Some Pharmacists Refuse to Sell Birth Control Products

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 03:36 pm
dyslexia wrote:
From you Eva? just a smile and a glass of good whisky.(no ice, no water)

....and from me?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 03:42 pm
well from you jane, just a smile ( and maybe a little white apron, you have any black garters?).
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 04:25 pm
As a matter of fact, I do have some black lace garters.....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 07:21 pm
Things are heating up.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 07:25 pm
I knew, this would bring you out of the swamp.....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 11:42 pm
dyslexia wrote:
From you Eva? just a smile and a glass of good whisky.(no ice, no water)

You got it, cowboy!

Very Happy

http://www.virtual-geology.info/vft/2004-andy/whisky1.jpg
0 Replies

Rainbow Love

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 08:35 pm
I don't care what your so called "moral beliefs" are, if you work as a pharmacist, do your job and leave your personal beliefs OUT OF IT. I've had friends who are on birth control and I have friends who have been raped. If they need to go get the morning after pill after a night of hell or unexpected pleasure they have the right get their prescription without these bible banging freaks jumping down their throats. religion is between YOU and YOUR god. that's it
0 Replies

pharmgrl4825

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 05:50 pm
the day after pill
The Pharmacists do not have any right in a decision like this. I mean if they decide not to carry this drug all because they are against it then they should be the one to help raise that child and take care of the mother whom could have very serious health problems. Me personally I'm tired of people forcing their beliefs on everyone else. I am all for saying the pledge of allegiance and prayer in school and I am also all for having the ten commandments in the court rooms.
The point in having a pharmacy that's in business is to make and keep business. You can't keep business coming in if you throw your beliefs on someone and deny them their right and privilege of having their prescription filled because they felt that it was a necessary thing to do. I'm not totally against abortion; if it's medically necessary then yes- but please provide the documents proving that it is necessary but if it's just because "Susie-Q" decided well I'm mad at my boyfriend and I'm going to kill our baby then NO! she should not be allowed to have the abortion. I feel that only if it's medically necessary. But then again who is in charge of making decisions for me? ME! and decisions for you? YOU! It should not be left up to another individual to make a "could be life-threatening" decision for anyone but that individual themselves!
Shame on that pharmacist and I hope that they loose/or have lost their job for that! Mad
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:36 am
Quote:
Me personally I'm tired of people forcing their beliefs on everyone else. I am all for saying the pledge of allegiance and prayer in school and I am also all for having the ten commandments in the court rooms.

pharmgrl4825 - It sounds like you don't want people forcing their beliefs on you, but are not that concerned about forcing YOUR beliefs on others.

I respect a person's right to their beliefs, as long as they are consistent. Apparently, you have a double standard concerning what it is appropriate for you, and what is appropriate for others. Think about it, and welcome to A2K!
0 Replies

pharmgrl4825

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 07:43 pm
reply to phoenix 32890
Hi and thanks for the welcome. No I don't want other people forcing their beliefs on me. I don't have a double standard thing going on here, all I am saying is that I feel that it is wrong for anyone to decide on what anyone else should do. And as far as what I was saying about the pledge of allegiance and prayer in school is just a remark for all the others out there that have gone to the extremes of fussing about it to where it has been taken out of the school system. I was not in any way forcing my beliefs on anyone by telling them that they need to pray in school if they don't want to. I firmly believe that everyone is entitled to do whatever they choose and believe in whatever they choose to believe in. I am in no way going to make someone set down and say a prayer before each meal. But I am against these people coming up after my 30 years of living and then fussing about the way that things have been for hundreds of years all because they choose not to participate or believe. I feel that it is not fair for us and a very unfortunate that things are headed to "pot" as the saying goes.
Please don't think that in any way that I was trying to force my beliefs on you or anyone else I was just clearly making a statement.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 06:26 am
Quote:
But I am against these people coming up after my 30 years of living and then fussing about the way that things have been for hundreds of years all because they choose not to participate or believe.

Slavery was around for hundreds of years. Is that a rationale for keeping THAT institution alive?

IMO, it is one thing when a student sits quietly at his desk and prays. That is his right. I DO object when prayer becomes a part of a school activity, in a school that is supported by the taxes of people of diverse religious viewpoints.

Where did you learn that prayer has been practiced in schools for hundreds of years? I am a lot older than you, and we never had prayer in pubic schools.
0 Replies

pharmgrl4825

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 03:04 pm
Where did you learn that prayer has been practiced in schools for hundreds of years? I am a lot older than you, and we never had prayer in pubic schools.

As far as that goes I was not referring to the prayer part, I was talking about the pledge of allegience and it being changed and the "Under God" part taken out.

Thanks for your opinion.. But I and many others don't feel that it is right for others to come into this country and change the way that we do things from day to day just to accomodate them and their beliefs. I mean if they don't like the way that we have been living and doing things here then why did they come here to begin with?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 04:40 pm
pharmgrl4825- I have been in this country for my entire life. I was a kid when they added "under God" to the Pledge of Allegiance. Even then, when my philosophical underpinnings had not yet "jelled", I believed that it was wrong. Even then, when I recited the Pledge, when the words "under God" were said, I would just stand quietly.
0 Replies

mousergoodwin

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:53 pm
Start eating
panzade wrote:
Show me a female pharmacist who refuses to sell contraceptives and I'll eat my hat.

and I quote...

"I refuse to dispense a drug with a significant mechanism to stop human life," says Karen Brauer, president of the 1,500-member Pharmacists for Life International. Brauer was fired in 1996 after she refused to refill a prescription for birth-control pills at a Kmart in the Cincinnati suburb of Delhi Township.

Female pharmacist. She refused to sell contraceptive. See entire article here if you don't believe...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-11-08-druggists-pill_x.htm
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2005 02:39 pm
Phoenix32890
I can remember the readings from the psalms of David at assembly when I was in grade school. { In the 30's}. I went to public school.
0 Replies