The US, UN & Iraq II

timberlandko

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 06:49 pm
The take on the Kuwait explosion is that is was indeed an Iraqi missile. An investigation is ongoing. Little damage, other than to perhaps a carreer or two.
0 Replies

8shortydogs

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 07:01 pm
Hi Everyone,
First of all. I do not have a computer anymore as I had to give it up in a divorce, I don't have a T.V. cuz I cannot afford one, I have no furniture, food, or anything considered security in one's apinoion. The one thing is that I have wonderful friends in which I visit as much as possible, especially here, as my most prized posession (a dog ) named Shorty is living for the interim. I would like to give my opionion re-garding the war and the goings n. As I should probably not have an opinion, I am unable to follow it daily, what I have to tell you all that are opposed to the war. My father died on Feb 21st. He was a Major/Gunney Sgt in the U.S Marine Corps for 24 years. He was was in WWI, Korean War, and on Honolulu the day Pearl Harbor was BOMBED!! Believe me, I have heard and seen it all but second hand!!! Unfortunately, I lost my daddy and all his intellagence etc regarding war. As I am neither Democrat or Republican, I only have one thing to say! If I had t turn back the clock to election day and have an insight as to what is now taken place, I would have definatly voted for Bush without question!! I was lucky enough during the 911 terroist attacks to have access to TV and radio and followed the coverage at all times. You can all sit back and find and say Bush is a terroist and Boo Hoo of all the kllings of the Iraq people. I CAN ASSURE YOU, AFTER THE 911 attack, YOU CAN BET YOUR ASS NOT A TERRORIST AROUND BOO HOOED FOR US!!! hurray TO bUSH. iT WAS EITHER THIS CURCUMSTANCE OR SIT BACK AND TAKE IT UP THE ASS PRN (means as needed) THE AFTERMATH WILL PROVE WE ARE NOONE TO MESS WITH. WE HAVE RESPECT!!!! WHAT MORE DO YOU ANTI-WAR PEOPLE WANT? THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 07:17 pm
Doha, Qatar:: Michael Voss:: 2110 GMT (BBC)

Eight days of fighting and the end is not in sight. Iraqi resistance has been dogged and at times dirty, using civilians for cover and hospitals and health clinics as weapons sites.

Despite fierce fighting, coalition troops remain in control of key bridges across the Euphrates but are paying a price to keep the supply lines open.

Already some fifty British and American servicemen have died. With the sandstorms over, air superiority may help to turn the tide. Military planners must now decide whether to push ahead in the battle for Baghdad or wait for reinforcements to arrive.

To the people here who continue to assume and even accuse those against the war as saddam supporters:

I did not want this war. I thought the sanctions could continue to work. Granted they may have been progressing speedily because the US was breathing down the backs of the iraqi leaders.

I did not want this war because I think that it will lead to further terrorist attempts against us as well as against our allies.

But, there's a point that you all keep missing. I didn't want this war because I knew that it would force saddam's hand. That a desperate megalomaniac is one of the most dangerous creatures on earth. I have no doubt that he will use any means possible to defend himself. As we have had nuclear amrs for decades without using them, maybe he would have too. But, now, there will be no holds barred.

Saddam isn't dumb, he's crazy.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 07:25 pm
Quote:
At least six have been destroyed, some by GPS-Guided munitions.
and hopefully the Russian technicians who were sent to operate the jammers!

That's sick
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 07:25 pm
steve, I agree it was a bit disturbing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 07:35 pm
It is sad that it is not uncommon to wish calamity and misfortune to those who have incurred our anger. That has a lot to do with why war is so unpleasant, I suspect.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 07:41 pm
Perception I have just deleted a post as not fitting to civilised discussion regarding your wish for dead Russians.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 07:47 pm
"War means fighting and fighting means killing"
(A Civil War general said that but I forget which one)

Preceptions coment on the assumed Russian technicians is unfortunate but it illustrates the level to which war takes us. We should keep in mind that the peace we get at the end will be determind by the kind of war we fight.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 07:48 pm
Steve

For you to criticise me for wishing misfortune on our enemies( Russia has now proven they are our enemies by support ofSaddam and selling him arms for the past 12 against UN sanctions) is the height of hypocracy. You have filled page after page of this forum with your desires for the failure of this administration and the Administration of your own PM at any cost. You knew full well that if we failed it meant the deaths of thousands of our and your own troops. Please don't be sanctimonious with me when your desires are disgustingly odious.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 07:52 pm
hypothetical situation-if in fact the gps jammers are of russian manufacture and russian technicians are operating them, the russians are not neutral and as such are legitimate targets.

just an observation.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 07:53 pm
8Shortydogs

Welcome to the emotion pit---you are right on with your comments and I hope some of the participants will take note.

