Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 03:47 pm
Game 5 winner wins series.
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 09:33 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Game 5 winner wins series.

Agreed.

While "tonight is for the title" might be an overstatement, there's no denying this game is the biggest of the season for both teams.
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 10:16 pm
panzade wrote:
It seems Manu is hurt worse than was admitted. It's a lot easier to double team Duncan with Manu neutralized.

I don't buy it. I agree, Manu's been 'neutralized'; but there was barely any contact on the play he was supposedly 'hurt'. I'm of the opinion he's no less healthy than anyone else on the floor. A comment like this stinks of 'excuse'.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 10:18 pm
HORRY! HORRY! HORRY!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 06:44 am
Dear Detroit,

How in God's name does the best/second best defense in the NBA leave Robert Horry wide open in the closing seconds of OT?

You deserve to lose. You've made a choice.

Your friend,
Gargamel
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 06:54 am
Sad I'm afraid this series is over. It will take a miracle to win both in SA.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 07:40 am
Nietzsche wrote:
A comment like this stinks of 'excuse'.

Hey! Down poodle! I'm a Heat fan and don't have a dog in this fight.

Wallace made a world class blunder(always shadow the inbounder) and Horry took advantage...what? 6 rings?
0 Replies

koolplay

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:01 am
Perhaps God wish Spurs win the series of this season...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:54 am
They way the Pistons play sometimes, I wonder if they don't wish the Spurs would win.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:04 am
panzade wrote:
Nietzsche wrote:
A comment like this stinks of 'excuse'.

Hey! Down poodle! I'm a Heat fan and don't have a dog in this fight.

Wallace made a world class blunder(always shadow the inbounder) and Horry took advantage...what? 6 rings?

How, how, how can you leave ANY inbounder left untended -- let alone Horry, who was already killing them and has, y'know, the history and all? Unbelievable.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 10:26 am
Quote:
How in God's name does the best/second best defense in the NBA leave Robert Horry wide open in the closing seconds of OT?

especially when his nickname is "big shot bob"...
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 02:48 pm
That's one mistake (Rasheed). But Billups missed a shot that could have won it; Hamilton tried to draw a foul in a situation where there was NO WAY he was going to get one, AND missed a shot to win it.

On the other side, the game shouldn't have even been that close: Duncan missed a million free throws, missed a bunch of shots late, and missed that tip-in that should have won it.

What can you say? Mental mistakes are a big part of any sport. Pistons just came up short. Happens to the best of 'em.

Pistons win game six (maybe!) and then lose game seven.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 02:59 pm
Duncan was sorry at the end, that's for sure. His misses get in his head, screw up his later shots, shatter his concentration. Didja see that entry pass that went off his hands and out of bounds? The king of fundamentals looked like Will Perdue's clumsy kid brother for a while there...
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 12:00 pm
Man, that was a great game...

Horry rocks. Sometimes I feel what Duncan is going through the pressure and all...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 12:26 pm
Agreed. Duncan is a very human(and funny...did you hear him say that Horry sits around all year and then brings it on in the crucial championship game?) sports star.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 12:54 pm
Give the Pistons some credit; your passing lanes get narrow, you can't get inside the circle as often, B. Wallace is snagging your rebounds--that'll get in anybody's head, Duncan just wears it on is sleeve, he looked like he was going to cry in game four. Yes, very human. It's good to see.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 03:12 pm
Duncan went for 26 and pulled down 19 rebounds (the Wallaces combined for 17 boards) and only turned the ball over twice -- including that flail toward the end. No disrespect to DEEtroit, but I really think it's the missed FTs that get into his head.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 10:27 pm
Rasheeeeeed.
Awesome in the last 3 minutes. Made everyone forget the last game.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 05:20 am
sheed stepped up in his quest for another ship...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 09:45 am
I can't wait to see this game!!!!!

Makes me nervous...we do have a parade planned here.
0 Replies