pistons r up 39-38...
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 11:25 pm
Spurs win it.
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 11:56 pm
I'd rather Pistons win the final but it failed,still deserved respected...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 06:22 am
the spurs were hungrier than detroit last night...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 06:32 am
The Pistons didn't deserve to win. Simple fact. Actually, IMO, neither team deserced to win that title last night. They both played like ****. But the Spurs just got hot at the end and just wanted it more I guess.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2005 09:15 am
Don't be so hard on your team. They were valiant in defeat.

A great series in any case. In the end Duncan was too much to contain
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 10:30 am
I'll admit as a fan of neither of the teams it was a pretty good match up something that I eventually would've wanted to see. It's most likely who has home advantage would win the ship.

Anyways that was then and this is now. the draft was held couple nights ago and the Raptors had 2 picks. I heard there are talents in the prospects this year... I'm not too sure though I hope with Villanueva and Graham that Raptors chose they can produce this year... Oh yeah also Ukic and Slokar....

Oh and why isn't this section a sticky? Shouldn't each of the major sports be a sticky?

Anyways does anybody out there know what "wing" player mean?

"# spot?" E.g. 4 spot?, etc. I just thought it meant the positions, thanks.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 10:42 am
welcome to A2k, AIIk_wong.

a "wing" is a forward.

each position is designated by number:
1 - Point Guard
2 - Shooting Guard
3 - Small Forward
4 - Power Forward
5 - Center

summer sports are especially sticky -- both for the players and the fans Wink
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:06 am
Well all right, thanks Philibis.

Yeah as you can see I'm a Raptors fan here (probably the only one) I know they suck at the mean time. However knowing that we had the 7th pick this year we'll either go up in standings or picks next year.

I'm already excited for 3 Chinese prospects next year (that's if they enter the draft) especially with Yi Jian Lian. All I know is that he's very athletic. People keep messing up his Bio so I'm not too sure about him.

I know that since Bball season is already over there's not really much to talk about....
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:10 am
Oh yeah does anybody know of any good sites for basketball? Or any sites/magazines that shows plays?

Oh there's also pick n' roll and pick n' "something", pick n' what? I just heard about it recently does anybody have any ideas what it might be? Please let me know huge Bballa fan only craving for more knowledge and skills. First the fundamentals because just as he did this year helped guide his Spurs to the ship and thanks.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 12:14 pm
Wong, I'm also a raptors fan, well mainly because they're the only team left in Canada. Vince Carter was a jerk. He admitted that he wasn't trying in Toronto.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 01:30 pm
Ray wrote:
Wong, I'm also a raptors fan, well mainly because they're the only team left in Canada. Vince Carter was a jerk. He admitted that he wasn't trying in Toronto.

Hey that's cool, so what do you think of Raptor's picks this year? Any of them going to prosper? All of them a bust? half and half?

Oh well anyways about the Vince Carter deal I agree with what you said.

When Vince was in T.O. he was probably the main player I was following. Anyways I think the thing about him is that there are pros and cons to his side.

My opinion...

Cons:
He admitted he didn't try in T.O. any more.
He admitted that he was born/"blessed" with the talent of basketball
He became bitter and unhappy about T.O. when he didn't get what he wanted e.g. Dr. J as GM, etc.
He broke his 7 yr. contract which would've kept him either '06/'07 or '07/'08 forget which one it was...
Even though he said he likes T.O. and would comeback the question is genuinely and truly does he really feel that way about T.O.
One injury too many where at times it crippled the franchise...
"Grabbed the franchise by it's neck forcing them to trade him" with his passive-aggressive attitude...
Became too frustrated with franchises losing ways which made him MORE emotionally unstable...

Pros:
He admitted that he didn't try...
He was an exciting player when he shined...
He became T.O.'s only Superstar and Franchise Player for more than 2 yrs.
He put Basketball Canada on the map...
He won the 2K Slam Dunk competition
Held charity games in T.O.
Dunked over a 7'1" French player (Weiss?) and made him retire from the game...
A player of his calibur lasted this long in T.O.
His calm attitude (passive-aggressive)
Good person in nature

So in summary he became frustrated of losing ways which is understandable since he had to put it up for more than 3 yrs. without a better cast of talents surrounding Carter.
He shouldn't have broken contract and should've played his heart out for the rest of it until it was expired.
We had an exciting player while he was here and played his heart out.
At the same time when he admitted he stopped trying in TORONTO as a Raptor fan he ripped my basketball heart out.