BTW---sorry about your loss---hope you can put it behind you and recover soon.
Sincerely
Perception
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:07 pm
Steve

I further posit that many of your posts for the past several hundred pages were carefully crafted with intent to inflame the emotions of all Bush supporters----I'm sure you will deny this allegation but just go back and look at your posts. Those posts that did not directly seek to imflame were merely attempts to appeal to like thinking participants to turn this forum into a support group for anti-war fanatics.

Do you dare deny it?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:08 pm
littlek wrote:
steve, I agree it was a bit disturbing

A lot of disturbing things going on right now.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:08 pm
perc, I understand where you're coming from, believe me. Still, The Russian Government may be uninvolved in any proveable way. They're masters of that game. Russian-Owned Private Sector Entities, however, may be expected to incur significant inconvenience. Russian Governments are and long have been noted for ruthless disaproval of official embarrasment or inconvenience. The issue likely will have little long term effect on the relationship of the two countries by itself. There are matters which require and will receive greater attention, while an export broker or CEO or two takes it in the shorts to mollify the Americans.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:09 pm
Timber re Rumsfeld's comments today about Syria, i would posture that he might very well be correct in a strictly military sense but in any political sense was way off base. the muslim world as well as the non-coalition world will see those remarks as evidence of direct threat that anyone that gets in Rumsfelds way will become a target. we certainly don't need to increase fear and loathing further isolating and intrenching our opposition.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:14 pm
TO THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD

This is the story that must be told
of an Iraqi baby, not very old.

Lying in her crib one star lit night
How could she know of those planes in flight?

She lay there quietly touching her nose,
Watching her mobile, wiggling her toes,

Oohing and cooing, so sweetly is she,
Talking to someone, who could it be?

An angel is standing with her in the room.
The baby is smiling, unaware of her doom.

The crib starts to shake and the mobile goes round.
And suddenly comes a most deafening sound.

The ceiling drops in, in a second or two ...
On top of her crib so she ceases to coo ...

No one knows how long she lie there
Who thought about it? doesn't anyone care?

Is she alive? is she dead? Is she in any pain?
Now that you mention it, who knows her name?

Her name is Amal. In English we say Hope.
Crushed between the rubble, her tiny fingers start to grope.

Where is my mommy? I love her so dear
Come, get me mommy! It's dark in here!

I'm scared and I'm hungry and I can't see my feet.
There's blood in my mouth! Give me something to eat!

Where is my daddy? Where's my big brother?
It hurts when I breath! Where is my mother?!

How long have I been here? Is this just a dream?
I open my mouth, but can't even scream.

That angel appears once again to my side,
This time with a tear I plead Why have I died?

Am I alone in my sufferings? No, there are many others.
In our grief and our misery, we are sisters and brothers.

Who are we? I ask you ... for what crime did we die?
They're throwing a party! Doesn't anyone cry?!

Is it True? Am I nothing?! How could it be?
Don't they also have babies, just like me?

It is war they say, of which death is part.
How blind they've become, How hardened of heart.

Did someone say hero? To whom do they speak?
A victory claimed for killing the weak?!

Why are they happy? Why are they proud?
Don't they know that I'm cold in my burial shroud?!

No war has been won; No ifs, buts, or maybes,
For Saddam Still Lives
They've Only Killed Babies!!!!

Author unknown. If you know the author click the link.
Iraq Resource Information Site
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:17 pm
Wilso wrote:

Why hold back Wilso? Why not just let go in similar fashion to your PMs to me----Oh don't worry I won't complain officially because I recognize your lack of ability to express yourself.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:20 pm
Timber

Yes I agree--- The president presented harsh diplomatic words to Putin and Putin will eventually find a scapegoat to slap on the hands. In the meantime they will continue as before.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:23 pm
perception wrote:
Wilso wrote:

Why hold back Wilso? Why not just let go in similar fashion to your PMs to me----Oh don't worry I won't complain officially because I recognize your lack of ability to express yourself.

I just decided not to waste my time with sick twisted minds.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 08:26 pm
Careful with the sticks now ...
0 Replies