revelette1

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 03:22 pm
@Lash,
Much of what you say is just out of your own head, however, she did say Bernie's plan of single payer health care will never ever come to pass. And you know, she is probably right. It would be hard to overcome special interest and the insurance companies and in the meantime, people would do without Insurance. Obamacare is/was working at the time of the 2016 election and what wasn't working could have been fixed.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinton-single-payer-health-care-will-never-ever-happen/

Hopefully, Justice Roberts court will overturn it, I sure don't want my present health care taken away while an endless debate goes on about universal or single payer health care.
maporsche

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 03:24 pm
This sucks.

I’m not surprised. It’s been challenged before. Obamacare I believe will survive this challenge.

Maybe we can elect a Democrat in 2020 who will strengthen and improve it.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 03:34 pm
@revelette1,
I hope you don’t lose your healthcare either Rev.

I appreciate your point of view here.
Lash

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 03:40 pm
@maporsche,
That sounded like a slimy politician, saying to the cameras that they ‘will fight to keep your Obamacare’ while they make backdoor deals to prevent you from getting the universal healthcare we all deserve.

Know your enemies. They know how to look like your friends.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 03:59 pm
@Lash,
That's all I been saying.
Lash

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 04:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
You and Dys, both. And thank you for being patient while some people began to understand what you’d been saying. It took me forever.

Here they are—HisPorsche and his kind.

https://youtu.be/awY1MRlMKMc

They say everything you want to hear...
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 04:08 pm
@Lash,
When I first began posting here about politics I didn't know how to be clear about things. Folks who came at me negatively got me out of any groove I might have found. Now I don't pay any heed to the negative ones, for the most part. In the end, it is up to them to figure out if they want our nation to survive.
Lash

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 04:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
I agree. This is about the survival of a country.

I try to help people break out of the conditioning that controlled my perspective for so long—and those who co-opt the establishment lie, I do my best to expose.

Wealthy people like hisporsche manipulating people like Rev enrages me.

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 04:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
"ObamaCare" - legally known as Affordable Healthcare Act, to me, was never intended to be a permanent solution. I and many others viewed it as step one towards a universal healthcare system.

A big beef (or asparagus spear for our vegetarian friends) for me was the lie. It is not truly affordable for all. many folks who had nothing prior, found it was out of their price range. They were judged "ineligible" for any subsidy to help them pay (government guidelines based on some small town expenses often do this nonsense, not specifically adjusting to each city or town). Some persons got hit with increased premiums which exceeded by double digit percentages, any previous increase. Ultimately, it failed to include legislation which would have prevented such behavior from the insurance companies.

It also irritated the heck out of me the way it was rammed through and that many of those who endorsed and voted for it, later admitted to having not read the thing, either in part or in some cases, at all!
maporsche

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 04:31 pm
@Sturgis,
Care to share what state you reside in?

A lot of the problems with the ACA and costs were due to Republicans and their manipulations. For example, not accepting the Medicaid expansions that most states took.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 04:39 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Why would you ever vote for anyone who says you'll never get universal healthcare?

It was said to indicate that it was, at the time, a virtual impossibility. It was not being said as a statement along the lines of, "we're going to screw all of you and take away the basic protection and right that you have right now."

While I've got your attention, Why would anybody with a scintilla of intelligence, vote for somebody who had no chance of winning in the general election?
Sturgis

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 04:42 pm
@maporsche,
I'm in New York. Downstate.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 04:47 pm
@maporsche,
ACA will continue for years even if the USSC votes it down. remember USSC cannot legislate a place holding health care plan . Thats the job of the legislative branch.
Interestingly, this may be a way in which ACA gets fixed under a new name. I dont see anyone of any party voting for something NOT in the peoples interest when the entire country is watching.
Interesting times?? yes indeed.
I loved Trump, he was caught like a rabbit in the headlights when this was announced.
"We'll have great health care, wait and see", Id love to see him be forced to stick to that, everything from drug pprice negotiation to pre-existing conditions .
So what if e call it Plump Care as long as we get what we need and Congress , by its ppresent structure, is forced to negotiate and even compromise

roger

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 04:48 pm
@Sturgis,

Sturgis wrote:

A big beef (or asparagus spear for our vegetarian friends) for me was the lie. It is not truly affordable for all.

Right. If it had been, there would have been no reason to penalize those that couldn't afford it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 04:49 pm
@Sturgis,
The southern states, Texas for instance, never bought into it, so it was far too expensive for most of us to buy into. I was retired by then, so had no personal experience with the ACA. As for 'ramming it through', that's the only way anything will ever get passed anymore. In my opinion, universal care was sabotaged back then for the big money interests. There was a time we had enough Democrats to pass it, but too many were foot draggers.
roger

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 04:50 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

While I've got your attention, Why would anybody with a scintilla of intelligence, vote for somebody who had no chance of winning in the general election?

Well, I voted for Gary Johnson as Senator from New Mexico. Don't you sometimes just get tired of voting for the least despicable candidate out there?
Lash

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 04:52 pm
@roger,
Vote your conscience and eventually we will emerge from this purgatory.
roger

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 04:54 pm
@Lash,
Lettuce prey.
Lash

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 05:04 pm
@roger,
My brother.
https://youtu.be/LIZW5trdE5o
I know you have your ideas.
I need one honest man.
Make your case if I’m wrong.
🌷💕🙋‍♀️
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2018 05:44 pm
@roger,
Haven't done something like that since 1980. Voted for John Anderson that year.
0 Replies