AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 03:59 pm
Ray wrote:
I'm not sure about the draft. ESPN and some other critics think that it was a mistake to pick Villenueva, but we'll see I guess. As for the other picks. The second pick turned out to be one of the most "athletic" player (what on earth does that mean?). I don't follow NCAA or the prospect stuff, so I'm not sure. Hopefully they'll turn out good.

About Carter, yeah I was sort of a fan too, and I wasn't sure whether he really wasn't trying or what, but when I see him move to New Jersey and played way better there, not to mention that he admitted that he wasn't trying in Toronto, I just don't know anymore. I guess I can understand his frustration...

Now that he's gone though, the fav player in Toronto is Rose, or Bosh (he needs to grow mentally in basketball). Peterson is more inconsistent than Rose, and Alston has too much temper sometimes.

ESPN says a lot of stuff it all comes down to our own opinion if we've done our h/w (follow NCAA or specifically our preferred prospect). I've seen Villaneuva play a bit just not enough to know how good he is. I'm not too familiar with Graham so I don't know much about him either.

Oh when ESPN said that he's the most "atheletic" player....

Athletic = A player who has above average speed and hops (vertical) combined.

ESPN also mentioned that he's an "All-around athletic" player meaning he's also good in offense and defense.

Rose is clutch at the same time when the season was on the line (when Raps had SLIM chance to make the playoffs) he was the one blew it. His contract is also taking salary cap space and with the new young talents brought in he's expendible.

Donyell Marshall would be a better fit for Raps if they decide to keep him (which I doubt).

I like Morris Peterson for his defense I think it's highly underated because people focus too much on his offense.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 06:30 pm
Right, Marshall, how could I forget. About peterson, yeah I wasn't looking at his defense, I thought he was more offensive, so when he struggled on the road it was disappointing. On the other hand, his offense was good at home.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 09:11 pm
Wow, it's been awhile and NBA has been back for awhile now... suprisingly though nobody posted anybody about this year...

Yes there are a lot of changes... Seattle team from last year completely dismantled.... the coach is gone....

Go Yao-Ming and I know the Raptors are the worst team in the league right now.... still... gotta believe...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 10:50 pm
I watched Larry Brown's return to Detroit this friday. They almost looked like a real team, at least in the first half. Yes, they suck right now, but I see potential in the young guys on the team. Jamal Crawford and Channing Frye in particular look like possible badasses of the future. Marbury, even with his talent, is like a rock holding them back though. Maybe Larry can get it through his thick skull that basketball is a team sport over the course of the season.

Okay, this concludes my mini-"State of the Knicks" address. Thank you very much.
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 01:37 pm
Pistons are nearly unbeatable.

Just throwing that out there. Wink
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 07:45 pm
its official: i've lost complete interest in the NBA.
was bored silly by the x-mas doubleheader (thank gawd football was on!)

dunno what it is.
i'd been a fan since the mid-70's (pre Bird-vs-Magic).
seems like the game's really watered down these days...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2005 11:51 am
Region Philbis wrote:
its official: i've lost complete interest in the NBA.
was bored silly by the x-mas doubleheader (thank gawd football was on!)

dunno what it is.
i'd been a fan since the mid-70's (pre Bird-vs-Magic).
seems like the game's really watered down these days...

It's not so bad when you're watching masters like Tim Duncan and Ben Wallace. What they do is an art. It's too bad, though, how expensive it is to go to games. That's really the only way to watch. At least there's NCAA b-ball.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 01:14 am
I hope the Spurs meet the Pistons again... and win again for the championship. :wink:
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2006 11:44 am
Miami is hot when Shaq's healthy. I still think the Pistons could mop the floor with them. I think we will see a rematch.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 02:11 pm
The Sonics have fired Bob Weiss...
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:21 pm
Justifiably so too. They were amazing last year, and now, well they aren't.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 06:18 pm
Child of the Light wrote:
Justifiably so too. They were amazing last year, and now, well they aren't.

Most of the team is disbanded including the coach...

Poor Yao Ming has a poor supporting cast of Tracy&Co....

OoOh tommorow's matchup against the Nets ought to be a doozy...

GO RAPTORS GO!!!!!!
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:02 am
5 straight wins, five straight wins... Let's see if they can keep it up.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 01:24 pm
kobe's having quite a year so far.
he dropped 81 points on toronto yesterday -- the 2nd highest total all-time...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:52 am
Well, ain't it grand that my De-Troit Pistons are kicking ass and taking names?

Very Happy

Anyone see our new rookie make his first two last night? Despite the fact he was playing on garbage time, wouldn't that be an awesome story to have as a rookie?

I can't wait to see them break the record. And then win the championship.
0 Replies

adrenaline

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 04:56 am
phoenix fan , esp steve nash.

shawn marion in my opinion is the best small foward now , considering t-mac and kobe are shooting gaurds..
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 10:03 am
Raptors vs. Nets worse game ever
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 10:04 am
I'll admit Kobe just took it to another level. When I got up I thought I was still dreaming that he scored 81 points. The newspaper had a tiny pic of him on the sports page and talked about him for two days in a row. And others still continued to talk about it... ugh, brutal.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 10:07 am
Yeah, actually I was thinking of catching a Piston's game too since they're pretty close.... they deserve recognition because of what they're doing right now. I'm not sure if I'm willing to go through the complicated mumble jumble just to get in to Detroit....

What is Flip Saunders feeding these guys for breakfast. I know he's a good coach. I didn't think he was THAT good. He blew my mind now standin at 37-5? 40-5?
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 10:08 am
adrenaline wrote:
phoenix fan , esp steve nash.

shawn marion in my opinion is the best small foward now , considering t-mac and kobe are shooting gaurds..

Yeah, Steve Nash is great finally somebody putting Canada on the map of the basketball world. It was a great accomplishment when he won the MVP too.
0 Replies