The US, UN & Iraq II

Tartarin

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 11:00 pm
yay, perception has a sense of humor!

Where? Where?
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 11:03 pm
tartarin, that was some film, right? I liked it for the first hour or two, then was unsure. The critics loved it, which is always a problem.

An interesting news source: http://www.arabnews.com/
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 11:04 pm
LittleK wrote;

"right, and maybe we should hold our assumption that there are scud missiles being fired and burning oil wells as well".

Saddam fired those scuds that Bix couldn't find and he fired those wells that he told Dan Rather he wouldn't. I heard Rather damn near commited suicide because Saddam lied to him.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 11:07 pm
This old man is off to bed----the wife "may not" have a headache tonight.............................
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 11:09 pm
hmmmm, putine... that i would taste any time! even at 3am. even now! or now! n n nnn now!

we will never know the number of civillian casualties. there can only be educated or less educated guesses. the war will bring deaths from starvation and dehydratation, those will certainly not be counted in. just tried to listen to radio bahrain, but they do not speak a tongue i know. can't find that web i wanted anywhere!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 11:12 pm
there are things i just don't wanna know...
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 11:19 pm
laugh

I haven't seen the film yet. I do kayak, as I am a mere two blocks from the ocean and can just carry it down on my shoulder, and drop it into English Bay. But a twenty minute paddle takes me not to an ice flow and seal meat, but to a very nice outdoor market where I buy donuts dripping as much fat as any seal.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 11:35 pm
holly cow, now i must run and have one of them lean pockets!!! (sadly there is absolutely nothing else have-able in this house).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 11:42 pm
perception, my point was that unless we are standing there in baghdad, we'll never know the details. EVEN if we were standing in Baghdad we couldn't know them all.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 07:00 am
Saddam is either dead or in hiding .............
how do we save the people from the tyrant bush????????????

Read raed
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 07:06 am
The Australian ABC had a human shield on the phone in an interview this morning. He said there was a lot of residential destruction. They intend to make the truth of what's going on be told. I wonder if they'll be allowed ?
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 07:15 am
Bush will save Iraq from Saddam . who will save the world from Bush!!!
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 07:24 am
The world as we know it will never be the same, Doug. It changed utterly on Wednesday when armed might replaced the rules of moral and international law.

There have been no new posts from salam pax. One must be concerned for her safety.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 07:34 am
Not if this shaky old man can help it ..... I still have my mind.

http://counterpunch.org/katz02282003.html
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 08:31 am
Gosh---I wake up this morning and find that fried brains proliferate.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 08:31 am
Two reasons why I don't care for Tommy Franks -- one silly and one not silly.

1. He pronounces the final "s" the way Bush does, with a self-conscious, preacherly little lilt.

2. He shows no respect for the enemy. They are scum, dismissable. Good generals respect -- or at least show respect for -- their counterparts. But we are treated to a kind of arrogance, hubris, which (I'm glad to say) carries within it the prospect of a downfall.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 08:35 am
I love Dag's posts, particularly as fatigue takes over. I'm going to go back through this thread and cut and paste them into what will be a poem on my hard drive. The poem will end with:

"holly cow, now i must run
and have one of them
lean pockets."
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 08:54 am
As does brain cell death due to inhalng one's own flatus ..........
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 08:55 am
Cat's outta da bag, guys. Tommy Franks, when asked what happens if Saddam is found to have been killed -- regime change has been accomplished -- said they will continue "to the end." Hmmm. Bait. Switch. Accomplish imperial goals.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:22 am
Tartarin wrote:

Two reasons why I don't care for Tommy Franks -- one silly and one not silly.

1. He pronounces the final "s" the way Bush does, with a self-conscious, preacherly little lilt.

Is this one of the "ISSUES" you want to discuss? Next you will want to criticise the color of his socks or some other "Profound" Issue
0 Replies