Jealousy at its worst/ And I need a good bitch session!

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 03:45 pm
Sorry for MIA the last couple of days, work has become an over burden, seems I'm the complete cafe' staff..........meet...ME, Myself and I...and one of us is soon to twist smoothe off......lmao Going on 5 weeks and no day off!

Quote:
Constantly craving affection from a husband who won't give it really sucks and I know that too.
Yes it is.......And your right, I am tired of him. And I know its wrong, but thats why I enjoying flirting so much, I get the attention from others, that I'm not getting at home. Its harmless, but makes ya feel so damned good.

Quote:
Sounds to me as though you may have diverted trouble from your front yard to her front yard.
I keep thinking that too. I feel better about everything today and for the last couple of days I have felt better...but not closing my eyes to the situation. If I know him like I do...he want keep it up for long.

But honestly, I can see a change in him where I stand. Which is nice to see...and nice to be on the recieving end of his attention. Didn't take but 18 FREAKIN" YEARS........but hell, I'll revel it right now.

Quote:
MMS....You deserve so much better than this.
I have TOLD him those exact same words. That he has been given the best I have had to offer for 18 years and that I deserved better than that from him. It was only fair.

Quote:
I can't imagine why he has sunk into complacency and let himself drift off into fantasyland.
Well, I know why he has. It goes back to his parents...and they way they treated each other. I see the way he treats me and its exactly the way his mother treated his father. The fantasy land part...I'm not sure about. I know men fantasize, hell I do...but to let it take over and control his every lil move around her, isn't right. I have to say, that this past week, he was around THEM again for two days helping out. (he can take vacation days for them, but not the family) He seemed a lil stand offish towards her...or while I was around he was. He actually come to open my car door, hugged me in front of her and kissed me in front of her. I figured it was a show....still think that way. But its much better than being totally ignored in her presence.

So, for now...I'm just going to sit back again and let him think my guard is down and see what happens. The ball is in his court. But I do have a news flash for him, this is the last straw. If it comes up again, he's packin' up and hittin' the road.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 11:15 pm
Way to go MMS! Sounds like things are a little better and I'll be keeping everything crossed in hopes that it keeps on getting better :-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 11:17 pm
You need to get some time off from work, girl!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 08:07 am
Hang in there MMS. You're strong, you won't let them get the best of you.

I agree with Montana, you need a break - in more ways than one.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 01:27 pm
If you haven't shaped your husband up in the last 18 years, that job will take more energy than you have right now.

How long as the Cafe Crisis being going on? Is there any chance you can get some help there? As sole cook and bottle washer you are also president of the local union and your working hours are inhumane.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 03:57 pm
I know I need more than a lil break...AWWW...NEED A VACATION! The cafe has been in this shape for the last 5 weeks. I haven't had one day off in...ummm, let me think...I'm on day 31. And don't see me getting a day off for another 8 days. And its bad enough that my day starts at a quarter till four in the morning.

lol...the other part of that "THEM"...is the one I work for. (the one I don't want to see hurt) The one I said that I love dearly. If it wasn't for that person, I would have done walked out and quit. He's good to me, pays me well and I have too many fringe benifits to walk out. He see's to it that I am taken care of, and I do mean that...literally. It wouldn't matter what it was that I wanted, within reason...he'd see to it, that I had it.

The help part in the cafe...well, we can only drag so many in off the streets to work, they have to be trained and there is no one else that is able to do it, and they sure can't do it blind. I have had 18 year old girls looking like they'd drop like flies at the end of the day..ha, you put over 6 miles a day on your feet and there is no such things as breaks when you want them, its when the public allows it.

As I said in an earlier post, the me, myself and I part...I have had my moments when I thought I was going to loose it. I have taken ass eatings off one man for the cafe closing early one day, have been questioned repeatedly about why its closing early? Its bad enough to have to work 7 days a week, but for them to not have any compassion on you and think you should work 18 hours a day too, makes ya wanna just shove that plate of food down thier throats. So, I have kinda resorted to a split personality for the time being...lol I raise hell behind closed doors, making faces and fun of them..lol, then serve thier food with a smile. Works for me..........LMAO It seems to be a stress reliever...

And the 7 days a week was bad enough, but now I am having to close it early as of this week. I have NO help. The last one I had helping me, quit....all because I wanted her to work 4 hours on this past Sat!! She told another worker, that "she didnt care if I hadn't had a day off in a month, she wasn't loosing her Sat, to work 4 hours!" OKKKKK.........I see an ass whooping in her future......HA

Quote:
If you haven't shaped your husband up in the last 18 years, that job will take more energy than you have right now.
Your right Noddy, I don't have the energy. And I haven't shaped him up in 18 years, its not going to work now...I'm just trying to go with the flow.....

I guess I could have swapped threads and went into the one I posted on "whats wrong with workers nowadays"..to my "Sister" Thread...cause thats back in the air...to this thread. I feel........a runaway coming on strong. LOL If I ever cut loose, they may not find me for weeks.........lol
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 04:00 pm
You know...its a damn wonder I'm sane!

