Where in Cali should I stay "away" from?

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:03 pm
Before I go to California, can you guys suggest to me what areas or cities I should "stay away" from? Any advice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,727 • Replies: 44
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:10 pm
What are you afraid of?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:18 pm
Oh, CALIFORNIA! I thought that you meant Cali, Columbia. I am sure that you could find places there that you should avoid! :wink:
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:37 pm
Make sure and visit Watts.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:56 pm
cjhsa Wink

Yeah, stay away from south-east Los Angeles.
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 12:39 am
Okay, so far I got

watts
SE LA
Compton

Anymore? Shocked
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 02:59 am
The Tenderloin in San Francisco isn't the most savory of spots, but nothing like the places in Southern California. There are some hoods now in Fresno of all places that have become really gang infused.

I can't think of too many others specifically. I'm sure each town has it's section of riff raff and low life, but for the most part from bottom to top or top to bottom, California is just soooo d*mn nice.

You'd be really hard pressed to NOT have a good time in that incredible State. Smile

When are you visiting and how long will you stay?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 04:22 am
All of Los Angeles. Most of San Diego. Major portions of San Franscisco. All of Oakland, except the waterfront area.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 04:39 am
All of Los Angeles??

<my ex is from LA ... well, she's a Pedro girl ...>
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 08:52 am
Hey, hey, hey Merry: Most of San Diego is save and beautiful,
virtually no crime to speak of .......
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 09:05 am
Lady J wrote:
The Tenderloin in San Francisco isn't the most savory of spots, but nothing like the places in Southern California. There are some hoods now in Fresno of all places that have become really gang infused.

I can't think of too many others specifically. I'm sure each town has it's section of riff raff and low life, but for the most part from bottom to top or top to bottom, California is just soooo d*mn nice.

You'd be really hard pressed to NOT have a good time in that incredible State. Smile

Maybe Aug, sept, or oct. around there. So even during the daytime, Fresno isn't good? Passing through is fine right? As long as i don't hang out there during the night?
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 09:07 am
Merry Andrew wrote:
All of Los Angeles. Most of San Diego. Major portions of San Franscisco. All of Oakland, except the waterfront area.

Maaan, you make it sound like scary!!! "MOST" of san diego!!? Shocked "MAJOR" portion of san fran? Shocked ALL of Oakland?!!!

Did you have bad experiences or something?? Shocked
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 09:08 am
CalamityJane wrote:
Hey, hey, hey Merry: Most of San Diego is save and beautiful,
virtually no crime to speak of .......

You're being serious or sarcastic? Surprised
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 10:42 am
No, she's being honest. San Diego is fairly safe. Just avoid the coyotes and drug runners - who tend to work below the radar anyway.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 10:44 am
geesh I love SanDiego - IMO best part of CA
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 10:46 am
That's right. The coyotes are our only enemies here,
right in the city (due to all the greenery and canyons).
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 10:49 am
I was talking about people - not animals. Wink But I'm sure you have the animal kind too - not overly dangerous to a full grown adult. Haven't heard much of coyote pack attacks lately...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 10:52 am
Oh cjhsa, people called coyotes?

I live up on a canyon, so we have the animal kind Wink
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 11:10 am
Coyotes smuggle people.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 03:37 pm
chris56789 wrote:
Lady J wrote:

Maybe Aug, sept, or oct. around there. So even during the daytime, Fresno isn't good? Passing through is fine right? As long as i don't hang out there during the night?

Beautiful time of the year to visit! Fresno's ok for the most part. You'll definitely recognize unsavory neighborhoods (in any town) if you do come across them. Fresno isn't that cool of a town to want to spend much time there anyway. Waaaay over 100 degrees in the summer and early fall. I'd stick mostly to the coastal routes for some true beauty and maybe a run to Sacramento for the Capitol and definitely Yosemite! Smile

In spite of where you go or what you do, just have a wonderful time!
0 Replies