CHILD SUPPORT HELP

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 07:13 pm
Im self employed, last year child support added $25k for 2 years to my income as a personal benefit from business, I tried to fight it but didn’t get anywhere, this year I had to close down the business as it wasn’t going good so contacted Child support, informed them of my situation and asked for reassessment, it was refused again due to lack of evidence !!! Bank statements clearly show how much money comes in and goes out,
I then searched for agencies that help in this matter, I came across Child Support Help Australia, Talked to Laurie, he assured me that I have a case, that they have plenty of experience and knowledge in these matters, I was receiving a call almost every second day until I paid them half of the money, Everything stopped as soon as I paid, every time I called he simply bagged CSA and how bad and unfair they are, asked for more documents and did nothing,
I finally found out by CSA that the act prevents parties to have a representative on reassessments, so the money was gone, Laurie from CSHA didn’t help and couldn’t help either, $1,000 was gone just like that, he is refusing to refund.
They just take your money and run,
They have a facebook page that is run by a marketing company, they charge Laurie a fee for every lead they get, Laurie from Child Support Help Australia on the other hand gets paid and does nothing, Beware and don’t waste your money. I paid them $1,000 and after a month got a very poor draft that was copied from my objections.
Is there anyone with personal business benefit experience that can help.

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 10:48 pm
@rezadarius,
You could file for a modification of CS. However, since you spent so much time and money doing frivolous things, no way a Judge would consider it.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 11:34 pm
@rezadarius,
You'd be best served by contacting an attorney familiar with the child support laws where you are located.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2019 12:17 am
@neptuneblue,
What frivolous things did he spend time and money on?
He tried to get assistance from Child Support Help Australia, only to realise too late that this business is pretty much just a scam.

Also in Australia child support matters are handled by the Child Support Agency which is a department of the Australian Taxation Office. Any reassessment or modification would be done by them, not by a judge.

neptuneblue

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2019 06:20 am
@cherrie,
https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/forms/cs1970

Application to Change your Assessment - Special Circumstances form (CS1970)
Menu
Forms
Forms by title
Forms by code
Centrelink forms
Medicare forms
Child Support forms
International forms

Use this form to apply for a review of an active child support assessment due to your special circumstances.

Read about changing your child support assessment in special circumstances including the change of assessment process.

Get started

Call the Child Support line. We’ll let you know if you need to complete this form.

Open the Application to Change your Assessment – Special Circumstances form, fill in, print and sign it.

Submit your form and supporting documents.

The easiest way to submit your form and supporting documents is to upload them online using your Child Support online account through myGov. If you can’t upload your form and supporting documents, you can submit them by fax or post.

If you have a disability or impairment and use assistive technology, there are other ways you can do your business with us. You can use self service or request someone to deal with us on your behalf. If you can’t access our forms, please contact us. We can help you access, complete and submit them.
0 Replies