I could do a stand up comedy routine on all of the above...lol
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 04:01 pm
MMS is heading for a meltdown if she doesn't find some relief soon. I remember the struggle to find good help in the restaurant. Last I recall, she hadn't found any so now she's doing it all herself. Then her sister went whacky a few months ago and our girl found herself in the middle of that mess. And now THIS? Let's talk MMS into taking a much-needed vacation from all of this funkiness. Run away, girlfriend. Just pack a bag, lots of pink nail polish and run away. At least for a weekend.

Life is just too short.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 04:14 pm
My heart goes out to you MMS. I hope you can get some time off soon because your work should never be your whole life.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 04:20 pm
MMS--

Does your local paper publish the names of honor roll students? If so, get the list ( and the telephone book for addresses) and write a few letters inviting some of these bright kids to apply for a job.

Off-the-street brings you street sweepings.

Meanwhile, I'm with Eoe. You need a break...and some pampering...and a little glamour.

Dream a bit. If you had time and money, where would you go?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 04:21 pm
eoe, I want toooo soooooooooo bad.

I did myself a favor last night, I run myself a tub full of hot water and sat in it for about an hour. I scrubbed, buffed, exfoliated, nuked hair..lol, mosturized...and conditioned. I felt better till about 5 this morning, when I turned back into that piece of sizzlin' bacon that I get to smell like all day.

Yes, I'm headed for a meltdown...I can feel it coming on.

Its bad when I actually get ugly with the man I work for...I wasn't very nice with him yesterday...even as much as I care about him. Sometimes He expects too much, but thats my fault, cause I'm one of them that can do all of it and handle it...PHOOEY!

So...yes..............its coming, I have gotten anti-social.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 04:34 pm
Noddy...I'd head for the Rocky's...Montana to be exact or Yellow Stone.

And a great idea about the local papers!! We usually run about 10 to 12 people through the store and cafe. We are down to 5. That is not enough to spread through it. Thats why I said that I've got about 8 days left till I get a day off. And I'm the only one that is Kitchen...actually, I'm jack of all trades down there, along with the other woman that helps run it. She can do my job..and I do hers.....

I know....why haven't I had her to come in and relieve me. Well.....she already works about 50 hours a week and I wouldn't dare ask her to cover me.

I have to give her a pat on the back, she's a great lady. We work well together as a team. She covers my back and I cover hers......together we manage that store.

Yesterday, I got lucky and found a sweet woman looking for a job, mid 40's, wants to work close to home. And has previous experience. She's tickled to death about starting. So...I'll start training her this Sat...and work her for 5 days straight, and then I'll turn her loose the following weekend, come hell or high water.

Then we have one of the younger ones that was being trained in the cafe...we've had to move her to the front part, due to back problems. And as of today, we have decided that one of the young men that we have had working for us in the front part, is going to be trained starting this Sat..for kitchen also. Now, I need atleast 2 more to hire. That'll give me 5 for back there. Where I need atleast that many or more.

But I learned a valuable lesson from this experience...there will be no one setting foot in my kitchen that they are not trained for breakfast also. If they refuse........they can go home. The last girl I had in the kitchen that just quit me, wouldn't do breakfast. What it amounted to...was.."WORK". Now I see it.......I let it go, cause I didn't need her at the moment. But I want get caught again like that...

I appreciate each one of you for letting me have my bitch session...even though I felt bad about to begin with. Thank you...your words are a great help.......

Now, off to tend to kids........if I can keep my eyes open..
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 04:43 pm
The end of your ordeal is in sight.

Remember, if you inflict grevious bodily harm in either the cafe or in your home you will be paying your debt to society in a kitchen without air conditioning and going back to a cell without a bathtub.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:36 am
MMS, my heart goes out to you. I know what it's like to bust your hump and seem to get no relief and no appreciation.

My only advice is to start letting things go. Not the cafe, yet, but your sister. She's an adult and her problems are not yours. Put it out of your mind. Your husband too. You've got work to do and no time to trifle with his foolishness. He's either going to step in and help you out or not, but it's not your problem. When you finally get time off, take your kids to Yellowstone and have a great, relaxing time.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 07:08 pm
LOL...yea..Noddy...I don't care to be stuck in the enternal flames of hell, known as the pen...lol, Maybe just open a can of whoop ass on someone..lol

FreeDuck...Thank you also...you hit the nail on the head. I'm looking forward to the weekend after next...if nothing fails...I will have those two days off, much to my relief.

My husband is planning a Turkey Hunting trip in MO...at the end of April. He should be gone for about 5-6 days. Let him goooooooooooooooooo, and if all else works out just fine, this chick is taking those days off to spend with my kids after school, and to do a few things I want to do...

Wish me luck!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 07:24 pm
Now that's what I like to hear :-D
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 07:39 pm
Five-Six days of your own at the end of April? Have a wonderful May Day!
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 05:40 pm
Thank you...ALL for listening to me, I'll stop now...ha

Even though I could probably add a few more pages to this post now...GRRR. But there are things I won't ever be able to change.....so I'll just play it by ear.

As the old saying goes.."Give someone enough rope, and they'll hang themselves."
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 11:18 am
Men. Can't live with them--can't live without them.

Of course, there are times when I'd like to try living without them....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 11:19 am
My favorite phrase is

"Men. Can't live with 'em. Can't kill 'em and bury 'em the back yard."
0 Replies