I'm still laughing.

Montana

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 02:18 pm
Awwww! Thanks you guys <blush> :-D
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 03:06 pm
I can't get over the fact that you named your son Dana....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 03:08 pm
Why?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 03:39 pm
Just kidding around. Hope I didn't offend. My appologies if I did.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 03:49 pm
Montana, the joke's on YOU!!!

Hey everyone, Montana just admitted she's banging her son's friend! Don't you all get it? How else would he know about her vag??

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!|
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
Smile
:;

And all that.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 04:17 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Just kidding around. Hope I didn't offend. My appologies if I did.

No problem. I just wouldn't want my son to be offended if he ever read it. Over the years a few people have told him that his name is a girls name and it pissed him off. I don't know why some people think it's a girls name because if you look in books or on the net for baby names, Dana is listed under boys. I named my son after his father and grandfather. I also have several guy friends named Dana, but I've never met a girl named Dana.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 04:18 pm
Slappy
Damn! You're on to me. Don't tell my son, ok ;-)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 06:48 pm
I knew a male Dana when I was a kid, and now I work with one. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever met a female Dana.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 06:58 pm
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

So, did he shoot the deer?

I bet there's a shortage of shaving gel at Montana's house now. Laughing
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 09:28 pm
Re: I'm still laughing.
Montana wrote:

"your moms pussy is so hairy that by the time I got through it, a deer popped out" Laughing

I don't get it! I mean, I don't understand the joke, if that's what that is...is it.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:46 am
Dana is more common as a woman's name in the South...I know several. But I'm also thinking of Dana Carvey, who is definitely not female.

You know what I've never understood? Why does everyone think it's okay for a girl to have an androgynous name, but not for a boy? Makes absolutely no sense to me.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 11:03 am
Slappy
My son met a girld named Dana in school once.

CJ
LOL! That's what you think ;-)

Turtlette
If I explained it, it would become more offensive than it already is.

Eva
I know it's a shared name for boys and girls and it does bug the hell out of me when people say "isn't that a girls name"? To me a name is a name.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 11:25 am
There are famous male Danas. Dana Andrews, for one. It is also a surname - Richard Henry Dana, I believe, is the author of Two Years Before the Mast.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 12:23 pm
Edgar
I know Dana Carvey, but I knew there were more. Thanks for posting them :-)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 01:37 pm
Eva, I agree. I started to post something about that on my man-date thread (still can I guess, just in a hurry and thought of it now) that it's seen as automatically insulting to call a man feminine, but it's often a compliment if a woman is called masculine (depending on context.) Like, on Abuzz (no avatar) a lot of people in politics thought I was a guy because of the way I argued, and that was given and taken as a compliment.

Seems like that's the next frontier -- women can be feminine but also have a lot of "masculine" options (and that's a newish development, pants yadda yadda) while men can be masculine but it's a lot iffier when they get into "feminine" territory.

Thinking of that now because it's a major trend to take traditionally masculine names and give them to girls. Morgan Jordan um there's a zillion. I know a girl Dana. But that doesn't necessarily mean that the name is itself feminine, just that masculine names are being co-opted. Taylor. Lots of them.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 01:39 pm
Montana, you're an instant celebrity. The Ben Wallace of A2K! Laughing

http://espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/ben_wallace_cartoon.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 03:57 pm
Very good ponts there, Soz!

CJ
LOL!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 06:05 pm
Sure, soz, I know everything you said is true and I've thought that for a long time. But I still don't understand how brand new parents can think it's okay to dress a tiny little newborn in frilly pink lace and ruffles and call it "Morgan," but it's not okay to put the wee baby boy in denim and baby ball caps and call it "Francis." New parents are usually so into traditional trappings. (Just TRY giving a new mother denim pants for her new daughter!)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 06:07 pm
Right, that's what I was saying, too. It doesn't seem to be acceptable, but why not?

It'll get there.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 06:08 pm
<seems like Eva lives in a very different world than I do - lots of babies here dressed only in black and white>
0 Replies