Mueller: No further indictments

DrewDad

Reply Wed 27 Mar, 2019 11:48 am
@Baldimo,
Sad that you can't deal with criticism.

Authoritarianism is simultaneously pathetic and terrifying.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 27 Mar, 2019 12:05 pm
@DrewDad,
As for no further indictments:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/27/mueller-grand-jury-1238861

Quote:
Mueller grand jury 'continuing robustly,' prosecutor says

The revelation — while laced with uncertainty — indicates that the ongoing cases Mueller handed off could still feature significant developments, legal experts said.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 27 Mar, 2019 01:50 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
As for no further indictments:

Keep beating a dead horse. To Hell with the country.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 09:34 am
coldjoint

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 09:42 am
@tsarstepan,
A video that begins with Brian Williams screams 0 credibility. Thanks anyway.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 11:30 am
@tsarstepan,
Brilliant. Life without humorists would be intolerable.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 01:04 pm
@DrewDad,
Thanks drew dad. I saw this yesterday and wanted to post it on this site but don't know how to transfer information from one site to another. So glad there are rational people like you to counter the trumpies who post their leaders blatant lie's.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 01:25 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
rational people like you to counter the trumpies who post their leaders blatant lie's.

Rational proven liars, are still liars. You should know that. Why do you bother anymore? Your lies are out in the open, both in the news and on this forum. Keep spamming.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 03:23 pm
This wasent on fox news so of course he wouldent be aware of this bit of news.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 04:07 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
This wasent on fox news so of course he wouldent be aware of this bit of news.

What have they been lying about for 3 years? Oh yeah, that has been proven false?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2019 08:34 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
When most of your associates go to jail i tend to believe that the guy who hired them is also a crook. Hell he has been a crook at his fathers knee. After 2020 we will see if the ongoing investigations put his crooked a$$ in jail. Do they have a presidential cell in San Quentin.

You have falsely implied that someone was convicted of a crime connected with a crime committed by president Trump. This is untrue. No such conviction exists. If you disagree, you only have to cite the conviction, which you are clearly unable to do.
hightor

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2019 03:25 pm
Russians Always Knew There Was No Collusion

The Kremlin’s allies and its opponents alike have been baffled by America’s Russia obsession. Can we ever look at the U.S. the same way again?

Quote:
MOSCOW — Russians weren’t waiting for Robert Mueller’s report with quite the same excitement as Americans.

Russian state media’s coverage of Donald Trump’s campaign and presidency has vacillated between breathless adoration, mockery and outrage, but one thing has been consistent: The idea of Russia electing and controlling an American president has always been deemed absurd. Most references to the Mueller inquiry and the Trump-Russia story in state media are preceded by a qualifier: “the so-called Russia investigation,” as the prominent TV host Dmitry Kiselyov puts it.

It’s not just the state media that has rejected the idea that Mr. Trump colluded with Russia. Even liberals and opponents of President Vladimir Putin have been deeply skeptical, pointing out that Russia’s ruling circles are barely competent enough to prop themselves up, let alone manipulate a superpower.

When the news broke last week that Mr. Mueller had finished his report, Moscow’s political and media circles reacted with a mixture of contempt and derision. Far from being a top news story, it was practically forgotten after a few angry comments from state officials. Coverage focused far more on the coming election in Ukraine.

Alexey Pushkov, a former diplomat and a political analyst, tweeted to his 360,000 followers on Tuesday, following the release of Attorney General William Barr’s summary of the report: “The results of Mueller’s investigations are a disgrace to the U.S. and their political elite. It’s now confirmed that all their allegations have been plucked out of thin air. The media have played a shameful role of lie-mongers in a campaign built on lies. The adherants of this conspiracy theory are discredited. Only an idiot can believe them now.”

To the Kremlin and its supporters, Russia is the aggrieved party here, and the government’s consistent denials of interfering in America’s internal affairs have been fully vindicated. Appearing on the Russian talk show “60 Minutes,” Maria Zakharova, a spokeswoman for the foreign ministry, said the ministry was preparing a report to name and shame the “brigade of propagandists” — pointing at, among others, Fareed Zakaria — who tried to tie Mr. Trump to Russia. She added that “apologies are expected.”

These commentaries conveniently focused on the portions of Mr. Barr’s summary of the report that ruled out the Trump team’s coordination with Russian operatives, and they disregarded the fact that the full report has not been released. Other important portions of the report, which reached the unequivocal conclusion — also supported by independent investigations, including in Russian media — that there were, indeed, Russian efforts to influence the 2016 American election, went completely ignored.

But while government officials and state media tell one-sided stories and revel in “I-told-you-sos,” liberal Russians like myself and many of the people I know are less joyous. Online and in private conversations, it becomes clear that whatever the outcome of the Mueller investigation, our relationship with America has changed.

