Given that road food is the pancaked gloop...may I enquire as to how one goes about judging quality?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:56 pm
taste it?
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:58 pm
Tartarin wrote:

In Canada, road food is what you find on the road, right?

You might be thinking of "road kill"----Oh well different strokes for different folks.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:59 pm
yay, perception has a sense of humor!
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 10:59 pm
I just watched "Fast Runner" last night, Blatham, and have had some. uh, fresh ideas about your cuisine!
0 Replies