Bella Dea

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 10:10 am
They are now 37-5.

I dunno what they are eating but they need to keep eating it.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 11:14 am
looks like the change of scenerydid Flip a world of good...
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 01:10 pm
Re Kobe's 81 points: I've skimmed a number of articles comparing Kobe's big game with Wilt Chamberlain's 100 points more than 40 years ago. The question is: What was the greater achievement? Random points:

1) The lane was narrower in Wilt's day, allowing big men to play closer to the hoop;

2) No 3-point goal in Wilt's day.

Any thoughts?
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 01:32 pm
Wilt's accomplishment is greater no matter how you look at it because he got 100 points either way which is more than Kobe.... for now... hopefully anybody else other than Kobe/Carter will break his mark...
0 Replies

adrenaline

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:16 am
note that wilt played OT which gave him more time , even if there were 3's u think he could knock those down? and plus willis reed was fouled out so basically a newb was defending him.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 03:51 pm
what you talkin' 'bout willis? Wink

its not possible willis was guarding wilt that day.
willis reed was NBA rookie of the year in 1965.
wilt scored his 100 on 3/2/62.
http://www.nba.com/history/players/reed_bio.html
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 08:45 am
adrenaline wrote:
note that wilt played OT which gave him more time , even if there were 3's u think he could knock those down? and plus willis reed was fouled out so basically a newb was defending him.

Yes exactly which gave Kobe the advantage today since he can shoot 3s. A newb, what difference does it make? Wilt still played well enough to score 100.
0 Replies

Winthorpe

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 01:08 pm
Looks like Steve Francis is headed to the Knicks for Jamal Crawford and Maurice Taylor. Isiah Thomas is truly the worst GM ever. Not only did he single handedly cause the CBA to fold, he has compiled quite a collection of egos and bloated contracts in New York. Although, I'm not a Knicks fan so I enjoy seeing what he will do next. I can't believe Dolan allows him to pull the trigger on all of these deals.

Should be a few more good trades before the deadline.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 01:44 pm
AbleIIKnow_wong wrote:
adrenaline wrote:

Yes exactly which gave Kobe the advantage today since he can shoot 3s. A newb, what difference does it make? Wilt still played well enough to score 100.

What advantage?Oh, I guess you mean, like, being more talented. Yes, he is better than Wilt. Wilt was about a foot taller than almost everyone he played against. He had an advantage of size, but Koke is the better player. Kobe's 81 points is definitely the better achievement.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 04:02 pm
(you said "Koke")
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 06:46 am
Region Philbis wrote:
(you said "Koke")

I second that... Anyways, we have our own opinions you can stick with yours and I'll stick with mine.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:54 pm
Meanwhile, the Knicks have made yet another worthless trade. WTF is Thomas doing, trying to make me wish for Scott Layden to come back? My god, I thought that guy was the dumbest f*ck in the league, but Isaiah is giving me some doubts about that.

Now they have Steve Francis, another guy who can't play defense and likes to hog the ball. And he's expensive too. I swear, I think Isaiah Thomas is just throwing darts at a board to decide what the hell his strategy is for this horrible, horrible team.

****. They are going to suck for a long time with this guy in charge. Oh well, maybe next decade.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 08:00 am
i have a theory:

the knickerbocker franchise was cursed the day starks went 2 for 18 against houston in the finals, because pat riley made a pact with the devil the night before...

i was expecting them to at least be competetive by now.
larry brown has finally jumped the shark...
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 08:09 pm
Anybody here a female Toronto Raptors fan? If not I won't bother with my question, thanks.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 06:40 pm
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/1668/sgreenuniform037vb.jpg

the knicks had their Luck O' the Irish green uniforms on last night, and beat the mighty Pistons -- a single highlight in an otherwise forgettable season...
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:03 am
Oooh, yeah a lot of upsets on St. Pat's Day. Toronto Raptors won too!!!
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 06:51 pm
Okay so the rooks are interestin this year... Chris Paul the speedy point guard who's turned a franchise around with his play. Chandler, Bogut are pretty good too. FINALLY what I was expecting Raymond Felton is coming along too (PG/SG???). Oh well anyways just wanted to give props to Toronto Raptors rookie Charlie V, 48PTS. WHOOO!!! Okay okay okay so it's not as exciting as it could have been since the Raps lost. Still props to him for steppin up and putting himself in the record books. Wow 48 this even surpasses CB4's career high... then yet again their game is different and they're both on the same team XD
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 02:38 pm
So can anybody enlighten me on what the whole debackle of Stephen A. (ESPN NBA Reporter) of the whole Charlie V. thing and himself.

This is what I thought... NO he did not actually say that Charlie V. was gonna be a BAD player. In fact if I'm not mistaken he said he'll be a great player. However, what I thought was he ripped apart the TORONTO RAPTORS organization... the POSITION Charlie V. was gonna be put (somethin about bein ridiculous draft b/c he thought Raptors already had P/F) and most important of all ROB BABCOCK...

However even slightly defending him I will say that he still ripped apart on Charlie V. on the fact that he would not be a good fit on the team... and of course he was WRONG about this one...

My other question is what did Rob Babcock actually say on how he was gonna use Charlie V?

How about Steve A. himself then... did he actually "further prove his point?" Since Backcock is now gone, thanks.

If anybody has the actual article/quote of what Steve A. said on that night and Rob Babcock on his use of Charlie V. (not as important) that would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
0 Replies

Winthorpe

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 08:50 am
I'm not a big Stephen A fan, but I believe you're right. Nobody was knocking Villeanueva, just the fact the Raptors picked a power forward for the third year in a row. The criticism was focused on Babcock and rightfully so.

I just saw the league signed an deal with Addidas to become the offcial provider of uniforms and apparel. I'm shocked that Nike let this happen.

Adidas Inks 11-Year Deal With NBA
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 04:47 pm
Cool, thanks for the reply Win.

Whoa that's a pretty long time. I mean to be honest I've always like Nike then yet again I've noticed a few things different with adidas' shoes. I find the adidas shoes more comfortable for my feet. I usually associate Adidas with soccer. Now I guess we'll just have to see what Adidas and the NBA has in hold for us.
0 Replies