We’ve seen anti-Russian xenophobia spread into the American mainstream. Etched in our minds are comments like the one James Clapper, the former director of national intelligence, made in an interview when he said that Russians are “almost genetically driven to co-opt, penetrate, gain favor, whatever.

This climate hasn’t just offended us; it’s making our ability to communicate and share experiences with Americans more difficult. Take the example of Leonid Volkov, an opposition political operative who went to the United States last year as part of the Yale World Fellows program. In a blog post he wrote while there, he described his frustration while trying to monitor the midterm elections to gain insight for his own campaigns in Russia. The very idea of a Russian volunteering for an American political campaign is today so toxic, Mr. Volkov wrote, that he had to abandon his plan.

In the atmosphere where “contacts with Russians” has become cause for suspicion, every bank transaction and visa application faces extra scrutiny. I’ve heard from people I know about how exchange programs, conferences and businesses are suffering.

To those of us who paid attention to American media and politics over the past two years, it quickly became clear that too many in the United States know nothing about our country. Ominous images of onion-shaped domes taking over the White House baffled us; St. Basil’s Cathedral is not part of the Kremlin complex and has no political connotation. The ubiquity of hammers and sickles in visuals accompanying Trump-Russia reports seemed likewise absurd. Our country hasn’t been Communist for about 30 years.

We have few illusions about our own government, its dirty dealings abroad or our own toxic media. But we expected better of America.

Oleg Kashin, a prominent Russian journalist, wrote in a 2017 op-ed essay that “every time a Russian television network or pro-Kremlin newspaper reaches a new low, it was once commonplace among independent thinkers to say that the Western media giants never allowed themselves such mistakes.” That’s much harder to do now.

The end of the Mueller investigation and the conclusion that the Trump campaign didn’t collude with Russia may allow Washington and Moscow to begin to try to fix diplomatic and business relations. I’d be glad to see that. But my perception of the United States’ politics and media might have suffered irreparable damage as a result of #Russiagate, and I’m afraid that’s the case for many people like me. Robert Mueller can’t fix that.

nyt/alexey kovalev

coldjoint

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2019 06:08 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Russians Always Knew There Was No Collusion

No ****, and the NYT Laughing Laughing Laughing knew it and did not care until now. Use that paper to start a fire or insulate the walls of a dog house. I can't think of what else it is good for.
hightor

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2019 07:00 pm
@coldjoint,
But "collusion" isn't really the issue:
Quote:
Collusion can lead to crime; conspiracy is a crime. Collusion is nowhere in the federal criminal statutes (it's only in antitrust, where it is a crime, but only there); conspiracy is right there at 18 U.S.C.§371.

ignorantia legis non excusat

The Russians described by the author are trying to use the lack of evidence of a "criminal conspiracy to defraud the electorate with the aid and assistance of an adversarial foreign government" as a total vindication of Trump. It isn't.

Quote:
These commentaries conveniently focused on the portions of Mr. Barr’s summary of the report that ruled out the Trump team’s coordination with Russian operatives, and they disregarded the fact that the full report has not been released. Other important portions of the report, which reached the unequivocal conclusion — also supported by independent investigations, including in Russian media — that there were, indeed, Russian efforts to influence the 2016 American election, went completely ignored.

coldjoint

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2019 07:05 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
It isn't.

Yes it is. Nothing will be found and the Democrats risk looking more stupid and dishonest than they already do. Not to mention the networks that pushed their lies. You are not taking this well. Sleeping OK?
hightor

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2019 06:03 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Yes it is.

Nope. Because there are other investigations in progress and he wasn't exonerated of possible obstruction of justice. A temporary relief, yes, but it's far from over.
Quote:
Sleeping OK?

Why wouldn't I? It's just politics.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2019 11:03 am
@hightor,
Quote:
of possible obstruction of justice.

And that is enough for the Democrats to put the needs of the country on hold? Try again.
hightor

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2019 12:15 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:

And that is enough for the Democrats to put the needs of the country on hold?

The "needs of the country" are being addressed and the important investigations are being carried out by the DoJ and the grand juries, not Congress. It's very possible that nothing implicating Trump will be found so just be patient and let justice take its course.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2019 12:21 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
not Congress.

That is laughable. The House is fixated on Trump. As far as the DOJ it will now be run like it supposed to, and persecution is not one of its functions.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2019 12:44 pm
@Brandon9000,
You seem to have a problem understanding written information. Nowhere did I say your hero Trump was convicted of a crime. What I said is he is a crook who hasent been convicted of a crime because he is a multimillionaire who can pay lawyers to keep his crooked a$$ out of jail. But that may change now that the New York prosecutors are looking into his past deals. And the fact that so many of his friends and companions have been sent to jail tells me he is also a crook. Your are judged by the company you keep.