And that's where my conflicting feelings lie upon him. Which stood out more when he played his heart out for the Raptors or when he broke contract and stopped trying as a TORONTO RAPTORS player?

Sorry if this was long I just had to get my point out, thanks.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 01:36 pm
AbleIIKnow_wong wrote:
Oh yeah does anybody know of any good sites for basketball? Or any sites/magazines that shows plays?

Oh there's also pick n' roll and pick n' "something", pick n' what? I just heard about it recently does anybody have any ideas what it might be? Please let me know huge Bballa fan only craving for more knowledge and skills. First the fundamentals because just as he did this year helped guide his Spurs to the ship and thanks.

Pick and pop. -- Set pick move to open space for jump shot.

Pick and roll --- Set pick roll to basket for layup.

If you like the NBA you might like this sight. No basketball basics but lots of interesting info and rumors.

WWW.hoopshype.com
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 06:56 pm
Yi Jian Lian is a very young and potential player in China,he is only 20 years old even less,so we have made a comparison that Yi is even better than Yao,when Yao was only 20.
But what Yi should improve is a lot,such as body muscle,ball consciousness etc.
Anyway,they two are different role in basketball,Yao is born to be a centre while Yi should be a small forward,if possibly becoming strong enough,he can act as the power forward because he has the height.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:12 pm
koolplay wrote:
Yi Jian Lian is a very young and potential player in China,he is only 20 years old even less,so we have made a comparison that Yi is even better than Yao,when Yao was only 20.
But what Yi should improve is a lot,such as body muscle,ball consciousness etc.
Anyway,they two are different role in basketball,Yao is born to be a centre while Yi should be a small forward,if possibly becoming strong enough,he can act as the power forward because he has the height.

Oh okay, yeah I should've mentioned that a bio says that he started playing ball when he was 14. So he still needs to get the fundamentals and what nots down of ballin. Yeah I guess he's just different than Yao Ming since they both can run up the floor pretty well for their size.

Know any good Chinese Basketball sites, I think there's one for the CBA.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 01:40 pm
What do you guys think of the 2005 NBA Draft? Who will live up to expectations? Who will be a bust? Comments, opinions, etc.

Rookie of the Year: Andrew Bogut/Chris Paul
Under rated: International Players picked ahead of...
Over rated: American Players picked after...
X-Factor: Charlie Villanueva/Nate Robinson
Favourite Pick: Chris Paul
Favourite Team: Toronto Raptors
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 12:15 pm
I know the season is over... still couldn't we keep this thread going some how...

Sorry just a basketball enthusiast. I need my basketball 'fix.'

Hmmmm... I'm not for one to start this since it's basketball I'll make an exception. Anybody has any ideas for a game?

Trivial questions?

Who's the "Iron Man" (playing most consecutive games) right now?

I don't know I hope someone can think of something better.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 02:23 pm
I'm not sure about the draft. ESPN and some other critics think that it was a mistake to pick Villenueva, but we'll see I guess. As for the other picks. The second pick turned out to be one of the most "athletic" player (what on earth does that mean?). I don't follow NCAA or the prospect stuff, so I'm not sure. Hopefully they'll turn out good.

About Carter, yeah I was sort of a fan too, and I wasn't sure whether he really wasn't trying or what, but when I see him move to New Jersey and played way better there, not to mention that he admitted that he wasn't trying in Toronto, I just don't know anymore. I guess I can understand his frustration...

Now that he's gone though, the fav player in Toronto is Rose, or Bosh (he needs to grow mentally in basketball). Peterson is more inconsistent than Rose, and Alston has too much temper sometimes.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 03:57 pm
Quote:
Who's the "Iron Man" (playing most consecutive games) right now?

not sure, but the all-time record belongs to A.C. Green with 1,192...
0 Replies