Mueller: No further indictments

Baldimo

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2019 11:04 am
@neptuneblue,
You failed to read the last line in my comment, those were comments made by Muellers team on the day of the report release, not from Barr's summary a few days later.
oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2019 11:09 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
A four page Summary was released, not the report itself.

You don't have a right to receive any information about the Mueller Report at all.

That you were given a summary is a gift. That you will be given a redacted version of the report is another gift.

I see no basis for complaints.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2019 11:36 am
@Baldimo,
I must have missed the press briefing where Mueller's team came out to media coverage and expressed their views on the matter.

Can you please point that out to me?
Brand X

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2019 11:47 am
@mtracey

'Barr affirms his willingness to testify before the Judiciary Committees about all aspects of the Report once it is released. Also says he will work with Rep. Nadler to provide further information about redacted portions. Zero indication of any coverup or second-order conspiracy.'
Baldimo

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2019 12:02 pm
@neptuneblue,
I'm not surprised that you missed it, must have had your fingers in your ears singing "la la la la" on that Friday night. The MSM was quick to cover up that fact by screaming about the indictments that had taken place. Once again, no collusion between Trump, his campaign or any other American citizens, no further indictments.

RABEL222

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2019 02:19 pm
@Baldimo,
The only way that the majority of citizens will regain their government is with a French stile revolution because both the republicans and democrats are fully owned by the 1%. Million and billionaires are today's royalty in the uUSA.Off with their heads!
Baldimo

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2019 02:47 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
The only way that the majority of citizens will regain their government is with a French stile revolution because both the republicans and democrats are fully owned by the 1%.

I don't think any sort of "revolution" will go the way you think it will. You have to remember, the leftists in this nation are against guns and want to have them removed from society. How are they going to lead a "revolution" when they have nothing to fight with. Do you really think the majority of people who own guns will be on your side?

We won't have a revolution, it will be a civil war.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2019 02:59 pm
I've got bad news for you Badly. Just because I don't brag about what a smart gun owner I am doesent mean I don't know how to use them or don't own them. I would further bet that a lot of liberals are more like than you realize. So I wouldent count on your ilk outgunning my ilk.
georgeob1

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2019 06:13 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

The only way that the majority of citizens will regain their government is with a French stile revolution because both the republicans and democrats are fully owned by the 1%. Million and billionaires are today's royalty in the uUSA.Off with their heads!

The French revolution was highly "progressive" (in today's terms) from the start. It produced the Reign of Terror under Robespierre, then autocracy and war, under Napoleon, and finally the restoration of the Bourbon Kings.

Be areful what you wish for.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 12:48 am
@georgeob1,
But they are one of the most democratic countries around. And their politicians pay attention to the majority of its citizens rather than say go fu#k yourself like our politicians.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 08:20 am
@RABEL222,
I believe your understanding of the French revolution of 1789 and subsequent, as well as that of French history, politics and the behavior of recent French governments are seriously deficient
Baldimo

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 10:04 am
@RABEL222,
If they listened to what the majority wanted, they wouldn't be having protests and riots for the last 5 months straight.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 10:06 am
I can highly recommend Corey Robin's book...
Quote:
The Reactionary Mind: Conservatism from Edmund Burke to Sarah Palin is a 2011 book written by political theorist Corey Robin. It argues that conservatism from the 17th century to today is based on the principle "that some are fit, and thus ought, to rule others".[1]:18[2] Robin argues that rather than being about liberty, limited government, resistance to change, or public virtue, conservatism is a "mode of counterrevolutionary practice" to preserve hierarchy and power.[1]:17

Overview
The book begins by defining conservatism as an attempt to preserve hierarchy in the wake of a democratic movement. One example of this 19th century slogan is given:
To obey a real superior...is one of the most important of all virtues—a virtue absolutely essential to the attainment of anything great and lasting.[1]:17

Robin goes through the history of conservatism starting with Edmund Burke and argues that traditional definitions of conservatism as an attempt to preserve some kind of tradition are inadequate. He cites passages from Burke and Joseph de Maistre which criticize the old order for being decadent and needing to be recreated. Thomas Hobbes's social contract is given as a conservative solution to a new order which is able to preserve itself under threat.[1]:62

Robin argues that in the modern era conservatives are often more concerned about preserving power in the private sphere, which finds struggles against causes such as labor movements and feminism
wikipedia

And I've just realized someone has snitched my copy.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 12:49 pm
@georgeob1,
I think the one showing a deficiency of intellect is you. Like Baldy you believe yourself to be the greatest intellect on this siteand anyone who disagrees with you to be stupid. I really get sick of your common reply of "you don't understand ".I understand quite well when someone replies with posts putting another poster down that they are being dishonest.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 01:07 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
I think the one showing a deficiency of intellect is you. Like Baldy you believe yourself to be the greatest intellect on this siteand anyone who disagrees with you to be stupid.

I've never made any such claim, I happen to think I'm of average intelligence, I only think I'm smarter than you and a few others who can't rub 2 brain cells together to come up with an original thought.

Quote:
.I understand quite well when someone replies with posts putting another poster down that they are being dishonest.

Sort of how you dragged me into the post...
georgeob1

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 04:35 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I think the one showing a deficiency of intellect is you. Like Baldy you believe yourself to be the greatest intellect on this siteand anyone who disagrees with you to be stupid. I really get sick of your common reply of "you don't understand ".I understand quite well when someone replies with posts putting another poster down that they are being dishonest.

I said you lacked information and understanding of the French Revolution that was evident in the comparison you put forward. I didn't say you lacked intellect. There is a difference.

Criticism is not evidence of dishonesty. An old Navy saying indicates "When you're headed for a cliff, the one who criticizes your navigation is not really your enemy and the one who keeps silent is not really your friend."
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 06:59 pm
@Baldimo,
Rabel wasn't talking to you, or about you, Slick. Try to keep, 'K?
Setanta

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 07:27 pm
@georgeob1,
Your knowledge of the French Revolution is shallow and simplistic. The Committee for Public Safety (a label borrowed from the early days of the American Revolution), which Max Robespierre eventually came to dominate, did not take over until the spring of 1793, almost four years after the revolution had begun. Threatened with invasion by the Austrians and Prussians, the few "progressive" measures introduced by the Convention were abandoned with the declaration of la patrie en danger. That took place before Robespierre took over, in late July, 1793 . A good case could be made that the reactionary regimes which attempted the invasion of France were responsible for the failure of "progressive" measures. This also lead to the levée en masse, the huge armies which were to dominate Europe for more than 20 years. Napoleon did not take over until November, 1799, more than a decade after the revolution began. I suspect the autocracy to which you refer was the Directory--once again, the threat of the reactionary regimes was more responsible for the failure of the goals of the revolution than the governments instituted to defend against that threat.

You have subsequently suggested that RABEL is ignorant. People who live in glass houses . . .
McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 10:44 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Rabel wasn't talking to you, or about you, Slick. Try to keep, 'K?

You got a hardon for Rabel? Maybe a reading comprehension issue?

RABEL222 wrote:

Like Baldy you believe yourself to be the greatest intellect on this siteand anyone who disagrees with you to be stupid.

Which "Baldy" is Rabel speaking of? Actually, looking at that sentence, might have been talking about you.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 11:41 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I've got bad news for you Badly. Just because I don't brag about what a smart gun owner I am doesent mean I don't know how to use them or don't own them. I would further bet that a lot of liberals are more like than you realize. So I wouldent count on your ilk outgunning my ilk.

Sounds like a threat to shoot someone named Badly. I think murder threats are illegal. This spelling and logic, as well.