What is it with These Guys ??

dlowan

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 05:30 pm
Just like killing people to show others that killing is wrong.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 07:47 pm
Why didn't the teacher send the child home 10 days ago and say that unless the parent got help for her child she could not come back? Would not that have solved the problem of disrupting the class and saved a little girl from being traumatized?

It may have been a little ma barkerish to say "they set my baby up" but there may have been some truth to it. We don't really know all the details yet from the other side.

I have said all I know to say on the subject unless further details come from the other side.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 08:31 pm
Revel--

I'd guess--and this is a guess--that the situation has been building since September.

I'm also wondering about what happens when that 5-year-old throws a tantum at home? Happy, well-adjusted children act out with their family. Unhappy, fearful children act out with strangers.

Kids want to be understood, not hurt.
0 Replies

watchmakers guidedog

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 11:55 pm
msolga wrote:
What is this thing about bringing in the police? Confused
In my opinion the child's behaviour was totally unacceptable & outrageous, but call in the police? .... How come there aren't internal policies within the school & the state education authorities to deal with a situation like this?

Precisely, the school should have its own handcuffs and stripwire-binders instead of wasting the police's time by getting them to drive miles for a loan of handcuffs and the donation of binders.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 11:57 pm
<sigh>
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 07:10 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Revel--

I'd guess--and this is a guess--that the situation has been building since September.

I'm also wondering about what happens when that 5-year-old throws a tantum at home? Happy, well-adjusted children act out with their family. Unhappy, fearful children act out with strangers.

Kids want to be understood, not hurt.

An interesting observation. I hope for the little girl's sake it is not true that she might be getting abused in some way at home. Another reason why since this might of been building up for some time something should have been done before getting to this point.

This whole story just seems weird when you put it all together and I imagine that we haven't heard the last of it. It was on abc news this morning and lawyers are involved.
0 Replies